Chased by an insane Dayton local LONG!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Chased by an insane Dayton local LONG! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my telephone broke last week, so i was makin my way back from Valley thrift Store.... anyways last night was ...

Chased by an insane Dayton local LONG!

my telephone broke last week, so i was makin my way back from Valley thrift Store.... anyways last night was great turbo weather, and apparently im addicted to the wrx's turbo noises after ditching that silencer... Im headed west on patterson 35mph, this mid ninety's Lumina with fake xenons begins riding my ass on in this 30mph zone... well i put up with it for maybe 20 seconds, then i hit the washers... soaked his riced-up pile with maybe a quarter gallon of fluid. I then let the turbo hiss for a bit up to maybe 50, create space and ease up.

I guess this is where he got "mad", so im turning right on wilmington, or planning to to (with signal), and he tries to take my turnlane.. OK enough is enough....

I was downshift braking so, 2nd gear was still available for thrust... had a green light, slowed to 15, popped it in first... 5 grand turning launch.... hehe... bark second, go for thirdi barely see the blue headlights, as im maybe an 8th mile in front of him... i thought hed quit... but no

He never lets off, that whole time, and im sitting in a turnlane, and this lunatic is haulin in a 35, and hes headed for my lane... was i going to get rearended?... i engage 1rst, look for a break in traffic ... uh oh, no breaks, should i pull out in front of him, switch lanes??? Luckily i didnt have to, and i made the left turn, onto Irving (just scored for paving),

Phsyco makes the same turn 20 sec after me, and im in traffic with no where to go... crap, whats next, am i gonna get shot????? Well traffic moves just as i see the crazy bastard
    sweeping around the previous bend... in the other lane...
    It must have been a postal worker

I take a really sharp turn left with him right on my rear end... bring revs to 5.5k, (no traffic now!!!) WOT for maybe 200meters, minivan turning right... I gotta go left, so I put it back in first, another beautiful launch, and more blue RE92 smoke., i had to pass a car uphill!!! scary!!!, i was courteous though, i put highbeams and flashers on...
    90 in a 25... -A-hole attempts pass the saab... 2 (blocks back) dunno if he did... im midway through 3rd, way over the hill, hes out of sight... I slow to 10mph, take a series of turns, and its over... Ive never been chased before. and never had experience that kind of adrenaline... wow
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Yea, that can certainly be scary. I try not to mess with idiots like that. Its one thing if they're in a fast car like a c5, viper, etc, cause then I know they want to play...but when its hoopties like that, you never know what they're up to, its better to just pull aside and let them pass.
    2003 SRT-4

WRX
    I don't try to 'show up' people with non-sporty cars anymore because of that reason. Hell, I never even get next to a worthy car to race in the first place. And even if I did, I still might not race them.

That sucks dude. The absolute worst is when you see them a few days later and they try to pull the same sh!t again!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

i really wasnt showin off, but if someone tailgates me... i usually try to let them know they are bein a moron... and my favorite method is the washer fluid.... I think this guy just went postal... and the conditions were bad for such driving tactics... traffic, wet leaves and curvy roads... i was considering dialling 911, but attention needed to be paid to the road. Luckily i was in an area i knew like the back of my hand... and the rex is a really quick car in a situation that demands traction and accleration, and most importantly braking...

I cant believe people are that crazy... Thank You Subaru for saving me from a potentially bad situation.... that poor chevy had no chance, except maybe shooting my tires out...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

and now i have more incentive to get some cobb software... to put more distance in times of need... a few more buslengths couldnt hurt....
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

I do the washer trick to tailgaters too! Hey, I'm just cleaning my windshield! Although you probably did that guy a favor by helping to clean his car... You never know what sets people off these days, though. I think I'll add a National Rifle Association and Marine "Semper Fi" decals to my back window in order to make psychos think twice about messing around, but that still probably wouldn't deter some morons.

Glad you got away safely, and hopefully you don't run across him again...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

whats up MidknightFLAT4, where in Dayton are you located? I live near the intersection of wilmington and whipp. Theres about 5-6 of us on this board that live within 20 mins of each other. We ought to get together some time.

BTW, I'm looking to get the Cobb stage 2 also.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

I had something similar happen but they actually had a car full of people and kept getting out to come at me. In fact, the being chased and all sounds almost exactly like my situation, excepting the only thing I did was flash my lights at them when they almost sideswiped me. Having the STi over the PT made the difference in getting away...had I been in my PT they would have caught me.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    ... and my favorite method is the washer fluid...
    What do you mean by this - the washer fluid shoots over the WRX and onto the tailgating car? I've only used it a couple of times and I believe it just hit the window as expected.

Bill M.
    2003 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    AccessPort - Stage 1 93 Oct.
    Fuzion ZRi tires
    Hardwired Valentine One / Lidatek LE-30
    XM Roady
    50% Tint

Originally posted by billmclaugh
    What do you mean by this - the washer fluid shoots over the WRX and onto the tailgating car? I've only used it a couple of times and I believe it just hit the window as expected.

Bill M.
    Go faster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails girdancing.jpg  

Thats some scary stuff!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Same thing happened to me a few years ago when I had my Civic Si. An a-hole in a Trans-Am decided to harass me down the highway on a foggy as hell night. He flew up on my tail, slammed on the brakes, backed off a few dozen feet and kept repeating it - with high beams and fog light on, of course. He passed me once to throw a half-empty bottle of Jack Daniel's at me (I still have a crystal clear picture of an arm being stuck out the window and flipping that JD bottle up in the air) and then slammed on his brakes to get behind me to keep it up.

Obviously I had no chace to get away from him but I knew the highway better than him - I shot for an off-ramp at the last second and with the fog if you didn't know it was there you couldn't have seen it. Unfortunately what you also couldn't really see because of the fog was an 18 wheeler that I darted behind. I could see the truck but I was pretty sure he couldn't given how he was only about 6" off my bumper. I mised the 18 wheeler, he didin't.

I stopped at the first police station to report that I saw a car rear-end a semi (I thought for sure the driver was dead) and went back with the police to the scene (at their request). All the occupants were out of the car and they were all drunk as hell but otherwise they were all fine. None would admit to driving the car so that was the end of it as far as I know.

Which leads me to the moral of the story: Although defensive driving is the standard, sometimes the best defense is a strong offense.

Another Daytonian here (not by choice), and I know exactly the area you are talking about. I apologize for that guy's stupidity, I've rarely seen any real racing around Dayton or road rage for that matter (I'm originally from NY)

There are a good number of us WRX guys in Dayton/Kettering/Centerville area, if/when you are around next, let's get a meet together. Maybe even just for some doughnuts in the snow!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

all dayton guys, check out this thread out:

Ohio Roll Call
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

being tailgated

has anyone ever heard of break checking instead of using the washers. this works really well if you as the driver of the car being tailgated has good reactions and timing. it also works good in a car that pulls hard from a low speed. my story using this way of getting rid of tailgater goes like this;

i was driving a friends highly modified 92 mustang lx 5.0. this car had about 475 whp from a 347 ci supercharged engine and nearly a full road race suspension ( big brakes, griggs suspension partsetc.) we where driving on a 3 lane local highway with many traffic lights. i was just driving along in traffic when i realize this idiot riding the mustangs rear bumper. so i do the usual thinks to greak away from him/her because it was to dark to see the other driver. i speed up, hit the washers, ride the brakes, slow to 25 under and the person is still on my ass. i tell my friend to hold on because i am going to try one last thing and he knew exactly what i meant. i speed up a bit to put a little distance between us so we dont get rearended. so i stand on the clutch and brake pedals at the same time as i put the car into 2nd.once i hit 30 mile per hour i dump the clutch and mash the gas to get the hell out of there. what i see from the rearview mirroris the cars headlights are practicly on the ground from them jumping on the brakes and them swerving between two lanes tring to gain controll of the car as it was skidding all over the road
    to say the least they never again tailgated me that night
    on a wrx high

mods: borla cat back,quantum racing intercooler spray kit and splitter,k&n filter,removed intake silencer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast