Is this stang really that fast??

This is a discussion on Is this stang really that fast?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This guy around town where i live has this '95ish mustang gt. Tries to make it out to be the ...

Is this stang really that fast??

This guy around town where i live has this '95ish mustang gt. Tries to make it out to be the fastest thing on earth, and hes really cocky about it. Any time anyone asks him to race he says he'll only go to the track unless its for money, but then he never agrees to go to the track either. as far as i know for sure it has and intake, exhaust, probably headers all the way back, springs and nice tires. friends tell me hes said he has a chip, and possibly gears. and someone said he had a supercharger, although ive been around the car a number of times when it was running and seen it driving and ive never heard any whine. It also doesnt idle funny or anything either, like alot of actually built V-8's with cams n stuff. oh and im almost 100% theres no NOS. to me just sounds like a stang with an exhaust.

so what im wondering is does this thing really sound like the road monster he makes it out to be...he claims a 12.6 last trip to the track, is this possible withought serious engine work or forced induction on one of these cars? i thought they were like 215hp mid 15sec stock? a kid i knew with i think a 96 GT with headers, a chip, light flywheel and maybe some other boltons supposedly ran high 14ish stock, but from what i was told got beat by my friends 02 Type-S with i/e. also when one of my friends confronted him to race me he got really defensive and upped the ante to "racing for pinks", and told me to shut up if i wasnt willing to go for cars...i just said whatever...i aint racing for my car against anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    It COULD be fast, but 99% chance, its high 13 at best! My friend has a 95 5.0 with Edelbrock heads, crane cam, cobra intake, headers, ALL Boltons, and only ran 12.9. Thats a stout combo, and about as much as you can do NA without a stroker kit or something truly wild that you'd be able to hear. This guy sounds like all talk. Just ignore him.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    This guy sounds like all talk. Just ignore him.

Or hand him his a$$ at the track
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Or hand him his a$$ at the track
    If he'll actually go...guys like that deep down know they cant back up their talk...
    2003 SRT-4

Hehe... "racing for pinks."

Dom: "You owe me a 10-second car."

lol, 2fast 2furious, yo!

Just ignore stupid/arrogant people like that. If they build their cars up, it should just be for the pure satisfaction of outdoing themselves time after time to make it the best they can be... not to race for pink slips. Tell him to go to Hollywood w/ that crap.

Oh, and for your all-talk-and-no-go guy w/ the claims of 12's... just ask him to show you his slips and you'd know if he's lying or not (probably is...)
    ***2004 WRB WRX/Stocker than stocks***

I love tools like this. Anyone can talk. And the ones that can't back it up, seem to be the best talkers. Now, if their cars could run with their mouths. . .
    Pinks? Sounds like a junior high school student that thinks that is what the world is all about because the Fast And Furious said so. Just put a nice little amount of $$ on best of three at the track and go.
    It works for me! But most people will not even run me when we show at the track. Just run home with their tail between their legs.

If "word" about him is what you said, you could let rumor fly that he's afraid to go to the track and bluffs big to avoid having to race at all. If you really wanna get him to run, mention using a slow, loud car to compensate for other inadequacies.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

i was kindof thinking he might be all talk. the thing about the pink slips was what really made me wonder...it kindof seemed like he was finally put on the spot with a car he wasnt sure he could beat and he paniced....well i guess he must of thought he looked macho lol. I just wish i could catch him at a stoplight some night...i think hed go spur of the moment like that, his egos seems to big to pass up a challange at that point. and after what StoplightWarrior said i think im pretty sure hes all talk. I really dont think theres even a cam in there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Vortech has a new SQ blower system out that is almost unnoticalble. I've heard first gen Lighting with one and you couldnt hear it till it would have been to late. Heard it on several newer GT's and like wise you'd be wasted before then. His car sounds like a average GT through that some punk kid as been racing LS intergras with and now he has a "Machine". I'm a mustang fan and just like WRX folks you have your good and bad. If nothing else just race him around a turn or two and show him where it's at. If it's a 95 car it's a 302 based car and should be mid to low 14's with good drive and bolt ons. Maybe break 13.9's but the heads suck, the computer suck in 95, the intake sucks, the cam sucks...it's just like every other fox body but it's heavier. In 96 the 2V motor was a joke and until you get forced induction it's still a joke. I'd put money on you until I see some power adders. Very very few people are rolling on 347 stroker kits with alum. heads and mild cam and act that immature. Just ask him what gears he's running...if he boggles that question you know he's BSing...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

^^^ What he said.

Chances are if he's acting that immature he has nothing and has had his ego boosted by running Integras/Civics/etc.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Vortech has a new SQ blower system out that is almost unnoticalble. I've heard first gen Lighting with one and you couldnt hear it till it would have been to late. Heard it on several newer GT's and like wise you'd be wasted before then. His car sounds like a average GT through that some punk kid as been racing LS intergras with and now he has a "Machine". I'm a mustang fan and just like WRX folks you have your good and bad. If nothing else just race him around a turn or two and show him where it's at. If it's a 95 car it's a 302 based car and should be mid to low 14's with good drive and bolt ons. Maybe break 13.9's but the heads suck, the computer suck in 95, the intake sucks, the cam sucks...it's just like every other fox body but it's heavier. In 96 the 2V motor was a joke and until you get forced induction it's still a joke. I'd put money on you until I see some power adders. Very very few people are rolling on 347 stroker kits with alum. heads and mild cam and act that immature. Just ask him what gears he's running...if he boggles that question you know he's BSing...
    Um....I have a new SQ trim blower on my GT, and trust me, you can hear it.
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not trying to flame or anything but the ones i've heard, when shifted low, I couldnt really hear. I mean you could get a hint of it but over the flows I dont think most people would really hear it or even know what it is. Agian not trying to flame
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

with slicks he can run better times because of torque. but he sounds like he's just talkin smack. if he just has exhuast smoke em. as for the SQ trim, its hard to pick up unless you're listening for it, friend has one, its cool
    1993 5.0 mustang coupe
    Holley Systemax II intake, TFS TW Alum. heads, novi 1000 supercharger, TF 1.6 Roller rockers, TF stage one cam, mac 70 mm T/B, 80mm Pro-m meter, FMS 24lb in. morpheus power pipe, Accel coil, rear air bag, Tremec 3550, FMS 373 gears, eaton 31 dif, moser 31 axles, FPR, white face gauges, pro 5.0 shifter, 3 chamber flowmasters, Offroad h-pipe, Mac headers, Centerfource cluch, steeda clutch quadrant and cable, saleen wing, walbro 255 fuel pump, Eibach lowering springs 1 7/8", M.U. Sub-frames. maximum motorsport LCAs, wild rides battle boxes, reinforcment plates.
    Track Times:
    Lebonon Valley:
    before heads/cam 13.76 @ 101.74 60ft - 2.24 after but before gears - 13.26 @106.66 with 2.166 60'
    12.840 @108.74 1.993 60ft
    11.998@114.015 1.730 60ft with novi non tuned and breaking up