Mustang people waving the BS Flag - Page 7
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Mustang people waving the BS Flag within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by chuglobal I replied to your email yesterday ... sorry but I don't have any pateince when it ...

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I replied to your email yesterday ... sorry but I don't have any pateince when it comes to new toys.
    Put the 50lb/hr injectors in the GN this monring, along with a new chip to go along with them. Car's running like crap now. Hopefully it's just a tuning issue. Here's my thread about it on the TurboBuick.com forum.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Forget what I have said in the past-I was having a bad day. Why do WRX owners love their cars and think very highly of its capabilities. Simple, What is more exhilerating--Racing sideways for 10 seconds or doing the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds? I rest my case.

Originally posted by Rex N Effect
    Forget what I have said in the past-I was having a bad day. Why do WRX owners love their cars and think very highly of its capabilities. Simple, What is more exhilerating--Racing sideways for 10 seconds or doing the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds? I rest my case.
    How about doing the same 13-12 sec 1/4 mile run in bad weather good weather any where any time any day

I don't care much for a 10 sec any kinda of car. I am not buying a high maintenance track rocket. Btw I run into like 4-5 cops every day,
    they are everywhere and ready to pull your license. That much for having a 10 sec killer car on the road.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

whats up with you wrx guys braggin about racing in the rain and doing rally racing and stuff? First of all i don't think anyone of this board has the skill of the rally racers and will be able to control the car as well as those guys do. Also racing in bad weather is stupid no matter if u have AWD,FWD,or RWD...Its just plain ignorant and puts other people on the road in harms way when you lose control (and don't think it can't happen just because of AWD)

oh yeah and i have a stock 87 lx if anyone wants to race
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

Originally posted by 87LX50
    Also racing in bad weather is stupid no matter if u have AWD,FWD,or RWD...Its just plain ignorant and puts other people on the road in harms way when you lose control (and don't think it can't happen just because of AWD)

oh yeah and i have a stock 87 lx if anyone wants to race
    Racing in any condition on the street is dangerous, perfectly clear day or pouring snow on the ground.

As far as racing someone, I hear Richard coming waving his big stick!
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Favorite Passenger Comment: I feel like we're about to go lightspeed!

To all the Mustang people:

By all rights, you should be able to beat our cars. You have 4 more cylinders, more than twice the dispacement and 20 more horsepower. The fact that you don't do it very easily stock should be a testament to the ingenuity of japanese car makers. They take half the motor and make it pretty awesome. You have to admit, our engine is pretty powerful for a 4-banger. I didn't buy my car to beat mustangs. I bought it because as a 4-cylinder, (and me driving 80 miles a day) I get good gas mileage. I also bought because of the winter. AWD suits me perfectly for 12-15 inches of snow a lot better than RWD. If Ford decided to make an AWD Mustang, I may consider buying it. But until then I will never own one.

Just tired of all the territorial pissings.

i just finished reading ticrab and WRX's posts over there.

first off, thank you both for representing us maturely and concisely. you both make us look good. knock them all you want guys, but there are as many jerks and unintelligent posters here as there are over there. the mustang is a legacy drag car. it's got roots longer than most japanese car companies have been around, and it's just one product line.

does it swing in the twisties like a rex? no. does it auto X and run the dirt like a rex? no. but tell me what you'd rather dump $5G's into for a drag race.

it's apples and oranges. i just like a car that i don't have to garage in the winter because the RWD will put me into a bridge abutment. the fact is, you have to do that with an M5 too.

means nothing.

post nicely now kids.

dR

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.