great race with an S4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on great race with an S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving back into my neighbourhood when a silver s4 I had seen a few times was driving out. ...

great race with an S4

I was driving back into my neighbourhood when a silver s4 I had seen a few times was driving out. It was kind of at an intersection where he could have thought I was going the same way as him, so I followed him (didn't want him to think I was a jerk and following him to race...though I was). We go over an overpass that has a good banking turn to it and he dips into the throttle....I am on his heels....come down the overpass and onto the onramp for the Highway in second gear he guns it (I see the telltale puff of smoke from his exhaust), I fllor it and stay with him, awesome shift into third and I start reeling him in, real close to his bumper....shift into fourth...bang MISS SHIFT!!! into second arrrgggggg!!!! Caught back up to him on the highway (he had let up) and pulled in behind him...puff of smoke from the exhaust again and we were off. I was faster, but not by much at all. I only slowly gained on him. We were both floored (I was in 4th) for what I would guess was 8-12 seconds. He pulled over to the right lane, as did I as I wanted to exit. He took the same exit as me (he was in front) and on the off ramp I gave him a thumbs us, he was looking int he rearview mirror and gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up. Great run, nice guy.

Man I love my Rex

Mods SPO stage SPO 0.5, boost at approx 14-15. Imagine if I was set at 16-17!?!?!?
    Don't flame. Be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

good job

I love when people are cool about racing, most people turn into jerks after a race, win or lose.

I tried to instigate a couple races over the weekend but no one wanted any part of it, both were modded integras. One turned out to be a girl, she had a "Girlie Girl" racing sticker on her white integra but she didn't want to run. (smart girl)
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Yeah cool losers and winners are always good. I am a cool loser.... sounds kinda funny writing that ....

I raced a 2001 Camaro SS from a roll in 2nd gear (for me)... he pulled pretty good, but only ended up maybe 2 very full car lengths ahead.... not the smartest race being from a roll and all.... oh well.

I lost pretty good. But at the next light I rolled my window down, asked what he had done.... told him it was fast and I was off with a peace sign.....

He was a bit short, but for the most part was pretty nice.... he said I had a sweet car... I said thanks....

BTW- he was cammed, had exhaust and intake, and his whole intake and exhaust manifold was ported and polished. It sounded pretty mean. From what I gather with those mods and on slicks he could run pretty deep into the 12s... from a light on street tires though, I could probably take him to say 80 or 90mph.... its was fun.

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

Imagine if the S4 was chipped . Just kidding. Cool run. I used to love racing my friend in his WRX before he moved away. It was a definite drivers race. He usually edged me out, but I learned and got better. He had his car for several months longer than I did. You are right, a nice clean race with nothing but respect both ways is the best. Just make sure it is in safe conditions. I saw silver S4 and thought for a second maybe it was me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.