Rex Vs Eclipse spyder gst
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rex Vs Eclipse spyder gst within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You tell me whats up with this. My best friend signals he wanted to go on this on ramp so ...

Rex Vs Eclipse spyder gst

You tell me whats up with this.
    My best friend signals he wanted to go on this on ramp so I was game. When the light turned green we made this tricky off camber left turn and gunned it. I almost understeered off the road but was able to gather it again. Needless to say I couldn't catch him. He couldn't pull on me but I couldn't catch him either.
    At about 70 plus I did start to reel him in though.
    He also later tried a ricer fly by on me but i caught him and pulled away before he got with in 5 car lengths close to me. My wife saw him grinning as if to say damn that's fast. Then at the off ramp I signaled to run this time, but a stupid chevy pickup was in front of me, so when wthe light turned green we had to wiat for it to vere right befor we could hit it up and across an overpass.
    He did good but I still pulled on him a couple car lengths. Ok the question is, should I have caught him on the on ramp before even though I had my wife and kid plus a deatailing kit, tennis gear, and a butt load of baby gear including a stroller? I think I was luck to even keep up!
    Let me know what you think. By the way all I have isa K&N filter. What amount of extra if any HP does this panel filter give a stock WRX? Oh and I also have 23.5lbs mille miglia 17in wheels with 225 cross section by 45 profile tires. What do you all think bad race, or a great run!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh by the way, when we started on the onramp it was one lane so I was behind him the whole time. That means when he got out of the first initial turn I was stil in it trying to get out. Ok tell me what ya got hommies!

I am stunned that you would put your family in that situation. Racing on public roads? With your family in tow? I've been witness to some jackass behavior in my time, my cousin crashing MY car with only 45 miles on it takes the cake, but this is close. You said yourself that you understeered almost off the road.
    Shame on you! I shudder to think about what COULD have happend as a direct result of this behavior. I know it's your car and it's a free country but my honest opinion of this is, and you asked for it, "Save it for the track".
    Think of your family. It's one thing to risk your neck, but your family's collective necks??? Come on now...
    Last edited by supermarkus; 05-05-2002 at 08:25 PM.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

OK DUDE!
    I over blew the understeer a bit it wasn't that bad man.. Calm down homes......
    I wouldn't do anything that would jeopardize my love ones. I was at at least 80 % control at all times. I drive 170 miles a day back and forth to Detroit and Toledo and have a perfect driving record, no accidents. Statistically I drive better than anyone on this site ever when considering miles/ incident ratio (28870 miles on odometer since August) so I'd worry about you before you should worry about me.
    It was a lot of fun and I'd do it again a million times just the same way I did.
    My wife loves it, and my kid laughs everytime I change gears, I guess there just gearheads like me. My wife autocrosses with me. Life is good and I thank God everyday for it. At 28 years old and with 12 years driving experience I know safe and unsafe. This was not unsafe. Trust me. Thanks for the concern but it's missdirected.

Man, my concern is only because I've seen exactly what understeer can do to these cars. Check out my web page and see for yourself. I have a totally different style I guess, on the weekends I do the "uncle" thing and hang out with my cousin's kids. Yes the same cousin that wrecked my car. But I can't bring myself to drive recklessly with them in the car with me. After seeing what can happen in the hands of a jackass, I'm determined to never, EVER jeopardize my car again.

I'm all for spirited driving and representing on the street, but not when kids are involved. I'm just paranoid I guess. AND DON'T THINK FOR A SECOND THAT I'M SAYING YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR KID. I'm not an a-hole like that. Racing with kids in the car is just something I wouldn't do.
    Last edited by supermarkus; 05-05-2002 at 09:03 PM.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

racing with your family in the car.. smart. You are taking a chance by trying, no matter how "careful" you are. What if that 20% chance of you lost control of the car happened?

Looks like your friend is a better driver. I say practice a bit and try again.

I agree with the above postings. family + public roads = tragedy

anyways, in answer to your question, you didn't really list the mods your friend had.

the drop filter doesn't really add that much hp. like i'd dare say 5hp more or less (i'm thinking less..)

given all the stuff you had tho, i think that means you may be only slightly faster than how fast the spyder which is around low 15's.

so for you to say that you just kinda kept up till about 3rd gear sounds about right.

---RaCinWRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.