What cars can a WRX "beat" ??? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on What cars can a WRX "beat" ??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jucied up subie Well I have a 02 WRX fairly moded and so far I have beat ...

Quote Originally Posted by jucied up subie View Post
    Well I have a 02 WRX fairly moded and so far I have beat

98 ford mustang gt from a dead stop.
    90's nissan 300 zx moded (dont know how much)
    90's acura integra moded (dont care how much)
    raced a newer BMW 04 -07 kept up with him but traffic put a end to it after two blocks. wish I could have kept going. im sure he would have beat me but, it sure was fun letting him know that some little 4 cylinder subaru was keeping up with his high priced ultimate driving machine.

04 ford focus somewhat moded he thought his car was the s***
    99 camaro with shiny exhaust tips
    There are several more just cant remember right now. I try to race anyone who will step up. dont care if I loose. I will keep you updated someone always wants to race here.

lmao thats the way everybody feels about hondas/acura i think
    Last edited by SkunkyZ; 11-15-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    when my bug eye was stage 2 i had a stock tl type s with some old guy in it pull on me up until 3rd gear, and then as soon as he hit fourth i started passing him, but his car was auto...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Are you sure...those V-6 Trans am's are no joke.
    He couldn't drive, or was scared do to the rain. Ran with him for about four miles on a single lane highway. He started out in front, i came up on him, he got pissy and floored it, caught up with some semis and I keep it floored and ran around him and the two semis, he never got back up to me and he had to be trying to keep up with me. I did a 110mph all the way home, no one drives that fast in a FR in pouring rain unless they are doing something?! Well me...
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonenberger View Post
    He couldn't drive, or was scared do to the rain. Ran with him for about four miles on a single lane highway. He started out in front, i came up on him, he got pissy and floored it, caught up with some semis and I keep it floored and ran around him and the two semis, he never got back up to me and he had to be trying to keep up with me. I did a 110mph all the way home, no one drives that fast in a FR in pouring rain unless they are doing something?! Well me...
    Sarcasim missed.

You probably ran into some kid with a complex in a V6 Fireturd.

You didnt pull on a LSanything in a truck. Unless of course the driver was semi sensibile about the conditions and didnt want to push it.

None the less...I applaud you for driving utterly stupid in piss poor conditions. Skills, you have them.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

the way i see it is buy a z06 for 80 grand or what ever it is and then let me put 80 grand in my engine then will see who is faster.
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

You'll still have competition, quite a few z06's out there run 11's.

dude serious you would be running 9 seconds or something like that i mean common buy a stock 80 thousand dollar car then let me put that 80 thousand dallors in my wrx and see who wins
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

Quote Originally Posted by jcfuzzdog29 View Post
    dude serious you would be running 9 seconds or something like that i mean common buy a stock 80 thousand dollar car then let me put that 80 thousand dallors in my wrx and see who wins
    I don't really know what it takes to run nine seconds, or 10 for that matter. But I do know that someone said it in a movie once and I'm pretty sure that means is a reely fast car. 80K dallors can bild a flyin car, ten u just need a lil mo for the trailer an truck 2 go wifh moving it around.

Banned
    Please kill this thread, it gave me a nosebleed.

80k? Heck, what stealerships are you looking at? I've seen used Z06's going in the high 40k's around Philly. ZR-1's are selling for MSRP, geez...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

are we really gonna argue about this all i was saying is 80k in my pocket i am not goona buy a zo6 i would put it in my car to make to faster thne one.
    Blobeye Syndicate #004

the way i see it is buy a z06 for 80 grand or what ever it is and then let me put 80 grand in my engine then will see who is faster.
    Excellent idea! I'm gonna put my next million into a WRX instead of buying a Veyron...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonenberger View Post
    I beat a '01 to '04 Trans Am with our 2007 Chevy Silverado work company truck yesterday! LOL, poor guy. He probably still feels like ****, wish I'd been in the Subie!

That was me in my 2004 TransAm (I upgraded from my 2000 after they stopped making them in 2002). You were by far the more skilled driver, and I simply could not keep up with your astounding lane changes in and around those semis. I indeed feel like **** since you'd probably beat me in the dry, on a dragstrip, a roadcourse, and skateboard park too. Maybe I'll put $80,000 into my car as suggested by another member of superior knowledge so that I can keep up with people driving their company work trucks that are bouncing off their factory speed limiter. Please also share how you manage to deal with the complimentary phone calls to your company boss from other drivers that are amazed at your awesome driving maneuvers around them in the rain at 110 mph? Are you up for a promotion as a result?

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

are we really gonna argue about this all i was saying is 80k in my pocket i am not goona buy a zo6 i would put it in my car to make to faster thne one.
    Why buy a Z06 when you can get the ZR1. Yes it cost more but you get more out of it.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast