Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Forget your loud mufflers and/or BOVs, if you want somebody to pick a street fight with you, paint a four ...

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT V6

Forget your loud mufflers and/or BOVs, if you want somebody to pick a street fight with you, paint a four digit number on you passenger's side rear window and upper right hand corner of your windshield.

I was on my way to work this morning on Rt. 130 South when I arrive at a red light in the left lane. There's a red 2002 (presumably) Mitsu Eclipse GT. I look over at the guy, but he doesn't look back. I think nothing of it, since I know the V6 powered GT is not the venerable foe the turbo Eclipses are.

The light turns green, I launch normally and the guy punched it. I was basically on his quarter panel as I shifted into 2nd at 5,000rpm and I hammer the gas. I passed him by the end of second gear, but I put it in third and took it up to about 80mph, just for good measure. He was atleast two cars lengths behind by 80.

As we are swiftly approaching the next light, I notice a cop coming the other way on 130 with his lights on. He ends up making a U-turn at the jug handle we are stopped at.

This didn't deter the GT from asking for a second beat down. This time, I launched at 4,000rpm and got a little bog off the line, which kept us about even. I stayed in first until redline and gained some ground, but once I shifted into second, the GT might as well have given up because I jumped out to a commanding lead. I shut down at 60mph for obvious reasons. I ended up leaving the next two red lights immediately next to the afforementioned officer, maxing out at a whopping 52mph in a 50mph zone.

Not a bad way to start a Monday!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good Kill.

you bully!!!

-S
    Last edited by ezekiel044; 05-07-2002 at 01:25 PM.
    '02 Silver WRX

Originally posted by ezekiel044
    you bully!!!

-S
    LOL
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

hehe..spank that mistu down!

my buddy has a 01 Eclipse GT...he thinks he can take me. It's FWD and has decent umph. But i'll take my WRX anyday.

hehe.

of course we can't race now..he had his license taken away for speeding (112 in 55 zone). hehehe (no, i wasn't with him as he lives in RTP, NC and i'm in SC)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new gen Eclipse is just a pretty grocery-getter. It's S-L-O-W. I applaud you for doing your duty as a WRX pilot and showing the guy where it's at. Good kill!

-Pace

I think it looks really good, but pace is right, it seems that the new Eclipse has no power in it.

But you gotta love those commercials

Actually the V6 5speed is pretty quick, AUTO V6's are slow, theirs guys in the eclipse forum who are doing 14.6-14.8 1/4 mile times with just an intake.

And you better watch out, Xtech engineering is already is selling a turbo setup for it, MPH eng. is making a twin turbo for it which should be out in a few months and RIPPMODS eng. got a supercharger system that is already done but is still being tested should be on sale within a couple of months. Plus theirs mods already here headers, downpipes, intake , exhaust etc.

The eclipse is more of a sport cruiser while the DSM's were racers.
    The V6's arent the easiest to mod but the mods are finally coming it took awhile but better late the never.

The eclipse will probably never be the fastest car out their but the looks of it will make up for that.
    Last edited by talonturbo; 05-23-2002 at 06:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.