Vishnu Stg. 2 vs. Slightly modded EVO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vishnu Stg. 2 vs. Slightly modded EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, I just got my Vishnu Stg. 2 completed completed last weekend (upgraded from stg. 1). And I've been itching ...

Vishnu Stg. 2 vs. Slightly modded EVO

Okay, I just got my Vishnu Stg. 2 completed completed last weekend (upgraded from stg. 1). And I've been itching to race a REAL car since but havn't found one yet. Until yesterday on the way to work, I see a silver Evo about 4 cars up in front of me on 980 in Oakland,CA. I do a zig around a couple cars and pull up even with him-me in the slow lane, and him in the fast with both open roads for a ways. We both looked at each other for a few seconds and then I lunged the car to let him know I wanted to run and dropped back even with him doing about 60-65mph or so.

I guess he wanted it because we both downshifted and mashed the gas at that point and started hauling. We stayed even a second or two until the VF30 got into it's power band and I started pulling....shift to forth...continue to slightly pull...My rear bumper was about even with his front...and I had to brake for a semi in my lane after we hit about 125 or so.

After slowing I jumped behind him in his lane so we could get through some cars to another clearing. He spotted an opening, and hammered it, with me behind him chasing. This time we went from about 75mph. This time, my RPM's were already in the sweet spot when I downshifted, and I immediately started reeling him in, so I had to change lanes before running into his bumper. I shift to forth, and pull up even with him, and start to over take him by 120 or so. By 130-135mph I was a car length ahead of him and we shut down for good. My brakes were toasted after slowing down twice from those speeds, but they were already getting pretty warped anyway.

We slowed down when we caught up to traffic and chatted through the windows for a sec. I told him some of the stuff I had on the car and he told me he had some kind of exhaust pipe. I don't know if he meant catless or what, I could barely hear him, and he called it an extension pipe or something? I let him know that there was plenty more power in his car if he only had 1 or 2 mods. We parted ways in traffic and lost each other few minutes later.

Awesome race though...it almost made up for the fact that I had to work and missed the wed. night drags that day, which is where I would have preferred to lay some smack down.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up Down With The EVOz

Hey nice run man. How are you liking the Vishnu stage 2 so far??!! All in all sounds pretty RIGHTEOUS, and again good run!

Thanks, I'm lovin' the Vishnu Stg 2! I'm still running the old UniChip with it though and not the ECUTEK, which would probably be even better.

I'm thinkin' about gettin' it dyno tuned by Shiv since I'm only about 45 minutes from Vishnu. I need to get my Qtec valve repaired though. I have a exhaust dump 12" after the turbo in the DP for "Wide Open exhaust" however, I had a mishap with my Qtec and had to take it off, so my exhaust dump is capped off for now.

This is something else to take into consideration for the Evo race too, because the car is definately faster in the higher RPM's with the Dump open (and LOUD )

-jason

Dang Jason with the QTec it sounds like it would have been an all out embarrassment for the Evo. I envy you for being so close to Shiv and the gang. For now the plus side here, in the new home, is that there really are no emission requirements! Sounds like your toy is quite the beast. Are you plannin on upgrading to the Stage 3 this winter, when it hits the shelf? 3.2-3.4 0-60, and high 11's possible in the1/4..sounds wicked cool to me... keep us posted!
    -Taylor

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    where is Vishnu? Is it in the bay area? Whats their website?
    2003 SRT-4

Here you are Bro, enjoy!

http://www.vishnutuning.com
    Last edited by Boostman; 11-20-2003 at 12:52 PM.

Originally posted by Boostman
    http://www.vishnutuning.com
    hah! Thats like 10min from my house! Cool! Looks like if I get a WRX, I wont have trouble tuning it!
    2003 SRT-4

Go ahead rub it that I live in Kentucky. You lucky... You better get a WRX now!

Originally posted by Boostman
    Go ahead rub it that I live in Kentucky. You lucky... You better get a WRX now!

I want to Im only working part time right now, though, so until I can find full time work again Im stuck driving the unreliable stangs and the boring toyota Avalon
    2003 SRT-4

What does there stage 3 consist of that is different?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

do you know how much whp you're putting down?
    Nothing

If I remember right stage 3 doesn't use ANY (or very few) of the same parts as stage 0,1,2. So if you think you want stage 3 someday don't waste your money on the other stages.

nice kill. i played with an evo once and damn it sounded good. it was stock though.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

Sounds like your toy is quite the beast. Are you plannin on upgrading to the Stage 3 this winter, when it hits the shelf?
    Probably not, I think it will be beyond my means $$$ wise. While stage 2 has been my goal since buying the car, I couldn't justify the turbo upgrade until my stocker went south (which it did...).
    Just to clarify also, that most of my parts are NOT Vishnu brand, the tuning is for sure though, and I have EVERY part of the Stage 2.

What does there stage 3 consist of that is different?
    I have actually SEEN a prototype of a Stage 3 that Shiv and the gang were working on...I actually posted about what I saw about a year ago. Shiv asked me to have the thread killed and keep it hush until it's unveiled publicly... But it will be FAST and EXPENSIVE... and only run on Race gas I believe.

If I remember right stage 3 doesn't use ANY (or very few) of the same parts as stage 0,1,2. So if you think you want stage 3 someday don't waste your money on the other stages.
    Pretty much correct...even the exhaust comp. are diff. If you plan on Stage 3, you might want to consider the cost of a beefier tranny too, cause you'll need it one way or another.

Dang Jason with the QTec it sounds like it would have been an all out embarrassment for the Evo.
    Yeah, I would have pulled quite a bit better in upper RPM's with the exhaust dump open. Considering that while I'm -3 cats, I still have stock cat-back, and the dump bypasses EVERYTHING. The Qtec is actually off the car at the moment, because I will have to send it back for the 2nd time. Kinda disappointed about that, but that's what you get when you try something not in the mainstream... When I got it the motor didn't work, so I had to return it. After that, I installed it and it worked beatifully for about 2 months or so. Until the other day, my exhaust was open, and it got quiet all of a sudded and I heard something metal dragging under the car. When I checked to see, the motor assembly had disconnected from the valve assembly and was being dragged by the 12v cable attatched to the motor. So it's toast after being dragged. I need to get in touch with the manufacturer and see about getting it replaced.

-jason

How does your car react (mapping wise) with the cutout closed v. open. Is boost and all that good stuff ok in both positions? I have been considering a similar route, but am worried that it might be a tuning nightmare ending in compromise...

Nice kill btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast