Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX vs Clk-500

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Jack 
#1 ·
Well we lined up at a light. I had a 5k launch...perfect. Around 50-60 mph i had car and a half on him. By 100 a car. We shut down at 120mph. It was crazy:D

Look on his face was priceless. We got vids of it to.

My mods
downpipe
mbc @ 16

he was stock
5.0 liter v-8 + 302 hp

#4 ·
We have two vids, one from my car , one from the other.

My friend just needs to find someone to host them.:rolleyes:

#5 ·
damn, your car must be pretty quick! When 2 of my friends lined em up (one had a stock 5speed 2000 GT, one had a clk500) the GT took him by 1 length off a line and then the CLK held it all the way to 100 when they shut it down. My friend in the GT was running 13.9@98 in the 1/4. Im surprised that benz wasnt able to run you down by 100.

#8 · (Edited)
That just made my day =).

I havent run at the track yet but the downpipe and mbc made a huge difference.

To tell you the truth i thought i was going to get killed.

Stoplight---
Well i know i am AT LEAST making 260...

So your friend must be pretty close to 285-300 hp. Right?

#9 ·
This was a snapshot from the movie. This is where i hit 100. You can see the clk to the left and the rest of the cars WAYYY behind:wiggles:

#12 ·
MidnightFLAT4 said:
a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time [/QUOTE

I never like to give 1/4 mile times for mods, becuase it depends so much on the driver so I wont say anything about those estimates, BUT the 270 crank seems a bit high to me. an uppipe/downpipe combo usually net about 25 wheel, where a MBC adds who knows how much. But I do know that a reflash without ANYTHING else down to the car nets around 270 crank. Wouldnt JUST a Downpipe add around 15 crank and the MBC around 15, thus making about 260? I would LOVE it if the setup I have put out 290 crank. The only reason Im not sure about that, is that a stage 2 reflash (with turboback and catless uppipe) is supposed to net around 300 crank.
So I just dont see how an MBC with a turboback vs. a chip with turboback could be so similar
Anyone with more knowledge please respond, as now I am curious:D

#14 ·
reflashes get their power from increased boost. They also run richer, and most ecu reflashes are utilizing the same psi 15.8 cobb stage II. 14.8 stage I. So fully catless, i think 260-270 crank would be approximately the truth. Cobb claims 285hp crank with TBE and STGII

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.