Vishnu Stg. 2 vs. Slightly modded EVO - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Vishnu Stg. 2 vs. Slightly modded EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How does your car react (mapping wise) with the cutout closed v. open. Is boost and all that good stuff ...

How does your car react (mapping wise) with the cutout closed v. open. Is boost and all that good stuff ok in both positions? I have been considering a similar route, but am worried that it might be a tuning nightmare ending in compromise...
    So far I'm running on the base Stg. 2 map so I'm not sure how it's running. I've been running the boost @ about 15psi while I have the Qtec off the car to compensate for the stock muffler. With the Qtec open, I run the car at 17psi which is what Vishnu recommended. I am planning on getting the car dyno tuned by Shiv as soon as get my Valve repaired and reinstalled.

As for the tuning nightmare, I am going to have the car tuned for the valve wide open since that is how I run 99% of the time. The only time I close my dump is when I'm within earshot of the police....soon as their outta sight it's wide open again. If it's tuned for wide open, as long as I don't go WOT with the valve shut, it shouldn't cause any problems. Besides, if you're gonna go WOT, you'll def. want the Qtec open...it's music to the ears!

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you run the EVO at 15 psi of boost ? Great run!

Yes, it's set at about 15 and creeps up to 16 or so by redline (because of the non-bellmouth design)...

I was running it this way when I raced the Evo.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12