wrx vs. is300 highway runs lol
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs. is300 highway runs lol within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Once in awhile I read the stuff on is300.net, It amused me how often they mock the wrx topend but ...

wrx vs. is300 highway runs lol

Once in awhile I read the stuff on is300.net, It amused me how often they mock the wrx topend but I never really thought much of it, knowing that awd does take a big toll. I finally got to race my friend's is300 a few days ago and we started off with a rolling start from 20 just to be fair to him. My car has catback and tires, close to stock not quite. Friend has stock e-shift.
    He counts down from three and I floor it in second gear, to my suprise I totally destroyed him and by the end of 20-70 I had about five lengths on him.
    We did other rolling starts from 40 and 60 with the same result. One time he took off on the highway ahead of me and I just tried to keep up with him. I knew he was going to take his car damn near top speed so I just tried to stay with him. Later he told me at about 120 I started to pull on him very quickly. I know that both cars aren't amazing at freeway speeds but I expected them to be more or less comparable at high speed.

Just for amusement we did one run from a stoplight. Basically looked like he wasn't moving.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i havent got to race one of those yet. but now i think i will give it a try.

oh thats a cool sig. how true.
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

I raced an is300 hatch on the freeway, no contest. They take beautifully to mods though...

I Support ClubWRX
    I raced an IS on the highway and thought I was roasting him.... until he stepped on the gas.... He had a turbo.... he roasted me very badly.... that was Stage 2 though.... Now, I 'd still get beat I think, but it'd be a lot closer...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

nice runs!

I've been wanting to run my brothers friend (IS300, e-shift thing, chip, and cat-back) just to see how i'd do against him. Maybe i will now after hearing this story
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

WRX
    Originally posted by MidKnight
    he roasted me very badly.... that was Stage 2 though.... Now, I 'd still get beat I think, but it'd be a lot closer...
    I bet from a stop you'd own.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by bunni
    I raced an is300 hatch on the freeway, no contest. They take beautifully to mods though...
    There's a hatch for Is300? maybe you saw a civic Si.

I Support ClubWRX
    No, they make an IS300 "wagon".
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

they make IS wagon?? pics?

I Support ClubWRX
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    http://www.lexus.com/models/is/sportcross.html
    woah. I've never seen it before. thnx for sharing!

IS300

I work at Wilkie Lexus in PA and I will be the first to tell you the IS is weak. They don't even sell that well. As far as a camparison to a WRX goes its non existant. The WRX will cream it from any speed, and in any other performance category. Just for fun, I let one of the managers drive my car because he mocked the WRX from day one. He always thought the 5-spd version of the IS300 was definately faster then my car. Lets just say he was very IMPREZED with my car but would not admit it. Told me it was nearly dead down low, but it does get up. I told him he just doesnt know how to drive it. Oh well, lets move on to a tougher challenge guys. However in two years it will be an IS330 with AWD in the works. Uh oh....
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Re: IS300

Originally posted by Mabf355
    I work at Wilkie Lexus in PA and I will be the first to tell you the IS is weak. They don't even sell that well. As far as a camparison to a WRX goes its non existant. The WRX will cream it from any speed, and in any other performance category. Just for fun, I let one of the managers drive my car because he mocked the WRX from day one. He always thought the 5-spd version of the IS300 was definately faster then my car. Lets just say he was very IMPREZED with my car but would not admit it. Told me it was nearly dead down low, but it does get up. I told him he just doesnt know how to drive it. Oh well, lets move on to a tougher challenge guys. However in two years it will be an IS330 with AWD in the works. Uh oh....
    Is300 has an exceptional handling. if you boost it, you get a nearly perfect car. It's not smart to underestimate any car.

I am not trying to say that the is300 is not a great car. I took my friend's on a short spin and it's got a smooth ride with fantastic handling. Much better stock tires and suspension than the wrx.
    However it is quite annoying when people say that it would totally smoke a wrx up top simply because of the awd loss. I'd hate to find out how fast they consider their own car. At the very, very least the wrx is comparable in topend speed. I think that is fair enough to say considering it was an e-shift not a 5speed. In my case, at least up to 130mph, I was a good deal faster.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Originally posted by jarelee
    nice runs!

I've been wanting to run my brothers friend (IS300, e-shift thing, chip, and cat-back) just to see how i'd do against him. Maybe i will now after hearing this story
    Hey...I have a friend in So. Cal. with a black (I think) is300 w/ chip and catback. I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering if its the same person. Hmmmm....does the name Than ring any bells...
    Thanks to ACI Sports for their support.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.