Mustang people waving the BS Flag
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang people waving the BS Flag within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...threadid=93350 And to be honest, I smell BS sometimes too. I take all the post here with a grain of ...

Mustang people waving the BS Flag

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...threadid=93350

And to be honest, I smell BS sometimes too. I take all the post here with a grain of salt. The WRX is a fun and quick car, I'm not bashing them or you at all. Street racing is just that, street racing. Time slips tell the real stories. I feel like I'm on both side of this one, I own(ed) 2 Mustangs, 2 Camaros, and a WRX. I had a GT with a 302 that I know would spank my WRX. But I build that car to run in straight lines only. The WRX would blow that car away in the curves. So I don't know where I'm going with this, but a lot of times I don't think apple are being compared to apple. I feel a lock coming on
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GT guys must smoke crack

Right back at em...

Timeslips DO tell the real story, you are correct. The WRX has timeslip verified numbers showing that it can run high 13s stock, easily so with the addition of a $25 boost controller. With a few off-the-shelf parts, these cars are running low 12s. This is simple fact.

-Pace

Humm ...

People talking smack ... I remembered that w/ an uppipe and MBC @ 16psi I kept up w/ a <98 Cobra who had I passenger in the car from a roll between 20-60. However I did hit fuel cut in 1st because I got too excited however I'd love to go against a 99+ Cobra from a 0-100 and 10-100. However I don't know any Mustang drivers? I've been against a 02 LS1 but he only took me in 3rd once his 100 shots hit. We talked afterwards and he even agreed that a WRX would win in a street race against 95% of the car UNLESS they're on the BOTTLE. I only had the MBC and uppipe at the time racing on the drag against the LS1.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

And what's this business they're saying about bad trannys? I don't have a problem with mine, however, every friend that I had that owned a rustang had tranny problems. Don't know if rustangs have bad trannys or not, but the ones I've seen did.

"And what's this business they're saying about bad trannys? I don't have a problem with mine, however, every friend that I had that owned a rustang had tranny problems. Don't know if rustangs have bad trannys or not, but the ones I've seen did."

Ford T5s or any T5 sucks nutz!!! They have some serious case flex when your dealing with higher HP nubmers. Now lets talk about how the newer mustangs have a knocking problem and trash for rear axle bearing Oh don't forget about PCM probs causing their motors to cutout at speed

Right back at em...

Timeslips DO tell the real story, you are correct. The WRX has timeslip verified numbers showing that it can run high 13s stock, easily so with the addition of a $25 boost controller. With a few off-the-shelf parts, these cars are running low 12s. This is simple fact.
    jeez...settle down guys. You're too defensive. I'm not knocking WRX's. I've even thought about buying one. I WAS, however, making fun of some of the defensive bench racers on this site who seem to have their heads stuck up their butts.

later
    2000 Mustang GT
    exhaust, gears, N2O, the usual.

Freakboy...Not attacking you I think someone was reading the post on the corral board. I had a bottle fed 302 in my old 86 GT, ripped the tire beads every time I would grin for weeks!!

Freakboy...Not attacking you I think someone was reading the post on the corral board. I had a bottle fed 302 in my old 86 GT, ripped the tire beads every time I would grin for weeks!!
    No problem. Nice to know I'm not the only stang or Ex-stanger on this board.

And what's this business they're saying about bad trannys? I don't have a problem with mine, however, every friend that I had that owned a rustang had tranny problems. Don't know if rustangs have bad trannys or not, but the ones I've seen did.
    I wan't laughing or making fun of your tranny's. I was just stating what I read on this board. Seems like a lot of people complaining about 1st-2nd gear and whatnot. And no, mustang tranmissions aren't the greatest.
    2000 Mustang GT

I think this may become a "off-topic" thread. But anyway. I had a lot of pressure not to buy my WRX. My dad has a 69 455 GTO and my friend next door has a firebird with a 383. I has a 1LE Camaro, till I sold it. So is does feel weird pulling in to a parking lot to meet my friend in the WRX. But the WRX is a fine car, I looked for a year because I have a family now and need 4 doors. No car in it's price range compare to the WRX. I suggest you go on a test drive, I was hooked. This my first 4 cylinder turbo, and let me tell you that it puts your a$$ in the seats when you get the perfect launch. I even got the "OH Sh$T" from my 383 friend as he grabbed the door handle when I learned to launch the WRX . I was almost ready to buy a older M3 till I drove my current car. So you see not all of us riceboys all about stickers and wale tales

I don't have a problem with "rice-burners" as long as they are fast. And what's all this I keep hearing about the Skyline coming to America? That would be totally sweet!

So you bought a 4-cylinder and your dad didn't disown you? Heheh. just kidding. The worst thing about a 4 banger is the way it sounds. uhhg. I love the rumble of a nice v8.
    2000 Mustang GT

Next time you next to an older 911, listen to the engine. That how a WRX sounds (kind of) WRX has a boxer config so it sounds feels different. Sounds a ton better than a honda! Still doesn't compare to a H-piped V8 ford or a MOPAR. But when you get old like me you don't need that window shaking exhaust Okay I need to stop talking about american metal are I might get kicked off this board

Originally posted by Freakboy4.6
    I don't have a problem with "rice-burners" as long as they are fast...
    Interesting how to Freakboy4.6 and on that site, ANY Japanese made car is a "rice burner", whereas here, people go out of their way to call other cars "rice".

And I love this post on corral.net:

Originally posted by lyonsd on corral.net
    Hmmm. Some of those guys need a reaility check. Looks like the majority of them think a stock WRX will take a stock Mustang GT.

I guess they're young and were a part of outcome-based educations, where mid 14s is quicker than high 13s
    Since when was a stock GT a 13 sec car?

i was thinking the same thing when i read that. Maybe he got the cobra and the gt mixed up, you know those mustang owners.. if they are dumb enough to buy a mustang they are probably not very good with numbers.

I tried to show Freakboy the light... I think 99 and up mustangs got different heads, better flowing/higher compression. It is possible for one of those stangs to hit the 13's. It's not easy but can be done. Traction is aways a prob unless they bolted so slicks on it?

Heh, a 99-02 GT is a 13.9x car when PROPERLY driven. I've seen them go much slower with a dork behind the wheel, but the same's true for lots of cars....

My Lightning's a 12 second car with just a few minor bolt ons too...

What's the fastest verified WRX run in the 1/4?

There was a totally stock silver WRX at Summit and I could not get away from it in my road racin' Mustang. (Stock engined, 233 horses, but full race setup otherwise.) They are impressive cars. I have yet to run one at a stoplight, but given the propensity of most WRX owners in my area to:

A: not modify
    B: be dumbasses

I don't think I'm going to have problems...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.