killed by an srt-4 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on killed by an srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ummmm.....what...

ummmm.....what
    Me ni utsuru kono yo wa jigoku to iu

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX stands for World Rally Experimental. Basically that means a street-legal rally car. I don't understand why people who own WRX's are so worried about 1/4 mile times. In order to run a good quarter mile time all you need is a good start, a lot of hp/tq, and know how to shift gears. It requires little skill. The WRX shines in a RALLY RACE. If 1/4 mile is what you are about buy the SRT-4. If you want a real challenge, drive a rally course.

BTW, a slalom or a skidpad test will not tell you anything about how a car will react in the dirt/gravel.
    Last edited by ihaveadent; 11-25-2003 at 02:48 PM.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    BTW, a slalom or a skidpad test will not tell you anything about how a car will react in the dirt/gravel.
    True. It does tell you how your car will react on pavement, which in 99% of the time!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

And not to take the srt-4's side but how many wrx's that regular consumers buy go and rally race it?

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    And not to take the srt-4's side but how many wrx's that regular consumers buy go and rally race it?
    I think that backs up my point. The WRX is not being used in its ideal environment when one is drag racing. Therefore, the best idea is for one to buy an SRT-4 if they are interested in building a drag racer. There are a lot of things that are built for reasons other than what they are used for. I see a lot of 4WD Chevy Tahoes, etc. with 24 inch rims on them.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Last night my cousin and i ran a '04 SRT-4 twice.The first race was from a stop.I own '04 WRX,My cousin drove my car.At the light my cousin stagged at 4500rpms,while the srt-4 only stagged at 1000rpms.The light turned green and the race was over,My cousin pulled a good 3 cars on the srt-4 and the race ended with the cars about 3 cars apart.Great kill.. The second race was different story cause we raced from a 20 mhr roll.The srt-4 caught my WRX at the bottom of second the pull about 1 1/2 cars buy the end of the race.The srt-4 ran 13.9 at 97 mhr.He said it was bone stock 04.My car is stock,but i do have a k&n air filter.
    Last edited by MLB427; 12-04-2003 at 08:29 PM.

Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    well heres how you have to think about it, lets see if this diagram will be enough

base model - middle - high-end model

impreza - WRX - STI

neon - SXT - SRT-4

lancer - ralliart - evo

.... you catch what i'm getting at?
    there are reasons while the srt-4 are like that, not just price range... oh well...
    Exactly! Well I dont like to argue and both are very very good cars. Subaru did skimp on some things. The tires are, lets face it, what you would expect from Subaru. They are meant for all season traction. When the WRX first came out they did test on the upgraded wheels and achieved much better results than the RE92s. Oh well both are great cars.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

A buddy of mine has a SRT-4. We were on our way to go skiing. We were toying around and he was killing me everytime on the way there. But when we got to the mountains and there was some snow on the road things just seemed to magically change. I ended up killing him up the hill and took off and went to our usual spot. By the time he showed up we already had out gear broke out and fully dressed as was like "what took you so long?" He dished me out the sarcastic FU.

Just another point of view to an overall situation. Dont ski but on the weekends mostly. So 95% of the time when we are on dry roads he owns but that other 5% of the time is mine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.