I want to know who has the fastest WRX?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I want to know who has the fastest WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would like to know who or what has the fastest daily driven WRX and what mods you have done ...

I want to know who has the fastest WRX?

I would like to know who or what has the fastest daily driven WRX and what mods you have done to get this far. Please I would like to see some time slips. All joking aside. And by the way how many WRX's are in 11's daily driven.
    Last edited by 1FastS4; 05-06-2002 at 10:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there are 10 second wrx's in australia

Dan aka God of Godspeed Motorsports, Crazy Al, and Nathan (nmyeti) are amongst the fastest WRXs in the US.

Dan is an avid poster here at clubwrx.net and although he hasn't run his beaslty silver WRX wagon down the strip yet, I'll guess that'll it'll run REAL low 11s.

nmyeti has run 12.3 in Alberquerque, NM (sp?) which is well above sea level.

Someday in the not-so-distant future, I plan to have the fastest "stock turbo" WRX in the country. My short term goal of <13.5s and 100+mph trap speeds will be attained in less than two months. After that, I will make a few more modifications while attempting to optimize the stock turbocharger's performance. From there, I will begin brake and suspension upgrades before venturing into the world of BIG turbochargers.

-Jim

Someday in the not-so-distant future, I plan to have the fastest "stock turbo" WRX in the country

You have some compitition!
    but actually...I have a time in mind...not the fastest ... once I get at it or really close...then I slap on my 2835! but the time I have in mind right now is the fastest
    Someone: Dude are you gonna get a body kit?
    Me: Well the day it adds any kind of performace....sure
    Someone looks confused

Wrex4Life has a low (I mean very low) 10 sec one in Australia. The folks who tuned his (Rigoli Racing) has one that's a hair faster.

The two Platinum mentioned would be the fastest that I know of in the States.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

There is a guy in Vegas that claims 11 second passes daliy driven. I just don't think so. Fast yes but not 11's I have alot of mods done to my S4 and my car and I have beat every WRX's so far. I am not saying that your WRX's are slow they keep up and for the price what a deal!! I mean for have the price you can have a car stock to stock that is damn near the same as far performance goes. Thanks for your honest input. I should have my website up soon with cool video's you can check me out too. www.1FastS4.com

Phil @TurboXS is up on that list for sure. He's running in the low 12s, and is only a few HP shy of Dan's car. However, my guess would be that Phil is pretty much near the limit of his mods, whereas Dan is likely in a more conservative state of tune with a lot of unrealized HP. My basis for this statement is that a PE1818 and a huge front mount IC should be good for significantly more than a VF30 w/ a TMIC, one would think.

-Pace

what do you have for mods on your S4? i love that car. the speed shop i frequent out here had a nice S4 in the bay yesterday. he was getting some nice red calipers, 18" wheels (don't know the brand, and some killer michelin low pro Z rated rubber.

looked great when done.

dR

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

Dan is an avid poster here at clubwrx.net and although he hasn't run his beaslty silver WRX wagon down the strip yet, I'll guess that'll it'll run REAL low 11s.
    I'm gonna disagree and say that in his 311WHP state of tune it's going to be high 11s or 12s flat, assuming no clutch problems etc. I'll be he can make it a low 11s car with just a little more work though.

It is encouraging that the times just keep on falling. It seems to indicate the USDM tuners are really getting a handle on these cars.

We should have a thread dedicated to 'How fast will God run the quarter'. Hmmm.. is it illegal to place bets on a public forum such as this?

-Pace

Originally posted by pace

I'm gonna disagree and say that in his 311WHP state of tune it's going to be high 11s or 12s flat, assuming no clutch problems etc. I'll be he can make it a low 11s car with just a little more work though.

It is encouraging that the times just keep on falling. It seems to indicate the USDM tuners are really getting a handle on these cars.

We should have a thread dedicated to 'How fast will God run the quarter'. Hmmm.. is it illegal to place bets on a public forum such as this?

-Pace
    When we were finished tuning him this week, Phil made the same power at the wheels as Dan. Phil then went out and ran a 12.45@110

I can't wait to get my car down to sea level.

Nathan
    www.Turboxs.com
    -Nathan
    12.3@110.4
    When in doubt, add more boost!

I think we should BAN Nathan's car from sea level.

All in favor say I!

The current record, POSTED in US ... Is ACTUALLY RUNNING THE STOCK TURBO!!

BYBYV8 -

60' 1.786
    330 5.107
    1/8 7.873
    MPH 89.13
    1000 10.283
    1/4 12.328
    MPH 110.51

This is all on the STOCK turbo with these mods::::

STOCK TURBO at 15 PSI
    Injen intake
    TurboXS turbo-back exhaust
    Hallman MBC
    NOS brand 50 shot single fogger wet kit
    M2 up-pipe
    Samco IC hoses
    Supra TT fuel pump
    Autometer EGT, Boost, and AF meter
    Stock injectors, stock ECU

Note the Nitrous, but still... That is extremely fast for only running a "safe" 50 shot, and hes actually on the stock turbo and did this... Really incredible

Rob

Originally posted by nmyeti

When we were finished tuning him this week, Phil made the same power at the wheels as Dan. Phil then went out and ran a 12.45@110

I can't wait to get my car down to sea level.

Nathan
    www.Turboxs.com
    It's simply amazing what you guys have done with Phil's car, and it's encouraging to me personally to know that he's essentially running the same mods as me. I would love to see what you could liberate from my motor with some time spent on the dyno.

I thought I read that Phil is running race gas for these numbers. How much of a difference do you think this is making - given that his Unichip is being specifically tuned for this? I'm wondering what Dan's car could achieve given the same conditions, since I believe he is currently only running 91 octane.

-Pace

Originally posted by pace

It's simply amazing what you guys have done with Phil's car, and it's encouraging to me personally to know that he's essentially running the same mods as me. I would love to see what you could liberate from my motor with some time spent on the dyno.

I thought I read that Phil is running race gas for these numbers. How much of a difference do you think this is making - given that his Unichip is being specifically tuned for this? I'm wondering what Dan's car could achieve given the same conditions, since I believe he is currently only running 91 octane.

-Pace
    With proper tuning and the right increase in boost, you can pick up 20-25 hp or so with the good gas.

Most of all it lets you run reasonable advanced timing without risk of detonation. This leads to lower EGTs and a happy motor

My car will be loaded up on the 23rd and will be heading for turboxs. I plan to spend several days on the dyno getting my maps just right with the big TS hybrid before i run at the track. I might even throw on a 50 shot just for good measure and tune the whole thing on the dyno.

I have a serious advantage over most of you guys in that i know i have a new motor and transmission on the way, so i have no problem cranking the boost and seeing what happens I'll either blow the block apart, trash the transmission, or smash the record. With any luck it will be the later...

-Nathan
    www.turboxs.com
    -Nathan
    12.3@110.4
    When in doubt, add more boost!

Note the Nitrous, but still... That is extremely fast for only running a "safe" 50 shot, and hes actually on the stock turbo and did this... Really incredible
    Would have my respect if he ran 12.8 on stock turbo minus N20...
    Someone: Dude are you gonna get a body kit?
    Me: Well the day it adds any kind of performace....sure
    Someone looks confused

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.