killed by an srt-4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on killed by an srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i went to get snow tires today and when i got to the place, this guy from a dodge ...

Red face killed by an srt-4

well i went to get snow tires today and when i got to the place, this guy from a dodge dealership next door came over to see if i wanted to race "his" "stock" srt-4. he was about 25 and selling cars, but i guess the owner of the dealership thought that racing the srt-4 would make me want one, so he let the guy leave to go race me

so anyway, he let me look under the hood and i didn't notice any mods, but i'm not that familiar with srt-4's. we pulled out onto the street, got next to each other at about 20, and took off from a roll. he got his rear bumper to my front by the end of first, then probly 1/2 car to a car by the end of second, then just kept pulling from there. we slowed at about 75 and he had almost two cars on me. then we turned around to try again, from more like 10 or 15 mph this time, and i stayed ahead of him through first gear (which isn't saying much), then he just proceeded to waste me again.

i went back to talk to the guy, and he told me that he filled up on race gas last week (which of course was completely gone by now, for sure) and he has an air filter. also, he had very high performance tires. i'm running 91 octane. right now i'm in wyoming (going to wyotech) so we're at 7000+ feet.

i think i should have won.... are those things really that fast stock? my mods should be in my profile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: killed by an srt-4

Originally posted by Poocaman
    are those things really that fast stock?
    yes.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Re: Re: killed by an srt-4

Originally posted by jungdragon
    yes.
    they have a little too much hp for a stockish wrx...From a roll they are pretty stout little cars.
    2003 SRT-4

Poocaman mods:
    TurboXS Uppipe, TurboXS TMIC, Bosal Downpipe, GoFastBits Pulleys, GoFastBits MBC
    Damn. I don't like that. I guess we need a real Stage 2 car to beat them. I think he might have had SOMETHING....

Grr....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Yeah

You'll need a Stage 2 just to keep up w/ one from a roll. I raced a SRT4 w/ a MBC and we were next to each other; he started to pull in 3rd but we both shut down. It was hot outside so we'll see. Our daily FedEx Ground guy just bought a SRT4 so we're gonna run sometime; he's stock so we'll see what a stock SRT4 does against a Stage 2 WRX in the 50 degrees; I know weather makes a HUGE difference so I'm carefuly on when I race now, low 50s is always a green light for me.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

All I need is a Utec and I will have a complete Stage II. Too bad we need even this much to compete. Well I guess I can't complain. Dodge dropped a 2.4L motor in their car while the STI has a 2.5 so the power from both will always be good.

As much as it stinks to lose to another car, just think of FWD versus AWD.

I defend the SRT-4 left and right on forums, but it was raining tonight and I was driving around in a fairly powerful FWD Mopar with decent tires. Sucks when you can't even get fully into the throttle in second gear without spinning. Nevermind accelerating from a stop while turning. I was able to exit a rotary just by hitting the gas. Fun sometimes, but mostly annoying.

Why I'm seriously considering a WRX wagon/Forester XT for my next car.

-B

You should have raced him from a dig to see if he can actually launch the car. Yes, the SRT-4 is a little monster from a roll, but knowing how to launch the car properly from a dig is whole different ballgame. I am running a EBC set to 16psi and it a real b*tch to launch. I have managed 2.1 60's at the track, but I also hit 2.6's ! If you see that cocky salesman again, hit him from a stop and use your AWD advantage!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Re: killed by an srt-4

Originally posted by Poocaman
    well i went to get snow tires today and when i got to the place, this guy from a dodge dealership next door came over to see if i wanted to race "his" "stock" srt-4. he was about 25 and selling cars, but i guess the owner of the dealership thought that racing the srt-4 would make me want one, so he let the guy leave to go race me

so anyway, he let me look under the hood and i didn't notice any mods, but i'm not that familiar with srt-4's. we pulled out onto the street, got next to each other at about 20, and took off from a roll. he got his rear bumper to my front by the end of first, then probly 1/2 car to a car by the end of second, then just kept pulling from there. we slowed at about 75 and he had almost two cars on me. then we turned around to try again, from more like 10 or 15 mph this time, and i stayed ahead of him through first gear (which isn't saying much), then he just proceeded to waste me again.

i went back to talk to the guy, and he told me that he filled up on race gas last week (which of course was completely gone by now, for sure) and he has an air filter. also, he had very high performance tires. i'm running 91 octane. right now i'm in wyoming (going to wyotech) so we're at 7000+ feet.

i think i should have won.... are those things really that fast stock? my mods should be in my profile.
    Why would you let him take you from a roll? Those FWD is no joke. We have AWD so we should take it from a dig. You'll probably see different result after you race him from a dig.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by drizze99
    You should have raced him from a dig to see if he can actually launch the car. Yes, the SRT-4 is a little monster from a roll, but knowing how to launch the car properly from a dig is whole different ballgame. I am running a EBC set to 16psi and it a real b*tch to launch. I have managed 2.1 60's at the track, but I also hit 2.6's ! If you see that cocky salesman again, hit him from a stop and use your AWD advantage!

i am with drizze99, race him from a dig also. from a roll stock for stock the srt would win everytime. srt puts more horses to the ground then your wrx at the crank .
    autobots transform

you'll lose stock for stock from a dig too. You might jump out a few cars, but I guarantee the SRT-4 will reel you in easily.

Originally posted by XtianLA
    you'll lose stock for stock from a dig too. You might jump out a few cars, but I guarantee the SRT-4 will reel you in easily.
    i think so too, sad as it sounds. that is bad neon
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

I just gotta say i'm amazed at how much respect the SRT has gained since it was first introduced at the Auto Show. Everyone, everywhere gave it the "it's just a neon, it'll break, it's a dodge, it's cheap crap, it's slow".... Now, a few haters aside, everyone gives it the respect it deserves. Not that everyone likes it, but they know what it's capable of.

This board has always been pretty good at recognizing the enthusiast benifits of the srt, which I think is why we have so many SRT owners hanging around here. A little respect goes a long way, and I've got to thank all of you for the respect that has always been shown.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I just gotta say i'm amazed at how much respect the SRT has gained since it was first introduced at the Auto Show. Everyone, everywhere gave it the "it's just a neon, it'll break, it's a dodge, it's cheap crap, it's slow".... Now, a few haters aside, everyone gives it the respect it deserves. Not that everyone likes it, but they know what it's capable of.

For me its just the name....neon. That name just rubs me wrong for some reason. Car can move, looks good and for less than 20k brand new where you going wrong. I was looking at one but once i drove the rex and tasted the AWD i was hooked.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    For me its just the name....neon. That name just rubs me wrong for some reason. Car can move, looks good and for less than 20k brand new where you going wrong. I was looking at one but once i drove the rex and tasted the AWD i was hooked.
    Its not a Neon - its an SRT-4. As far as I know, it doesn't say Neon anywhere on the car and its not even called one.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast