Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a 2004 WRX (from a roll) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; isnt that 9.9 sec ESX an auto??? granted its probably not stock, but you get the point......

isnt that 9.9 sec ESX an auto??? granted its probably not stock, but you get the point...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock WRXs are rather slow right off the lot. I took one for a test drive, before the stick, and the automatic seems like its choking the car of its power. Now i know they can still be fast with modification but stock...I think stock ones run mid to low 15s stock... If im wrong feel free to put me in my place. Not tryin to talk down about the autos or nothing like that. But i think an RSX's top end can pull on an automatic rex's top end. Prove me wrong people...prove me wrong..

Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

Flame me all you want, stock auto WRX's are butt slow. Manual on the other side is a total different animal. A stock auto WRX would have a hard time keeping up with a manual RSX-S. I have a couple girl friends with auto WRX's and they thought it was fast until they rode a manual WRX(mine).
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    isnt that 9.9 sec ESX an auto??? granted its probably not stock, but you get the point...
    that esx uses a dogbox, however, there is a 10 second wagon esx which is auto. hell robpa ran high 11s in his auto (im pretty sure he did anyway).
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

fastwrx138, my WRX was Turboxs stage 2 plus catless upipe and it wasnt an auto. What does that mean, 5K rpm drop(in manual) on an auto would make an auto look bad. Can we say maybe 3-4 cars off the bat and pulling hard til redline. Manual, you can at least hold the gear in til redline, auto normally shifts way before redline.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

I have a TXS stage 2 WRX and I'll agree that the WRX's top end is lacking. After ~70mph, acceleration just basically goes KAPUT! on the stock turbo. But thanks to that TD04 hairdryer and my quick spooling stg 2 setup, I can take E46 BMW M3s to 60mph(simple stoplight race) and beat them by a car length. Thats not easy for a high revving, low torqueing car like the RSX-s.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Don't mean to flame or anything, but why would you guys buy auto wrx?
    quite simple actually, and it was proven by my mechanic asking me about his nephews 04 wrx.

him: do these usually have tranny problem? oh its automatic.
    me: ya, exactly the reason i bought the auto.
    him: my nephew shredded 1st gear with only 6000 miles on the car, and subaru wont warrentee. is this common?
    me: yep, i read about all sorts of accounts of people shredding gears in the manual. if he's gonna spend money on a new tranny, get a dogbox that'll hold up better.
    him: thats a little overkill, but ill figure out something.
    My Mods

Originally posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    quite simple actually, and it was proven by my mechanic asking me about his nephews 04 wrx.

him: do these usually have tranny problem? oh its automatic.
    me: ya, exactly the reason i bought the auto.
    him: my nephew shredded 1st gear with only 6000 miles on the car, and subaru wont warrentee. is this common?
    me: yep, i read about all sorts of accounts of people shredding gears in the manual. if he's gonna spend money on a new tranny, get a dogbox that'll hold up better.
    him: thats a little overkill, but ill figure out something.
    Excessive clutch dump will shred 1st gear on any manual car...
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

guess im not cool cause i got a auto......shucks!

Anyways can we jump out of the 2 fast 2 furious label that is going on here. Not everyone has a wrx to hang out at the track and burn gas. I could of had the stick but my last car was a stick and it got old. Sitting in bumper to bumper giving the old left leg a workout blows. Auto's are just more relaxing

Originally posted by JrG18m
    Excessive clutch dump will shred 1st gear on any manual car...
    thats funny, i pulled 7k clutch dump burnouts in my old civic with an ACT 250 ft-lb clutch innumerable times and the tranny never complained. are you sure about your statement?
    Last edited by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee; 11-24-2003 at 12:02 AM.
    My Mods

thats funny, i pulled 7k clutch dump burnouts in my old civic with an ACT 250 ft-lb clutch innumerable times and the tranny never complained. are you sure about your statement?
    define innumerable... heh All im saying is that cars, in general, were not built for 7k clutch dumps...if you like to practice the art of 7k clutch dumps, you should not be surprised if your first gear shreds But, i do see where you are coming from and I should retract my previous statment...maybe i was over generalizing
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

i think many WRX owners are underrating the RSX-S, stock for stock as soon as rsx-s hits 3rd gear it'll pull on the WRX, i'd love to find a wrx that runs anywhere from 14.0-14.3 and race from a roll and from a stop, im sure i'd own it from a roll and possbily (i said possibly) from a stop if we raced up to like 120mph, you guys are seriously underrating the rsx

dotn get me wrong, i love both cars (i have both of them) but like somoeone on 2nd page said, wrx's top end is weak, you gotta do some work to it in order to make it quick at higher speeds, thats how it is ( the beauty of all wheel drive )

and to the guys with an auto WRX... if you tihnk you can keep up with a RSX-S higher speeds... then i'd like to try that **** you're smoking because it works great

i know there are plenty of other faster cars, but ill restate, no rsxs with just a fart cannon is faster than a 2004 wrx (even auto).
    That is a false statement...from a roll, a stock RSX-S can hang with/beat a stock WRX.

So one with an exhaust would do the same. Jesus, just compare trap speeds. WRX kills RSX-S from a dig, but compare trap speeds and maybe you'll understand.

No one is calling the WRX a POS or even implying the RSX-S is a good sportscar. Just realize the deficiencies of both cars and maybe you can be more objectice.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by GREDDY
    fastwrx138, my WRX was Turboxs stage 2 plus catless upipe and it wasnt an auto. What does that mean, 5K rpm drop(in manual) on an auto would make an auto look bad. Can we say maybe 3-4 cars off the bat and pulling hard til redline. Manual, you can at least hold the gear in til redline, auto normally shifts way before redline.
    You're saying that you'll get 3-4 car lengths on an equally modded Stg 2 Auto WRX?? You would maybe get 2-3 at the most. If the Auto had an upgraded torque converter you might get 1 car length. Yeah you can hold gear to redline but Autos can hold boost the whole way. Don't get me wrong, Auto WRX's are not as fast as manuals but once you start modding, things start to balance out. And as for your previous post about how we can flame you all we want but auto wrx's are butt slow, you are the one doing all the flaming. Even now, i have not said anything bad about you. Maybe you should think about what your saying before you post it. A WRX is a WRX. Grant it, it might take a little more to money to have it keep up with the manual but so be it and like i said before, ill be more than glad to show you how fast an Auto Wrx can go. You can also scope out my exhaust after i start walking on you.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I'll run you from a roll

Nice car. It's the modded Wrx's you gotta watch for.

Yeah, but your civic wasn't AWD. The tires will give before the clutch will. Not true in the wrx.. I like my launches though, anything above 2k is a waste of time..
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.