Stock 01 cobra vs sti a little unfair
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 01 cobra vs sti a little unfair within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last weekend, out in town on my way home, followed a few people to a local place to watch some ...

Stock 01 cobra vs sti a little unfair

last weekend, out in town on my way home, followed a few people to a local place to watch some runs. Theres an 01' cobra, I believe it was stock. I ask a group of fellas whose it was, after finding the guy, and asking him if he wanted to run, he asks me if i got a 4 cylinder? I say yes and he and his 7-8 friends say he is up for it. A little snickering going on...oh well, I just go get my car, back it up, we get flagged to go, I pull about 3-4 cars off the line, by then end I pull another 3-4 cars, distance was probably in the 1/8th range? Anyways, his friends are all over him talking about he must have put it in reverse.....hahaha. I try to be a good sport and tell them it wasnt that bad.....
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    I can understand putting 1-2 carlengths on him during the launch, but in the topend those things are beasts. He should've at least caught back up with you.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by WRX
    I can understand putting 1-2 carlengths on him during the launch, but in the topend those things are beasts. He should've at least caught back up with you.
    I dont know...I've seen em trap 104 only. Without mods, they're not that great.
    2003 SRT-4

I tried to get a guy in a nicely modded pre-03 cobra to go this morning on the highway, but he was in his 30s and shook his head no.

I wouldn't underestimate the STi, but 3-4 additional lengthes does seem a like a lot at the 1/8 mile mark. Either way though, nice kill.

by the time we finished I was around 6-8 cars ahead. The first 3-4 cars were from the launch. I am sure some of it was due to the driver. Last time at the 1/4, i ran a 12.90 with a 1.80 60'.
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

Off topic but what did you have done to your s2000? Oh and what hp were you seeing w/it/ and wht did it do at the track. My friend has an ultimate racing turbo kit on his so im curious because were looking to race soon...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I'm no Cobra expert, but wasn't '01 rated at 320 hp? If so, it should be a decent match, given equal drivers.

Nice kill.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

in the 1/8 the sti should pull a lot. The cobra might make up some ground in the 2nd half.

Originally posted by renichms
    I'm no Cobra expert, but wasn't '01 rated at 320 hp? If so, it should be a decent match, given equal drivers.

Nice kill.

RN
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by renichms

Nice kill.

RN
    yep, 320hp. Without gears, it takes a second to get into their powerband. Get one with some 4.30s, full exhaust, and minor bolt ons, and you've got a true low 12sec car, NA. Stock, though, they're not unbeatable by any means.
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    I dont know...I've seen em trap 104 only. Without mods, they're not that great.
    True. In stock form it is simply dormant.

EDIT: sorry i was thinking of the '03.
    I created my avatar.

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Off topic but what did you have done to your s2000? Oh and what hp were you seeing w/it/ and wht did it do at the track. My friend has an ultimate racing turbo kit on his so im curious because were looking to race soon...
    stock injectors and internals, no tuning. T04b turbo, spearco intercooler, 3 piping. log style t-manifold. nice set up, puts down about 298 on pump gas, close to 330 at the wheels on the "good gas". Mine never saw the track however, a buddies did in the past and ran 12.7, not sure of the mph but I'm sure it was a good trap speed for the mediocre time. Just remember 330 at the wheels in a car that weighs 2800 lbs, and geared pretty nicely....
    Almost forgot, if he has the T04e, then its a ball bearing, not sure what Ultimate Racing uses. My setup was by Stage 6 Motorsports, the owner is the maker of the SpeedCraft kit that is pretty well known in the S2K community.....
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

Not too bad...I am going to need some good hp to mess w/him. I think the kit he has from them throws down aprox. 295whp.....Not bad for 2800lbs you are correct. Why did you sell it?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I believe the STI has more potential, much more daily driver reliable potential. My next step was to build the motor, way too much $$$. The STI is much quicker off the line and will soon be quicker on the highway as well. Plus with 4 doors and excellent handling. Don't get me wrong, the S2K is a very well built car, just not the right car for what I want.
    01' GSXR1K Sold
    02' S2K Turbo Sold 5-24
    04 SLO STI Sold 01/04
    03' Cobra
    Pictures

I beat a 2002 Cobra in the 1/4 with my 02 WRX w/ just a MBC, so the story seems completely plausible to me...

VV

the 03's we had in the showroom were 4.6 SC'd and IC'd putting 390bhp, dont know what they dyno at but those things are damn hard to drive and the clutch takes about 100lbs of leg pressure to engage...but they are scary fast when you step on it in 1st gear
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.