300ZX TT Encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 300ZX TT Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I'm on the 120 Loop where I usually do my GTech runs and come to the light before 75N. ...

300ZX TT Encounter

Well I'm on the 120 Loop where I usually do my GTech runs and come to the light before 75N. I'm in the left lane and my grandmom is in the passenger seat. I'm sitting at the light in the left lane and I look at my rear view mirror and I see a red 300ZX flying up behind me. I have the radio going but I start hearing this hissing noise so I turn down my radio. Then I hear the 300ZX w/ his BOV reving behind me not once but many times like he wanted to start something? I just have a grin ... but I didn't want anyone to did of a cardiac arrest so I figure I'm not gonna do anything.
    Light turns green and I start moving as normal but this idiot flies right up to my bumper? I signal to get into the right lane and he tailgates me intot he right lane? I stay in second gear and let the car engine brake to turn right onto the 75N on ramp. I figure this guy would stop but NO ... he keeps flying up then slowing down, flying up then slowing down, etc. Well I'm in 2nd doing 30mph and I wait for him to do it one more time. Idiot of course reving and BOV goes off ... so I dump it in 2nd. 300ZX wasn't ready for it but tries to go w/ me . He "tries" to follow for 1sec then I just start pulling away. I look at my review mirror and watch his facial reaction like ... "umm what the hell just happened?" I'm now like 3 cars ahead of him by 3rd gear and merging onto 75N. I stay in 3rd hoping he'd try something stupid. I stay in the right lane and he comes 300ZX TT flying past me and then slowing down. I look over at him as he pasts me and he doesn't even look over. I look at my speedometer and doing 75mph in a 65mph so I'm just chilling and slow down.
    I was hoping the 300ZX would have slowed down and I would have gone w/ him on the HWY ... maybe to 100mph. I'm pretty sure a 300ZX TT would have walked on me at 90mph+ but he sure didn't have anything on us at lower speeds. Too bad for him and his BOV didn't do anything.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hehehehe, Richard, you are one funny mutha. I hope your grammy is okay. Did she enjoy the ride?
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

I've encountered heavily modified 300ZX TT last time on route 9 (NY). I was driving 55mph in a 65mph zone and this guy in modded 300ZX (body kit, and typical I/H/E) kept tailgating me even tho. the left lane was open. This lasted for about a min or two then he just swerved around and passed my car at a speed even if I went WOT, could never caught up. I wonder how fast moddified 300ZX are.....

Humm ...

I know a really modified 300ZX TT should have walked on me but I think these punks don't know whom they're dealing w/ . All this revving and BOV but they couldn't back it up.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Originally posted by AmSFighter
    hehehehe, Richard, you are one funny mutha. I hope your grammy is okay. Did she enjoy the ride?
    Yo Rich, you better buyyour gramma a big Mother's day gift after you
    put her through that

My grandma ( may god blessed her soul ) passed away 3 years ago at
    the age of 99 So take good care of yours
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Issue ...

I know I should be nice to my grandma but we have issues ... something in the relm of stubborn old people doesn't float my boat. I know I should be nice to her but deep down ... . She never complained to tell me to slow down though during the quick run .
    2004 STI White/Gold

She is one tough lady. Old chinese women are tough like nail hahaha
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Oh ...

Ohhh ... that what Confucious say .
    2004 STI White/Gold

Rich, you are one cool dood! I hope I can meet you some day. That is so funny, breaking it off in someone's ass with your grandma in your car with you. I can't get the picture out of my head. Hahaha!
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    Rich, you are one cool dood! I hope I can meet you some day. That is so funny, breaking it off in someone's ass with your grandma in your car with you. I can't get the picture out of my head. Hahaha!
    You are in for a treat then!!!
    '03 STi killer

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I've encountered heavily modified 300ZX TT last time on route 9 (NY). I was driving 55mph in a 65mph zone and this guy in modded 300ZX (body kit, and typical I/H/E) kept tailgating me even tho. the left lane was open. This lasted for about a min or two then he just swerved around and passed my car at a speed even if I went WOT, could never caught up. I wonder how fast moddified 300ZX are.....
    They can be pretty damn fast. my last car was a 450rwhp/470lbft 90TTZ with 5sp and 4.08 gears from the NA model. 0-60 in 3.8sec, 0-100in 8sec flat 1/4mi in 11.6@120...on pump gas with street tires. I did every possible mod to that car. Loved it. It would kill a gsxr1100 from a 70mph roll like the bike was standing still. I know people whho have TTZ's with over 600rwhp and a good friend is busy building up a 1,000hp one. Cant wait for a ride in it!

Yo

I'm sure they're fast ... well unless you're a punk w/ a 500lbs+ audio system? Do I know your WrXXX? Have we met before? Humm I want my WRX to do 0-60 in <=3.9sec.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Originally posted by wrXXX

You are in for a treat then!!!
    Ditto. lol!
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I'm sure they're fast ... well unless you're a punk w/ a 500lbs+ audio system? Do I know your WrXXX? Have we met before? Humm I want my WRX to do 0-60 in <=3.9sec.
    Hey chuglobal,

Nope havent met any other WRX owners in person down here in S. Fl yet. Too busy working and parenting for much "me" time. Every bit of spare time I have had for the rex has been spent doing mods..either that or i'm enjoying the ride!

Re: Yo

Originally posted by chuglobal
    I know how we can make your rex go 0-60 in 1.5 sec BONE STOCK. There is a nice cliff to drive it off not to far from us.
    '03 STi killer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast