02 WRX vs new Altima 3.5SE? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 WRX vs new Altima 3.5SE? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; German engineering---what is that anyway? Crap ergonomics, crap switchology, expensive (extremely) maintenance intervals, oil usage on a new engine, long ...

German engineering---what is that anyway? Crap ergonomics, crap switchology, expensive (extremely) maintenance intervals, oil usage on a new engine, long wait for parts, ----OVERrated!

Go to Europe and BMWs 3series and Audis are as common as a Ford Taurus is here!

Scoobies stand out and are better engineered and manufactured than this touted Teutonic crap. The last BMW I drove was 98 5 series and it was for s^&t! More gadgets than a thing with a lot of gadgets, doors you couldn't get out of, melting plastics, and overly sensitive diagnostic lights.

Want to beat 45K German Engineering? Spend it on a Scooby or an EVO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DUKE996
    German engineering---what is that anyway? Crap ergonomics, crap switchology, expensive (extremely) maintenance intervals, oil usage on a new engine, long wait for parts, ----OVERrated!

Scoobies stand out and are better engineered and manufactured than this touted Teutonic crap. The last BMW I drove was 98 5 series and it was for s^&t! More gadgets than a thing with a lot of gadgets, doors you couldn't get out of, melting plastics, and overly sensitive diagnostic lights.

Man you should read the review on the new 7 series, they hated the new electronics. Setting the radio station require a PHD hahaha
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Yeah, that's one buttock ugly car! There is one in my neighborhood, it's even worse in person.

Originally posted by DUKE996

To each of their own I guess, BMW is a luxury car, everything should be expensive if you know what you are getting into.
    Luxury car = gadgets. Or else everyone will be driving a geo metro because that gets you from point A to B as well.

i love those TL's and Cl's Type S. lots of NA horsepower and torque, nice interior, and the new 6 speeds.

reminds me of the good old days with the legend GS and LS

mmmmmm those cars are still some of the sharpest looking rides on the road.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    i love those TL's and Cl's Type S. lots of NA horsepower and torque, nice interior, and the new 6 speeds.

dR
    Now I have to agree with all of that. Of course my friend has a TL that is beautiful and I used to have a Legend Coupe. I loved that car. Here she is:

I had a 91 Llegend LS, it was a fine car but kind of reminds you of a big version of the Accord. Dead reliable.

Rather have a Volvo S60 T5 than a Bimmer. Bimmers are too common but to each his own. My comment was more to the mystique about German engineering and reliability. I've had a few BMW bikes and they're reliability comes from all the scheduled maintenance you have to do (and they still break in strange ways). I spent a lot of time in Britain over the last two years and was suprised at how common Bimmers are. Went to Brighton in April about the same time a Scooby club was meeting --That was waay cool!

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Do you guys think the Maxima is a little nicer than the Altima? I am not sure on the price difference, but I think I would opt for the Maxima if I were in the market for a new car. It comes with a 6 speed and the interior is much nicer IMHO. I do like the Altima though and sometimes yearn to have a car that size. Shuttling myself, my fiance, and 3 friends to the movies in the S is quite cramped. The WRX is not much bigger either, a little more headroom in the back I think, due to the sloping rear window in the S4. I always like the previous model Maxima (my brother and mother both have one, one is a auto, other is a 5sp). Really nice cars.
    I would take the G35 over the max, altima or the acura's any day. That being said, my 99 max se 5sp ( with some mods of course ) is just as fast as my neighbors 3.2tl and out corners/out brakes it..not to mention a manual vs slushbox. Also, the most reliable car I have ever owned. not one single thing has gone wrong, not one creak or rattle...excellent car and build quality. Whats also great is that for being such a big roomy car, it actually weighs 14lbs LESS than a stock WRX! I'm getting an lsd for it this summer which should be a superb upgrade..in preparation for stillen supercharger kit :-)
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Originally posted by dark_rex

dR
    Yeah I really like the G35 2 dr coupe A little pchip and you got a luxso rocket

RSXracer200

Re: Re: You mean Alty 3.5........

Originally posted by WRXrumble

Your are right on the money, but then rex is one of the easiest car to extract hp. It took a turbo upgrade on a RSX to do 6.1. I also did a lot of research on Altima 3.5, RSX Type-S and Ultima 3.5 before I decided the REX is gonna give me as much fun as my Eclipse GST. Well 3000+ miles and I am still smiling
    you realy have no idea about what your talking about do u....oh well keep on posting things like this to try and make yourself feel better about a rsx with 7lbs. would rip your ass apart

WRX is now going into stage 4 mod, stage 5, 6 7 will be coming soon.
    Wait till the EVO and STI with the HD motor, 350Z TT, Audi RS6, NSX show up with pchips/unichip and turbo upgrades, now what are you going to do.

Don't worry about the WRX, it is only the the beginning of the great HP war. Maybe you should import a Type-R engine with a turbo kit to be on the safe side

Btw my rex will be consider slow comparing those up coming killer cars and that is the fact of life. You are never fast enough.

Beaten it from the line of course. A rolling race was a bit closer... but from the one I raced, I won because I was just the better driver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.