killed by an srt-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on killed by an srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ebbtide I just gotta say i'm amazed at how much respect the SRT has gained since it ...

Originally posted by ebbtide
    I just gotta say i'm amazed at how much respect the SRT has gained since it was first introduced at the Auto Show. Everyone, everywhere gave it the "it's just a neon, it'll break, it's a dodge, it's cheap crap, it's slow".... Now, a few haters aside, everyone gives it the respect it deserves. Not that everyone likes it, but they know what it's capable of.

This board has always been pretty good at recognizing the enthusiast benifits of the srt, which I think is why we have so many SRT owners hanging around here. A little respect goes a long way, and I've got to thank all of you for the respect that has always been shown.
    W3RD!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    srt-4 is no joke. if it was an '04 you got smoked for a good reason... they're even faster than the '03. I'm waiting for the day that some cocky salesman (or anyone else for that matter) wants to run me in my wrx. I really want to see one first hand and see how fast they are. I'm also waiting to see some vids of some crazy modified ones.... that'll motivate my 2.5l engine swap for sure
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by smokey
    Its not a Neon - its an SRT-4. As far as I know, it doesn't say Neon anywhere on the car and its not even called one.
    Just to clear things up, it is not badged Neon, but I do believe it is insured as one

From a roll is a definate WRX death, but from a dig, stock vs stock, I don't think the SRT-4 would catch up until maybe 90+ mph. That is if both cars get their best launch. Look at the 1/4 mile times people get stock. The SRT might have a .1-.2 advantage at most, and if you look at trap speeds, you come to the conclusion that by the time you reach 100 the SRT will be even or just ahead and pulling. The WRX is also easier to launch (totally stock, not drag radials for the SRT!!!), so the majority of races from a dig go to the WRX, while all the races from a roll go to the SRT. That is the way I see it.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

If it was at a dealership, it was probably an '04 which explains some of this. The fact that he modified it leads me to believe it probably had a boost controller hidden somewhere since those are very easy to make stealth.

When you consider the thread starter has a StageII+ setup it's impressive either way.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Yo

I have much respect for the SRT4 ... you're right, it looks like a neon and "seems" to be based off one. So far the two individuals whom I've met w/ the SRT4 are great people so I have respect for them. There's always faster and better cars out there just like computers.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I dunno, isn't the car often referred to as the dodge neon srt-4. Kind of like subaru impreza wrx? I wouldn't care if people called my car just an impreza, because that's what it is. Denying any relation between the neon and srt-4 is somewhat unrealistic. Good thing wrx and srt-4 are not competitively priced, just look at what a lot of other car owners say about it. no names named
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I raced one from a roll and pulled on him, slowly, but still pulling. We went from a dig and it was so bad. I pulled many many cars on him. We then went from a dig again and I didn't launch and gave him the go. He pulled a car, then stopped pulling on me, by third gear I had a car on him.

Keep in mind I am only trapping 99.4 and turning a sad 13.6
    2000 WRX

Originally posted by geronimo66
    I raced one from a roll and pulled on him, slowly, but still pulling. We went from a dig and it was so bad. I pulled many many cars on him. We then went from a dig again and I didn't launch and gave him the go. He pulled a car, then stopped pulling on me, by third gear I had a car on him.

Keep in mind I am only trapping 99.4 and turning a sad 13.6

u only trapped 99.4 and u pulled on him??

The Srt4 must have had a really bad driver.
    Z33

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    From a roll is a definate WRX death, but from a dig, stock vs stock, I don't think the SRT-4 would catch up until maybe 90+ mph. That is if both cars get their best launch. Look at the 1/4 mile times people get stock. The SRT might have a .1-.2 advantage at most, and if you look at trap speeds, you come to the conclusion that by the time you reach 100 the SRT will be even or just ahead and pulling. The WRX is also easier to launch (totally stock, not drag radials for the SRT!!!), so the majority of races from a dig go to the WRX, while all the races from a roll go to the SRT. That is the way I see it.

-joe
    Just to clarify. There have been plenty of stock 2003 SRT-4s that have ran 14.0s at 100+mph with 2.2 60fts. Having a WRX run a 14 flat in stock form is indeed a rarity. Most will run 14.3-14.4s at 95mph with a sub 2.0 60ft. Heck, there have been stock 2003 SRT-4s running 13.7 and 13.8s on stock tires. Now the 2004s are out with LSD and they have more power.

Stock vs. stock with equally good drivers the SRT-4 will win easily from a stop and a roll.

Too bad most cars aren't stock any more. Have fun and be safe.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by swipe112
    Yes, the new SRTs do have a LSD but the "increase" in power is mainly just to compensate for the underated engine from before. Also, many of the people who do dip into the 13's also take out spare tires and tweak other things hear and there. For every SRT you hear dipping into the 13's there's probably 20 others who ran low to mid 14's. While I agree, from a roll a SRT will beat a WRX; I still feel a WRX will win from a stop or at the very most be even.
    There IS an actual, physical increase in HP for 04, about 5-10hp. The rating increase is not *just* to compensate for the rating in 03.

I've seen bone stock 03's without anything removed run 13.9+ (best stock time was a buddy of mine, he ran 13.7, but his is a friday car). My first time ever drag racing, with everything in the car, I ran a 14.3. I got my stock 03 to 14.020 before the mods went on. Stage 1 put me at 13.7 (for $300 ), DR's put me at 13.5. And I kinda think launching a wrx would be harder, just because you have to be careful not to bog the turbo. For the SRT, just slip the clutch at 1600rpm, and don't floor the car until you shift to second.

Now, as far as Neon vs SRT-4 naming. Most people call it a Neon, right up until they get beat by it.... then it's an SRT-4
    Last edited by ebbtide; 11-22-2003 at 03:55 AM.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

What Ebbtide said.

But I'll disagree on one thing. If the "average" joe in an SRT-4 is running very low 14s with a 2.2-2.3 60ft, then I don't think it takes a "Friday" car to hit 13.7s. I'm pretty sure with a 2.0 or lower, 13.7s are very possible in every 2003 SRT-4. It just takes a higher than average driver . Now that the 2004s are out and since they do dyno 10-15 more fwhp, it should take less skill to hit 13s. That's something stock WRX folks can't relate to.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

The great what if game

Well every race has a scenario. From the dig (in my stock WRX) I or any of you could put 4-5 or 6 car lengths on one "IF" the roads are wet or if there is snow.

We could play this game all day long. Each car has their advantages. Being the fastest isnt a top priority to me. AWD is!

SRT4 is faster but which one handles better? None the less its pointless to compare the 2. Ive never seen the SRT-4 in any Rally championships. Comparing apples to oranges.

Re: The great what if game

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Ive never seen the SRT-4 in any Rally championships. Comparing apples to oranges.
    I believe that the SRT4 participates in the SCCA rally championship, and is doing pretty well too from the looks of things...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I have to give it to the Neon as being faster than us in a straight line. However, when it comes to taking corners, we'll leave them behind.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Re: The great what if game

Originally posted by skyjock41
    SRT4 is faster but which one handles better? None the less its pointless to compare the 2. Ive never seen the SRT-4 in any Rally championships. Comparing apples to oranges.
    Most if not all the threads in this forum are about "street" races. With that in mind, we are comparing apples to apples.

Please feel free to make your "apples to oranges" argument in the "Rallying and Rallycrossing" forum. Heck, you still might not have a point over there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast