Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by smokey That is a false statement...from a roll, a stock RSX-S can hang with/beat a stock WRX. ...

Originally posted by smokey
    That is a false statement...from a roll, a stock RSX-S can hang with/beat a stock WRX.

So one with an exhaust would do the same. Jesus, just compare trap speeds. WRX kills RSX-S from a dig, but compare trap speeds and maybe you'll understand.

No one is calling the WRX a POS or even implying the RSX-S is a good sportscar. Just realize the deficiencies of both cars and maybe you can be more objectice.
    hey whats up

anyways, stock for stock even form a stop at higher speeds (100+ mph) rsx will beat the wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    Originally posted by GREDDY
    my WRX was Turboxs stage 2 plus catless upipe and it wasnt an auto. What does that mean, 5K rpm drop(in manual) on an auto would make an auto look bad. Can we say maybe 3-4 cars off the bat and pulling hard til redline. Manual, you can at least hold the gear in til redline, auto normally shifts way before redline.
    errrm, I beg to differ. (and I hate to turn this into an auto vs. manual post) I would look into something before you go and make a post like that. I for one know first hand that you can get the same 60 foot times, and the same a$$ kicking launch in an auto. Just because someone has an auto, doesn't mean that they can't launch the car just as well.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

WRX
    Originally posted by bp82rsxs
    im sure i'd own it from a stop, you guys are seriously underrating the rsx

hehe, just thought I'd chop that sentence a bit.

and to the guys with an auto WRX... if you tihnk you can keep up with a RSX-S higher speeds... then i'd like to try that **** you're smoking because it works great
    I'm smoking RXS-S. You wanna try it?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I'm smoking RXS-S. You wanna try it?
    sure, tell me when and where

WRX
    294 at sundown, and come alone. (wild west music playing in background)
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX

hehe, just thought I'd chop that sentence a bit.

I'm smoking RXS-S. You wanna try it? [/B]
    No offense, but your 1/4 mile time and trap speed is an exact representation of what we are talking about.

A 14.1 would WALK a stock RSX-S by many car lengths - from a dig.

You're trapping 95mph, a stock RSX-S which runs a 1/4 mile about a full second slower is trapping at 93-94mph. So that exact car that you would walk from a dig, well, it can certainly hang during a roll-on race.

Slap Hondata + CAI on there and the WRX, even with your mods, gets walked during a roll on race, and you're going to have a very close call from a dig.

That's all we're trying to say.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I ran a rsx-s from 60 to 110 uphill and beat him easily, 3 to 4 car lenghts.

Stock 03 WRX Wagon (manual)

Haaa...

Damn... look what I started.

Just to chime in again... Anything can happen on the streets... hell I beat a SRT-4 from a stop. (He launced bad and missed third.) and I only still had like a half car on him!!

Just on paper... seems the RSX type S does better from a roll and WRX better from a stop...

Now give me a AWD Turbo RSX and I will be the happiest man on Earth!!!
    2002 RSX type S

Pics, Vids and Mod List

Originally posted by eluminx
    3 to 4 car lenghts.

Originally posted by smokey
    No offense, but your 1/4 mile time and trap speed is an exact representation of what we are talking about.

A 14.1 would WALK a stock RSX-S by many car lengths - from a dig.

You're trapping 95mph, a stock RSX-S which runs a 1/4 mile about a full second slower is trapping at 93-94mph. So that exact car that you would walk from a dig, well, it can certainly hang during a roll-on race.

Slap Hondata + CAI on there and the WRX, even with your mods, gets walked during a roll on race, and you're going to have a very close call from a dig.

That's all we're trying to say.
    my car is not stock FYI

Let's stop all this because both WRX and RSX-S have potential. I admit we're pretty weak from a roll, but from a dig we are beast. The other way around for the RSX-S.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

blah blah blah.. stock vs stock... are you honda owners forgetting something... its called forced induction... while exhaust gives both cars relatively little horsepower. your RSX isnt turbocharged... You cant pick up 25 wheel horse and 35 wheel footpounds without doing any mechanical work... but we can. reflash vs reflash... the wrx will teabag your rsx... pick your speed... please see this post....

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=43928
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Let's stop all this because both WRX and RSX-S have potential. I admit we're pretty weak from a roll, but from a dig we are beast. The other way around for the RSX-S.
    actually no the beast from a roll would be the SRT-4
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    blah blah blah.. stock vs stock... are you honda owners forgetting something... its called forced induction... while exhaust gives both cars relatively little horsepower. your RSX isnt turbocharged... You cant pick up 25 wheel horse and 35 wheel footpounds without doing any mechanical work... but we can. reflash vs reflash... the wrx will teabag your rsx... pick your speed... please see this post....

http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread...threadid=43928
    no ****, thx

FI will always give you better gains then N/A, what we are trying to say is that if you take WRX and RSX with about equal HP WRX will own the low end and RSX will own the top end

also, everybody can slap a turbo on their car and win, but gettig an NA engine to keep up/win with a turbo engine is more fun IMO

jsut tell someone that you have a turbochrged 4-banger that runs 12s in 1/4 mile and they will be impressed, tell someone that you're running 12s in a 2.0 4-banger N/A and now they will be more than impressed (at least ppl who know how hard it is to get there) its just my opinion

i like both cars, for me rsx is more fun, i like high revving engines, i love drivng wrx from time to time too, its fun, totally different cars, i still like my rsx more and as of today my brother cant catch me, he owns the launch... and thats about it i know it'll chnge onece we mod it, but as of now i enjoy beating him LOL

ok This is starting to get a little heated...Just chill everyone! RSX...WRX...they rhyme a little...check that out...hehehe
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.