What cars can a WRX "beat" ??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on What cars can a WRX "beat" ??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Since I have had the car i have ran against several different vehicles, here are some of them. Wins 1. ...

My Subie wins and losts...

Since I have had the car i have ran against several different vehicles, here are some of them.

Wins

1. 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

2. 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS

3. 1992 Acura Integra GS

4. 2003 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

5. 2000 Honda Del Sol

6. 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0

Loses

1. 2004 Acura TL

2. 1998 Mitz. 3000GT VR4

3. 2005 Ford Mustang Cobra

4. 1998 Evo IV
    Last edited by Scout01; 11-12-2008 at 07:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonenberger View Post
    Maybe it was a 2008, or it was just a Lemans. The guy turned off. I didn't get to talk to him. But it was last year... (2007). Its hard to see the back of a car when your out in front of it!

Looked it up and your wrong buddy, I found '05, '06', '07', '08 GTOs.
    Used Pontiac GTO Pictures & Auto Photos - Motor Trend Magazine
    OMG!

Even your supplied link says your wrong. Just to make it easy for you, they only made the (new style) GTO from 2004 to 2006. And Pontiac hasn't made a Lemans for a while.

I am now convinced you must have raced a G6 or a Cavalier.

In fact, based on your lack of knowledge on the cars you claim you beat, I now question the validity of your list.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Could be right.

You could be right, an G6 would've looked in the rear view very similar.

And yes the years are guessestimates, i only got to talk to six of the drivers, four of them are friends, the Eclipses, the Celica, and the Cobalt SS... the Mustangs are easy to guess.

Man you guys get sensitive.
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

Banned
    Why don't bad threads stay dead

I do know that a stage 2 wagon can beat a stage 2 STi if the wagon is driven by JR and I'm driving the STi

Forget it.

I don't care about my wins anyways. Its the driving and performance I enjoy. Forget I brought it up, and check out my threads, there's a good chance my '03 isn't entirely stock. It was bought used and possibly had some computer mods.

And hell, run those makes yourself, afraid your gonna lose? Not much faith in your ride or skill.
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-12-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

2008 vw r32
    2008 wrx
    2007? civic si
    2006? mazdaspeed3
    and a 2 tone neon complete with bean can!!!! (2000ishhhh)
    That last guy almost had me...
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't care about my wins anyways. Its the driving and performance I enjoy. Forget I brought it up, and check out my threads, there's a good chance my '03 isn't entirely stock. It was bought used and possibly had some computer mods.

And hell, run those makes yourself, afraid your gonna lose? Not much faith in your ride or skill.
    You're being questioned because it is highly unlikely that your stock car would fair well at the dragstrip against a 6.0 liter GTO, regardless of ecu mods.

This is beginning to head in the direction of a flame war. Let's keep things peaceful, people.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

You could be right, an G6 would've looked in the rear view very similar.

And yes the years are guessestimates, i only got to talk to six of the drivers, four of them are friends, the Eclipses, the Celica, and the Cobalt SS... the Mustangs are easy to guess.

Man you guys get sensitive.
    It's no biggie, as long as you enjoy your car and stay safe that's all that counts...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I really depends wether the GTO was a LS1 or an LS2. The LS1 GTO would run high 13's. the LS2 GTO would run low 13's. Thats from a stop. A stage 2 WRX would have problems with the LS1 and not even a chance with the LS2.

Either way a Stock WRX can beat anything if the other driver sucks. Even a 3 bangin geo metro can win a race if the other driver kills his car 2 times. hell before I bought my WRX I beat a WRX with my 90 ford probe V6 (aka honda killer) some chick was driving and started in a high gear from a roll (I think 3rd goin about 15-20). The road was goin from 2 lanes to one. Her Boost didnt hit fast enough and I was able to pull ahead for like 2 seconds then she started pulling hard. But a semi started to merge from her lane into the single lane and I snuck thro and she was left behind

The only cars I have beat with my 02 S2 WRX are:
    200? SRT-4
    200? Grand Prix GT
    ???? Honda Civic (non-stock motor) tried a ricer fly-by but I ran him down

Waitin on my friends b16 crx talks alot of shyte but never wants to line up or roll.
    Last edited by SkunkyZ; 11-12-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

^ +1. Agree on the driver. Heck, I got pulled on by a stock Evo X in my Goat because I left it 4th gear from a roll. Stupid me...

Quote Originally Posted by stoplightwarrior View Post
    it can beat all the cars that arent as fast as it is.
    Yup!!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I beat a '01 to '04 Trans Am with our 2007 Chevy Silverado work company truck yesterday! LOL, poor guy. He probably still feels like ****, wish I'd been in the Subie!
    2003 Subie WRX

Me vs Lawrence,KS

Well I have a 02 WRX fairly moded and so far I have beat

98 ford mustang gt from a dead stop.
    90's nissan 300 zx moded (dont know how much)
    90's acura integra moded (dont care how much)
    raced a newer BMW 04 -07 kept up with him but traffic put a end to it after two blocks. wish I could have kept going. im sure he would have beat me but, it sure was fun letting him know that some little 4 cylinder subaru was keeping up with his high priced ultimate driving machine.

04 ford focus somewhat moded he thought his car was the s***
    99 camaro with shiny exhaust tips
    There are several more just cant remember right now. I try to race anyone who will step up. dont care if I loose. I will keep you updated someone always wants to race here.

I walked all over a 07-08 mustang GT... I was merging onto highway and he blew by me, i was doing 60mph and climbing. I floored it and reeled him in like a fisherman reeling in a marlin. I got up to his door and looked over and downshifted, he downshifted also; 70mph... we both gun it and i watched his headlights get smaller and smaller. i let off at about 120 and he came flying by like a ricer after the race is over.

02 bugI with MBC set to 1.1bar XS Up, and SPT intake

I Support ClubWRX
    I beat a '01 to '04 Trans Am with our 2007 Chevy Silverado work company truck yesterday! LOL, poor guy. He probably still feels like ****, wish I'd been in the Subie!
    Are you sure...those V-6 Trans am's are no joke.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast