killed by an srt-4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on killed by an srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx I have to give it to the Neon as being faster than us in a straight ...

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I have to give it to the Neon as being faster than us in a straight line. However, when it comes to taking corners, we'll leave them behind.
    OMG, if I received a penny for every WRX owner bringing up cornering or rain/snow when their backs are against the wall I'd be a millionaire .

Oh, and behind by maybe 1 car length .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uh!!!!
    Stock WRX CAN'T take corners, AWD does not make our car a turning machine.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    uh!!!!
    Stock WRX CAN'T take corners, AWD does not make our car a turning machine.
    I'm pretty sure our car handles better than an SRT-4....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    OMG, if I received a penny for every WRX owner bringing up cornering or rain/snow when their backs are against the wall I'd be a millionaire .

Oh, and behind by maybe 1 car length .
    Dont see how you think its back against the wall. Its a very true statement. I could of bought the srt-4. It is cheaper....AWD is the **** hands down. I will never own another RWD or FWD car. Im not a racer so speed dont matter much.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Dont see how you think its back against the wall. Its a very true statement. I could of bought the srt-4. It is cheaper....AWD is the **** hands down. I will never own another RWD or FWD car. Im not a racer so speed dont matter much.
    Again, this thread isn't about the handling capabilities of each car. It's about a WRX racing an SRT-4 on the streets. Stay on topic

Off-topic is fun sometimes!

SRT-4 in a rally:
    SCCA Pro Group 5 2003 Champion SRT4
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-27576.html

Both in D stock in the eyes of the SCCA for Solo II events.

SRT-4 has the edge in braking and numbers when it comes to handling. How much of it is the tires, who knows.

Damn, I'm an impressive thread killah.

Originally posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I'm pretty sure our car handles better than an SRT-4....
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the SRT-4 does better on both the slalom course and on the skidpad, at least in stock form. Granted, a deal of that might have to do with the ****ty WRX stock tires..
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the SRT-4 does better on both the slalom course and on the skidpad, at least in stock form. Granted, a deal of that might have to do with the ****ty WRX stock tires..
    For some reason, AWD care notorious for doing raltively poorly on slalom tests... Perhaps it is because of the etra drive train components affecting the car's ability to quickly change direction, I don't know... but if you look at the slalom times of many awd cars out there, you will see what I mean....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Look at the One Lap of America results if you think the SRT-4 doesn't handle well... this car had just
    Stage 1, acr struts, LSD, 19mm rear sway bar, 2.5" exhaust, 16" ssr rims, and 16" mich Pilot Sport tires.
    That is relatively nothing as for mods and it kicked some serious a$$.

Dyno results prove that the new SRT-4 ('04) has more power.

The rally result isn't really that impressive... it's only competition is an SVT Focus... compare the SRT-4's times against similar AWD cars... the AWD really shows on slippery roads... which is why I love Canada! 8 months of walking on SRT-4's.

I wouldn't totally dismiss the advantage of awd. Of coarse it isn't all it's cracked up to be when compared to rwd but I would take it anyday over fwd.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Oh I totally agree. I hate having to feather the clutch when it is wet out, while turning from a stop, shifting into second... At the same time, where racing occurs with safe conditions, the road usually isn't wet, the track has traction, and you aren't launching with the wheel cranked over.

I'm going AWD my next vehicle, doesn't matter if a FWD car is faster.
    Last edited by Beanboy; 11-24-2003 at 06:26 PM.

well heres how you have to think about it, lets see if this diagram will be enough

base model - middle - high-end model

impreza - WRX - STI

neon - SXT - SRT-4

lancer - ralliart - evo

.... you catch what i'm getting at?
    there are reasons while the srt-4 are like that, not just price range... oh well...
    Me ni utsuru kono yo wa jigoku to iu

Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    well heres how you have to think about it, lets see if this diagram will be enough

base model - middle - high-end model

impreza - WRX - STI

neon - SXT - SRT-4

lancer - ralliart - evo

.... you catch what i'm getting at?
    there are reasons while the srt-4 are like that, not just price range... oh well...
    I would say Neon - R/T - SRT-4

The R/T is a pretty nice ride for the cash. It's competitive with the sporty Foci, Cav's, civic's, etc, and for a lot less money. I wouldn't buy it though, cause it's a neon
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I would say Neon - R/T - SRT-4

The R/T is a pretty nice ride for the cash. It's competitive with the sporty Foci, Cav's, civic's, etc, and for a lot less money. I wouldn't buy it though, cause it's a neon
    ROTFLMAO!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.