Stock 01 cobra vs sti a little unfair - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 01 cobra vs sti a little unfair within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; maybe he is doing crack....

maybe he is doing crack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic00002.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

These cars love mods and gears. You can wake them up with out the use of any forced induction. I have friends that are smoking 03's from the dig in a N/A Pre 1999 Cobra's. Now from a roll the story changes.
    I've seen plenty of 96-98 cobras with those bolt ons running low-mid 12s @112-113. They respond very well to the right mods
    idk where you guys are seeing this but i know what i saw, my friend brians 98 cobra only got a best of 13.9 @101 with aflowmaster cat back, o/r H-pipe, 373 gears, CAI, pullies and a shifter. maybe because its at a higher alt.(around 870ft) and dads friend jerry got a 97 with long tube hooker headers, 410 out back, pullies, high flow H pipe, Pro M 87 mm mass air, tri-ax shifter and nittos 275s out back, he only got a best of 13.2 @105 with a 2.0 60ft. 94-95 cobras i just feel bad for if they stay stock.....

why is the mustang the source of everyones debate? any import board you spend any amount of time its always about friggin mustangs. at honda tech all they ever talk about is what kind of turbo kit i need to beat this guys 5.0 and over at clubsi the big thing seems to be if a vortech blower is enough to take out the stang's

yes the mustangs have always been a relatively cheap method of brute power and straight line speed but why does it always come down to the stang? i mean what is it with these cars. anytime i see a stang on the road the last thing im thinking about is wanting to to race the kid. hell i have more fun with honda's and SRT-4's

but anyway yeah the cobras are damn fast and could easily beat (driver for driver) 90% of anyting on the road with an EJxx under the hood in a straight line...why not make it a little more interesting and see who does better on a tight road course, or a twisty gravel road or in 2in of snow

comparing drag performance of a stang to a scooby is apples to freakin pomagranites

but it does make for some interesting convo so carry on
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

why is the mustang the source of everyones debate? any import board you spend any amount of time its always about friggin mustangs.
    it used to be camaros and trans ams before the 03 cobra imo
    why not make it a little more interesting and see who does better on a tight road course, or a twisty gravel road or in 2in of snow
    definitely would beat me (my 5.0)in this one
    but it does make for some interesting convo so carry on
    yes indeed i agree lol

PS:

hell i have more fun with honda's and SRT-4's
    this is like the mustang camaro shoot out, you always get a great race!

i had a little play with a yellow SRT the other day, just kinda goin back and forth a little on 114 nothing too crazy but i was pretty impressed with how quick those things pull, but even more so how i was able to pretty comfortably pull away from her, yes it was a chick driving it lol the scoop, front air damn and FMIC makes for a really nice looking front end...with the right driver and traction mods these things are gonna turn out to be some serious hardware
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

my cusin is wanting to race one but is worried about loosing to it. i told him go ahead, what do you have to loose if you loose? you'll just do more to your car

Green93

I understand what you a saying. I have seen friends of mine run some crappy #'s with their Cobras. I Ran a 13.75 Stockwith 1000 miles on the car, but I am at sea level. The 13.20ís were a one-time shot. We had to replace the clutch soon after that. I had a friend run 13.10 on a bone stock 98 and he had to replace the clutch soon after. My car was a freak anyways. It dynode 274 RWHP stock. I thought that the dyno was wrong, so I took it to another local mustang tuner and again it dynode 272 on the second dyno. My friends 98 Dynode 278 RWHP, that seemed to be 5 to 8 HP more than the norm. My car reacted really well to modifications and had low miles when it dipped into the 12ís. These cars are very tricky to race. Some people can get some nasty 1.80 60ft time and some well get 2.2. Research your friendís 60 ft times. I believe thatís the problem.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-26-2003 at 07:01 AM.

yea 2.0s arent the best, thats what he gets, thats what it seems like everyone gets up there on DRs (including me) i still wonder how i would have ran my car down at E-town, i think thats where ill get my 10 sec slip from but not for lebonon valley.

Originally posted by Drod
    Silly kids. Seems like everyone likes to pick on the Cobras. Well a 03 can hold it's own on the street. I've seen some of my friends launch the beast from 3,000 rpms on stock tires and run 1.80 60ft times. And if the terain sucks, the 03 has more than enogh power to stomp pleanty of car from a idel launch.
    haha, picking on Cobras...go to an SVT site, see who's picking on what. Most guys call WRX's/STI's ricey and will not recognize the abilities of the car. I find that statement ironic as hell, no offense to you because I know you show respect.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

They recognize the ability when they see the taillights of my WRX.

They recognize the ability when they see the taillights of my WRX.

Do you know what mods my WRX has? No you don't.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-26-2003 at 05:22 PM.

i really dont care

SloSTi....

SloSti,

Do you know a guy named Wrick? He is an E-6 in the navy, now lives in Pensacola, had a Red Turbo GSR, then a WRX, now a Red EVO VII?
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast