Mustang people waving the BS Flag - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang people waving the BS Flag within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, To all Mustang (GT, Cobra, SVT, Roushe, etc) and Lightning owners: I, bedabi, hereby fully concede that you have ...

OK,

To all Mustang (GT, Cobra, SVT, Roushe, etc) and Lightning owners:

I, bedabi, hereby fully concede that you have a faster car than mine when you smash your right foot to the gas pedal. Since I have no intention of ever setting foot (or rubber) on a 1/4 mile track, you may rest assured and remain at peace.

Happy?

("when properly driven...." x10)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL

From my reading of the topic in the Mustang forum most of them have no idea what's coming in from Japan in terms of performance cars. Hell, I bet half of them don't know what a Skyline is.

My advice to Mustang owners is take ANY WRX that lines up to you seriously if you're going to race them. If you laugh and don't do your best run you're gonna get your ass handed to you. There's too many of us running around town with mod's just like so many Mustangs running around with mods. When you're talking tenth's of a second on quarter mile and either one blows a launch the other person's got the win.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Favorite Passenger Comment: I feel like we're about to go lightspeed!

Had an 86 stang ALL and I mean ALL tricked out. Frickin fast car too. Second best car I ever owned.....guess what the first is? You really can't compare the two though. A stang you can loaf around in, let it idle around town and punch it whenever you want and she rips. The rex on the other hand you have to drive hard to get the performance going. Once she's going though, hang the hell on!
    Don't flame. Be nice

This is the beauty of the rex. It brings in drivers from all walks. I personally have had 3 70 mustangs (coupe, fastback, & mach 1), a sleeper 89 lx, and a pair of camaros (89 z28 slothlike but fun, and a old rs). I spent most of my summers & college breaks under the hood of those mustangs. The coupe was lost to accident, the fastback was its short term replacement till I pried the Mach 1 out of my friends hands.
    wow sorry about the trip down memory lane. The point is I love the mustangs new and old and if it were not for the fact that I can drive a station wagon that is so very close I would be driving a new mustang today. Although I do miss all the low end grunt of the v8 you can not beat the feeling of the turbo rush, and of knowing that the guy/gal that just tried to take you has to look at the rear of a station wagon and think what the heck....
    **So new to this WRX LOVE**

Originally posted by Freakboy4.6

No problem. Nice to know I'm not the only stang or Ex-stanger on this board.

I am another former Mustang owner. I've had 4 ('65 hardtop, '84 LX 5.0 Convertible, '96 GT Hardtop, and a '97 GT Conv). Mustangs are my favorite American made car. Never had any problems with the tranny, but the '97 came from the factory with an oil leak - or maybe it was a dealer installed option. All were stock automatics so they weren't very fast. They didn't feel as fast as my WRX. I haven't driven any Mustangs newer than '97. I think they only had 225 hp that year.

Matt
    2000 Acura NSX
    Silverstone
    No Mods

2002 Subaru WRX
    WR Blue
    No Mods (except Rear Spoiler)

2001 Acura MDX
    Granite Green Metallic

Attention Mustang GT owners, you 4.6L ain't got nothin' on a lightly modded WRX.

OK, my WRX isn't stock, but I have less than $500 in the engine:

If time slips don't lie, I got news for you:

Code:
    	Me		Mustang GT
    60	1.855		2.186
    330	5.693		5.927
    1/8	8.713		9.020
    MPH	78.70		79.23
    990	11.322		11.615
    1/4 	13.681		13.949
    MPH	98.47		99.72
    BTW, with less than $50 invested, a good MT driver can easily pull off consistant 13.8s runs at about 96mph.

-Jim

Originally posted by bedabi
    Since when was a stock GT a 13 sec car?
    Since 1999.

Also, there are some '87-'93 5.0s that have broken into the 13s bone stock. In the 5.0 world, these are the major factors that determine how quick they can go:

5-speed vs AOD (5-speed is quicker)
    Body style ("Notchbacks" are quicker than hatchbacks which are quicker than GTs which are quicker than LX convertibles which are quicker than GT convertibles)
    Gear ratio (3.08s are quicker than 2.73s)
    Year ('87s before the air intake silencer are the quickest)

Given that, some early models ('87 or so) "notchbacks" with 5-speed and 3.08 gears have broken into the 13s bone stock.

I had a bone stock '88 GT with 5-speed and 2.73 rear gears and ran a 14.4 bone stock and lifting at the end to avoid a breakout.

Originally posted by elohdaeh78
    i was thinking the same thing when i read that. Maybe he got the cobra and the gt mixed up, you know those mustang owners.. if they are dumb enough to buy a mustang they are probably not very good with numbers.
    Yeah, and it's always people like you who know more about Mustangs than the people who've owned, raced and been involved in the Mustang hobby for years.

Originally posted by The Enemy
    My advice to Mustang owners is take ANY WRX that lines up to you seriously if you're going to race them.
    Since you're in Atlanta, bring it on. But if you want a shot at my Mustang, you're going to have to earn it; you've got to beat my slow car first.

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Attention Mustang GT owners, you 4.6L ain't got nothin' on a lightly modded WRX.
    And what if the 4.6L is lightly modded too?

OK, my WRX isn't stock, but I have less than $500 in the engine:

If time slips don't lie, I got news for you:

Code:
    	Me		Mustang GT
    60	1.855		2.186
    330	5.693		5.927
    1/8	8.713		9.020
    MPH	78.70		79.23
    990	11.322		11.615
    1/4 	13.681		13.949
    MPH	98.47		99.72
    BTW, with less than $50 invested, a good MT driver can easily pull off consistant 13.8s runs at about 96mph.
    Not bad. 13.681 is a little better than a stock 4.6L GT. And by the MPH, looks like the Mustang in your example has a better power-to-weight ratio. As that and the 60' times indicate, you beat him with traction. Now suppose he put on some drag radials.

For less than $1000 in mods, I had my '88 5.0 running 13.1@108 on street tires. With a trap speed of 108, that's deep into the 12s with better tires than cheap $60 street radials.

Originally posted by lyonsd

Since you're in Atlanta, bring it on. But if you want a shot at my Mustang, you're going to have to earn it; you've got to beat my slow car first.

Nice Car! Those Grand Nationals are serious on the strip!
    I'll race you on the strip if you'll race me on Rally Cross. Or are ya afraid of a little mud on your tires?
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Also, there are some '87-'93 5.0s that have broken into the 13s bone stock.
    There are "bone stock" WRXs that have broken into the 13s as well. But I wouldn't go so far as call our cars a 13 sec car by any means. But since you're a Mustang guy who's "owned, raced and been involved in the Mustang hobby for years", you feel at liberty to say that.

Since you're in Atlanta, bring it on.
    Again, let me reiterate, you may keep your car on the 1/4 mile track and feel confident that your car(s) are faster than mine. Stomp on that gas in that automatic Monte Carlo all you want.

PlatinumWRX is into the 1/4 mile strip. Maybe he'll have a go at it. But then you take either one of your "faster than thou in a straight line" cars on a rallycross course right afterwards with Palitinum. OK? Feel free to put on "better tires than cheap $60 street radials". I believe Platinum still runs on his crappy RE92s.

Then you can go on a race track or autocross with me. I'm a pretty lousy driver on the autocross. But I have a preety strong feeling I'll come out ahead. Bring your Monte Carlo, that way you won't even have to downshift while you turn. Ever done that before?

And while you're at it, come visit Brooklyn one of these days and make sure you have that confederate flag on the front of your car. It'll go over real well here.
    Last edited by bedabi; 05-09-2002 at 07:16 AM.

Originally posted by The Enemy

Or are ya afraid of a little mud on your tires?
    Yes!

Originally posted by bedabi
    Again, let me reiterate, you may keep your car on the 1/4 mile track and feel confident that your car(s) are faster than mine.
    Personally I could care less.

Stomp on that gas in that automatic Monte Carlo all you want.
    My "slow" car is a Buick Regal. Monte Carlos are Chevrolets.

Then you can go on a race track or autocross with me. Ever done that before?
    Nope.
    Last edited by lyonsd; 05-09-2002 at 07:20 AM.

Yo

Try me ... . I'll race anyone anytime in the dry, rain, dirt, mud, snow, ice, etc ... as some already know. You don't have a real car unless you can run it in ALL conditions. Running a car in a controlled environment ... dry, straight line, no turns, etc is NOT a race ... that's the lazy way. Taking out spare tires, tools, back seats, 1 gallon of gas, etc. is also cheap.
    During the ice storm a few months back I drove to work ... beauty of AWD . I saw Mustangs, Cameros, etc ... going 20mph on 285E ... I was still doing 60mph in a 55mph ... I slowed down and looked over ... they were in too much of a panic to look back at me. I would have gone w/ them. It would have been a short race since I'd be going and them spinning in circles.
    Traction is a + for AWD but what's all 500whp if you don't get the power till 5sec into a race when I'm already done? I'm game if you can bring it on ... and I have a roof rack.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Yes!
    It's cool man, I'd like to see that Grand National run. I've never been near one and yea I'd go with ya just to see what I'd get beat by. Richard, Ryan and I are always messing around and have various mods done to the cars. I think Richard would keep up with ya through the power range (0-80mph).

And yes, Richard (Chuglobal) is the guy with the roof rack and waving the big stick trying to get people to race him.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Also ...

Racing me from 70-X on 285 is stupid since I NEVER usually drive above 80mph locally. Humm 0-70 I'm always game but 80+ is just being stupid. If we could drive 100mph w/out having cops on us then I'd go w/ anyone to 100+. Try me if you see me around ...
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Sounds like Chu's getting ready to write another fun thread with a co-writer!

I may talk some smack, but that Grand National is one SERIOUSLY fast car. In a straight line, on a dry, smooth road, of course. It even has trunk space and room for the kids. Like our cars.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.