WRX Wagon vs. Trans Am Ram Air vs. Lightning

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon vs. Trans Am Ram Air vs. Lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK. I'll try to keep this as honest and smack free as possible. I'm driving home last night and I ...

WRX Wagon vs. Trans Am Ram Air vs. Lightning

OK. I'll try to keep this as honest and smack free as possible. I'm driving home last night and I see a ram air TA and a Lightning going at it from light to light. Well, I couldn't resist and I caught up to them at the next light and pulled in the far right lane as the road was three lanes wide in that direction. These guys were revving and waiting for the green. I revved and the guy and girl in the TA acknowledged my presence. Light turns green. TA jumps the light by a hair but as soon as my clutch slip "hooked up" I was ahead. I was astonished that at the top of first I had a car length on the TA. Second gear continued to push me further ahead but I noticed in my peripheral vision that the Lightning had pulled on the TA and had made some ground towards catching me. I hit third and we all seemed to know it was time to shut things down. The TA and the lightning pulled into a grocery store parking lot, presumably their destination. I continued on home and laughed at the multiple kills. Now to be totally honest, I did not expect to pull on either one of these guys. I was hoping to merely "tag" along. And I know that both of these vehicles are very capable given the proper driver/conditions/traction, etc... they would have eventually caught up and pulled ahead. And I have to add that I am running a TurboXS Stealth Stage II dyno'ed at 229 whp & 241 wtq. Nevertheless, pulling on a ram air and a lightning at the same time in a wagon....priceless! He he he.
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

w00t! Sounds like fun.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Re: WRX Wagon vs. Trans Am Ram Air vs. Lightning

Originally posted by mark5211
    ...snip... Nevertheless, pulling on a ram air and a lightning at the same time in a wagon....priceless! He he he.

Sweet, WAGON POWER!!!!!!!!!!

Had a little go in my WRX with a Lightning myself, similar result.
    02 WRX Wagon Silver SOLD
    03 Cobra Satin Silver, twin screwed, cammed, ported, nasty

nice multi-kill!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

nothing like a good honest review woot woot!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Yea...Give that race another few MPH and that transam would have been on you...cant hold off a car with 300+rwhp for too long.
    2003 SRT-4