02 WRX vs new Altima 3.5SE?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs new Altima 3.5SE? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anyone ever raced a new Altima 3.2? I was wondering how the 5 speed Rex would do against the ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Shaitiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    571

    02 WRX vs new Altima 3.2?

    Has anyone ever raced a new Altima 3.2? I was wondering how the 5 speed Rex would do against the Altima in a roll from 20-30-40mph to 120mph. Thanks
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

    SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Flyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    9200' Golden, CO
    Posts
    624

    You mean Alty 3.5........

    Before I bought my WRX I was seriously considering a 3.5SE V6 so I spent a lot of time on the altimas.net forum. My opinion is this, I think we would get them off the line and probably pull a couple car lengths to third gear. On the highway they would probably pull on us a little. I am speaking stock vs. stock of course. Our definite advantage is our AWD launch off the line.

    The 3.5SE 5 speed's numbers look like this:
    0-60=6.28
    1/4=14.7
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Tristates
    Posts
    772

    Re: You mean Alty 3.5........

    Originally posted by Flyboy
    Before I bought my WRX I was seriously considering a 3.5SE V6 so I spent a lot of time on the altimas.net forum. My opinion is this, I think we would get them off the line and probably pull a couple car lengths to third gear. On the highway they would probably pull on us a little. I am speaking stock vs. stock of course. Our definite advantage is our AWD launch off the line.

    The 3.5SE 5 speed's numbers look like this:
    0-60=6.28
    1/4=14.7
    Your are right on the money, but then rex is one of the easiest car to extract hp. It took a turbo upgrade on a RSX to do 6.1. I also did a lot of research on Altima 3.5, RSX Type-S and Ultima 3.5 before I decided the REX is gonna give me as much fun as my Eclipse GST. Well 3000+ miles and I am still smiling
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

  5. #4
    Registered User Flyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    9200' Golden, CO
    Posts
    624

    Re: Re: You mean Alty 3.5........

    Originally posted by WRXrumble


    Your are right on the money, but then rex is one of the easiest car to extract hp.
    That's exactly why I decided on the WRX, the amount of aftermarket support is huge.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    314
    Altima 3.5 is not slow at all. I say between these two cars, it is up to the driver.
    Besides, all that power to the front wheels = major torque steer when you step on it.

  7. #6
    Registered User Diesel757's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    83
    Altima 3.5 has a lot of torque steer.

  8. #7
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Do you guys think the Maxima is a little nicer than the Altima? I am not sure on the price difference, but I think I would opt for the Maxima if I were in the market for a new car. It comes with a 6 speed and the interior is much nicer IMHO. I do like the Altima though and sometimes yearn to have a car that size. Shuttling myself, my fiance, and 3 friends to the movies in the S is quite cramped. The WRX is not much bigger either, a little more headroom in the back I think, due to the sloping rear window in the S4. I always like the previous model Maxima (my brother and mother both have one, one is a auto, other is a 5sp). Really nice cars.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Tristates
    Posts
    772
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Do you guys think the Maxima is a little nicer than the Altima? I am not sure on the price difference, but I think I would opt for the Maxima if I were in the market for a new car. It comes with a 6 speed and the interior is much nicer IMHO. I do like the Altima though and sometimes yearn to have a car that size. Shuttling myself, my fiance, and 3 friends to the movies in the S is quite cramped. The WRX is not much bigger either, a little more headroom in the back I think, due to the sloping rear window in the S4. I always like the previous model Maxima (my brother and mother both have one, one is a auto, other is a 5sp). Really nice cars.
    For that car range I will go for the Acura 3.5 TL type S or the G35

    WRX is a compact 4 dr not a full size sedan so you can't compare it to like of Altima/Ultima (same size), 3.5 TL or G35, 5 series, C320 class sedans. It is a 4 dr pocket rocket
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

  10. #9
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by WRXrumble
    Acura 3.5 TL type S
    The acura is the 3.2TL. It is very nice and my friend has one. But missing from the four door is a manual tranny. Perhaps they will add it later. Then I would put it on top of the Maxima.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Tristates
    Posts
    772
    Originally posted by 2001S4


    The acura is the 3.2TL. It is very nice and my friend has one. But missing from the four door is a manual tranny. Perhaps they will add it later. Then I would put it on top of the Maxima.
    A 6 spd tranny is coming in 2003 on the TL Type-S
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

  12. #11
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by WRXrumble


    A 6 spd tranny is coming in 2003 on the TL Type-S
    Now that will be a nice car.

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    6
    I test drove the Maxima with the 6 spd. It was ok fast but not very fun. LOTs of torque steer. Although nicer interior than the Altima, it was still pretty cheesy. The altima interior looks like absolute crap!

    I test drove the 3.2TL as well. It was a nice midsize luxury car. Much less fast than the Maxima and quite boring to drive but very much better quality.

    In the end it was the REX that still stire the loins even though my bike would absolutey clobber any almost any production car, the WRX offered a lot of fun and has a lot of character to boot. Fast is relative and not the ONLY metric.

    FYI
    GSXR1000
    0-60mph = 2.75sec
    1.4mile = 9.95sec

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Hotlanta!
    Posts
    110
    High hp FWD cars need a lil more than a limited slip IMO. The ALtima is swift and so is the Max, but I think they have 2 overdrive gears, I think, not sure.

    The TL-S I know has 4th and 5th as overdrive gears.
    Allow myself to introduce myself

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Tristates
    Posts
    772
    Anyway, which car is getting awards and loyal followers all over the world. Also is made for the masses. I rest my case.

    2 bad nice cars like M3, Z06, S4 and RS 4 is too expensive for the masses to enjoy

    There are people that like fast car and can't justify spendint over 30K for a car. Not to say that they are poor, just they have other things to buy and support.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    314
    In the new road and track, I couldn't believe that the new M3 finished second to last (while the last is Mazda Mp3 mind you.) It was behind porsche Boxster S and Z06, pretty much everything else in the comparison. But I guess you can't beat german engineering, 4 seater coupe for 45k.
    And of course Ferrari 360 Modena finished first.. hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •