I want to know who has the fastest WRX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I want to know who has the fastest WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by RobPA The current record, POSTED in US ... Is ACTUALLY RUNNING THE STOCK TURBO!! BYBYV8 - 60' ...

Originally posted by RobPA
    The current record, POSTED in US ... Is ACTUALLY RUNNING THE STOCK TURBO!!

BYBYV8 -

60' 1.786
    330 5.107
    1/8 7.873
    MPH 89.13
    1000 10.283
    1/4 12.328
    MPH 110.51

This is all on the STOCK turbo with these mods::::

STOCK TURBO at 15 PSI
    Injen intake
    TurboXS turbo-back exhaust
    Hallman MBC
    NOS brand 50 shot single fogger wet kit
    M2 up-pipe
    Samco IC hoses
    Supra TT fuel pump
    Autometer EGT, Boost, and AF meter
    Stock injectors, stock ECU

Note the Nitrous, but still... That is extremely fast for only running a "safe" 50 shot, and hes actually on the stock turbo and did this... Really incredible

Rob
    He's got my respect!

In a way, he's the "smart" guy. Keep the stock turbo for day to day driving (low spool up time) and add a little kick when at the track. In my mind it's really no different if you had 40 to 50 hp with n2o or with a bigger turbo. Either way your still adding power.

However, I would have love to have saw it done with the stock fuel pump

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was your s4 in gumball? s4 is sooo dope

Originally posted by 1FastS4
    There is a guy in Vegas that claims 11 second passes daliy driven. I just don't think so. Fast yes but not 11's I have alot of mods done to my S4 and my car and I have beat every WRX's so far. I am not saying that your WRX's are slow they keep up and for the price what a deal!! I mean for have the price you can have a car stock to stock that is damn near the same as far performance goes. Thanks for your honest input. I should have my website up soon with cool video's you can check me out too. www.1FastS4.com

Originally posted by Carlo

He's got my respect!

In a way, he's the "smart" guy. Keep the stock turbo for day to day driving (low spool up time) and add a little kick when at the track. In my mind it's really no different if you had 40 to 50 hp with n2o or with a bigger turbo. Either way your still adding power.

However, I would have love to have saw it done with the stock fuel pump
    I'm guessing that 50-shot is effectively good for more than 50 horses due to the cooling effect etc. of N20. I don't think a WRX + 50 HP = low 12s, otherwise TurboXS stage-2 users would be putting up those kinds of numbers. As it is, it's taking about 150HP increase in crank output to get there using 'conventional' mods.

Anyway, I'm certainly not a nitrous basher - kudos to him for trying it, and succeeding! It looks like a pretty attractive option right now.

-Pace

While not the same mods, he does have just as many as stage 2 users, PLUS the N20. I don't know whether the intake/IC hoses/fuel pump make up for the lack of a unichip, but I'd bet with such little mods it's close. So...take stage2 and add 50 hp. I would still think you are right in that he is effectively getting more than his 50hp worth from the n20. Maybe 50hp from the N20 and 15-20 from the added timing the ECU is running with all the fuel and cold air. Speculation on my part, of course

VV

Originally posted by pace

I'm guessing that 50-shot is effectively good for more than 50 horses due to the cooling effect etc. of N20. I don't think a WRX + 50 HP = low 12s, otherwise TurboXS stage-2 users would be putting up those kinds of numbers. As it is, it's taking about 150HP increase in crank output to get there using 'conventional' mods.

Anyway, I'm certainly not a nitrous basher - kudos to him for trying it, and succeeding! It looks like a pretty attractive option right now.

-Pace

Well, I would also think it gives him a pseudo-manual control over his HP curve. He can squirt before the turbo has spooled, to get things moving off the line. This seems like it would make a huge difference especially in the case of running a large turbo (1818+) which is not well matched to our wide-ratio 5-speed 'box. In this case it seems like nitrous could be well employed in just about every gear to pull you 'onto' the turbo.

I'm not well versed on the use of N20, so again this is speculation. Can somebody in-the-know comment on what, in their opinion would be the most effective way to apply it over the quarter, specifically in a WRX.

-Pace

Originally posted by pace
    I'm not well versed on the use of N20, so again this is speculation. Can somebody in-the-know comment on what, in their opinion would be the most effective way to apply it over the quarter, specifically in a WRX.

-Pace
    It's pretty simple on a WRX. Since the transmission and clutch would not likely enjoy launching on the n2o, your better off shifting into second, and then hitting the n2o. Run it for the rest of the pass.

-Nathan
    -Nathan
    12.3@110.4
    When in doubt, add more boost!

Originally posted by nmyeti

It's pretty simple on a WRX. Since the transmission and clutch would not likely enjoy launching on the n2o, your better off shifting into second, and then hitting the n2o. Run it for the rest of the pass.

-Nathan
    I'd imagine the stock 1st gear wouldn't appreciate teh extra power either, as I'm on trannny #2 with little modification to my car.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

help

S4 is a silvia or what..lol i feel like a newbie.. fill me in
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: help

Originally posted by jester
    S4 is a silvia or what..lol i feel like a newbie.. fill me in
    S4 = one badass Audi...it's the suped up version of the A4...twin turbo V8 goodness
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

RSXracer200
    actualy the s4 is a twin turbo v6

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200
    actualy the s4 is a twin turbo v6
    D'oh, you're right...I had RS6 on the brain
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

RSXracer200
    yah the rs6 is ganna be 1 sick mofo on the rode

S4 is a silvia or what..lol i feel like a newbie.. fill me in.
    You were thinking of the famous S14 that is one of the preferred RWD cars for drifting in Japan. Its called the Silvia and is powered by one bad mutha of an engine, the SR20DET
    Last edited by Kane; 06-11-2002 at 05:38 PM.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Kane
    You were thinking of the famous S14 that is one of the preferred RWD cars for drifting in Japan.
    S14 Silvia isn't a twin-turbo V8 It is a damn nice car though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12