WRX vs Clk-500
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Clk-500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well we lined up at a light. I had a 5k launch...perfect. Around 50-60 mph i had car and a ...

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Thumbs up WRX vs Clk-500

Well we lined up at a light. I had a 5k launch...perfect. Around 50-60 mph i had car and a half on him. By 100 a car. We shut down at 120mph. It was crazy

Look on his face was priceless. We got vids of it to.

My mods
    downpipe
    mbc @ 16

he was stock
    5.0 liter v-8 + 302 hp
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

and the vids are where........?

yes vids!

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    We have two vids, one from my car , one from the other.

My friend just needs to find someone to host them.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn, your car must be pretty quick! When 2 of my friends lined em up (one had a stock 5speed 2000 GT, one had a clk500) the GT took him by 1 length off a line and then the CLK held it all the way to 100 when they shut it down. My friend in the GT was running 13.9@98 in the 1/4. Im surprised that benz wasnt able to run you down by 100.
    2003 SRT-4

a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time
    really? That fast? My friend has a WRX with helix uppipe, bosal twindump downpipe, MBC at 15.5 in 4th, gutted intake silencer thingy, and catback exhaust of some sort...what do you think he's making in terms of hp?
    2003 SRT-4

That just made my day =).

I havent run at the track yet but the downpipe and mbc made a huge difference.

To tell you the truth i thought i was going to get killed.

Stoplight---
    Well i know i am AT LEAST making 260...

So your friend must be pretty close to 285-300 hp. Right?
    Last edited by Jack; 11-22-2003 at 09:55 AM.
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

This was a snapshot from the movie. This is where i hit 100. You can see the clk to the left and the rest of the cars WAYYY behind

-My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

looks like you got 2 car lengths to me

Originally posted by Jack
    That just made my day =).

I havent run at the track yet but the downpipe and mbc made a huge difference.

To tell you the truth i thought i was going to get killed.

Stoplight---
    Well i know i am AT LEAST making 260...

So your friend must be pretty close to 285-300 hp. Right?
    The GT guy? Nah, he was bone stock at that time. So, 260hp
    2003 SRT-4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time [/QUOTE

I never like to give 1/4 mile times for mods, becuase it depends so much on the driver so I wont say anything about those estimates, BUT the 270 crank seems a bit high to me. an uppipe/downpipe combo usually net about 25 wheel, where a MBC adds who knows how much. But I do know that a reflash without ANYTHING else down to the car nets around 270 crank. Wouldnt JUST a Downpipe add around 15 crank and the MBC around 15, thus making about 260? I would LOVE it if the setup I have put out 290 crank. The only reason Im not sure about that, is that a stage 2 reflash (with turboback and catless uppipe) is supposed to net around 300 crank.
    So I just dont see how an MBC with a turboback vs. a chip with turboback could be so similar
    Anyone with more knowledge please respond, as now I am curious
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

the wrx w/ mod has no worry. The CLK500 runs only in the low 14's.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

reflashes get their power from increased boost. They also run richer, and most ecu reflashes are utilizing the same psi 15.8 cobb stage II. 14.8 stage I. So fully catless, i think 260-270 crank would be approximately the truth. Cobb claims 285hp crank with TBE and STGII
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Let's be realistic now. 270crank from 16psi and a downpipe? You're looking at about 255 probably. 10-15 from the downpipe and 20-25 from the MBC.
    02' WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast