Road Rage incident
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Road Rage incident within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry mods, I didn't know where to put this thread. I was driving with my fiance southbound on the Merrit ...

Road Rage incident

Sorry mods, I didn't know where to put this thread.

I was driving with my fiance southbound on the Merrit Parkway in CT going to a friends house. As we pass an on ramp, I notice a guy in a Green Buick enter the highway with a Silver Audi A4 coming up pretty fast in the right lane. I was pretty much right next to the A4 so he couldn't turn out of the way quickly. He slowed down and turned into the left lane properly. The guy in the Buick speeds up and cuts between the two of us, there was NOT enough room for this guy to get in, so the A4 had to slow down. I have NO idea what this morons problem was, as I am looking in my mirror I see him brake check the guy in the A4 HARD. He almost came to a complete stop from 60 MPH in the left lane of the highway. I slowed down cause I thought they were in an accident at first. Then I saw the A4 swerve into the right lane to avoid the Buick. I think if he didn't have AWD, he would have lost it. Now we are driving about 65 MPH and the guy in the buick comes up behind me, REALLY CLOSE. I am about to move over when he does and he speeds up next to me. I was just looking at this guy thinking what an A$$HOLE. Then I notice he is turning into my lane. I was now riding the edge of the highway about an inch from the curb with this a$$shole HALF in my lane. I tried slowing down and he slowed down too. So i just floored it and got away from him. Thank god my car is faster than his. I didn't know what to do at first. After driving rather slow next to an SUV to keep him behind me where he CANNOT do that again, I noticed a Mercedes flashing his light coming up fast. I pulled up and into the right lane and the Mercedes pulls up next to us. The guy had a piece of paper and his cell phone, motioning to let me know he got his plate. Cool guy. My fiancee got his plate number too. About 5 or 6 miles later and 4 exits later this anus comes up again and tried to hit me. I was in the right lane and he just swerved hard into my lane like he was trying to clip the front of my car. I SLAMMED on the brakes and swerved hard to the left cause his ugly car was slowing in my lane pretty fast. Now it was AWD that saved me this time. The a$$hole IMMEDIATELY pulled off the exit. He made sure to do this where i can't follow him.
    We continued on to our firends house and called the police. Wouldn't you know this was one of those rare times that i forgot my cell phone at home? I gave the officer a statement over the phone. He said I would have to meet with him and would have to go to court. We gave him the plate number for the Buick and the Mercedes as a witness. The officer said that if the witness doesn't want to go to court, it would just be my word against his on this whole incident. He said if I didn't want to go to court that he will issue the guy a verbal warning. I decided with MUCH hesitation to not go to court. If I could be certain I would have a witness there, I would go in a heartbeat. My word against his? I don't think so. I am just pissed that this guy will get away with this. He WILL kill someone one day. I am confident on that. Did I do the wrong thing by not going to court?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ohhh man, there are just asses like that on the road and they should be put behind bars. If something like this happens again just slow down and let him pass you becuase roadrage is never fun. A friend of mine was in his friend's WRX and one time late at night someone pulled out a gun from an SUV, pointing at them! So of course the WRX just boned out and the SUV couldn't catch up. I don't know what some of these peoples' problems are. Sorry to hear that you had to encounter such an A$$Hole. I understand how you didn't go to court because it's such a hassle but sooner or later that guy will get in trouble with the law, and hopefully no one gets hurt before that happens.
    Tim
    Admin

Geeze, that's pretty insane. You made the correct decision to not following him.

Lemme tell my one story. It was a rainy night when I was in Houston visiting my friends. Well anyways, I was at a traffic light waiting for the red to turn green when there was headlights coming close to be REALLY fast. I looked up but it was still red. The dood zooms right past me going through the intersection and then he braked hard and did a 360. That's faqing crazy. As he was finishing the 360 he clipped a poll. I was thinking he was drunk so I hurriedly went past him to avoid any collision. I took a left and thought it was all over... I was wrong. The same dood took a right and was coming by me fast. I swerved to the left having nearly 1-2 inches from my tire to the curve so to avoid him hitting my car (I was going around 30mph at this point). Well, this didn't help becuase this dood literally swerved unto my lane and almost clipping the side of my car! This really scared me cuz I just got my car for one month during the time. The guy kept on going and began honking his horn and blinking his lights. At that point, I was pretty sure he haaaaaad to be drunk.

Your story, my friend, really scares me. Let's just pray that nothing else happened and hope that these motherfaqing bastards will pay one way or another.

Makes you wonder if you should just equip your car with those damn conecam things just incase one of these *******s comes your way. Maybe we can hope that sometime he will try it only he'll seriously F-up and do it to an unmarked cop car. That or tries it on somebody who is even more messed up and ends up shot.

I Support ClubWRX
    OH man today I went to Magic Mountain and on my way back some idiot in a red Bimmer was driving like an idiot. He first highbeams my freind to make us get out of his way and then he accelerates on to the ass of the IS300 in front of us. Then he does that to the next three cars in front of us. I was thiking in my head if this idiot know how to drive he would of selected lanes that would be open instead of pissing everyone off.
    Tim
    Admin

Re: Road Rage incident

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Sorry mods, I didn't know where to put this thread.
    He said I would have to meet with him and would have to go to court. We gave him the plate number for the Buick and the Mercedes as a witness. The officer said that if the witness doesn't want to go to court, it would just be my word against his on this whole incident. He said if I didn't want to go to court that he will issue the guy a verbal warning. I decided with MUCH hesitation to not go to court. If I could be certain I would have a witness there, I would go in a heartbeat. My word against his? I don't think so. I am just pissed that this guy will get away with this. He WILL kill someone one day. I am confident on that. Did I do the wrong thing by not going to court?
    No apologies necessary, this is the right place for this thread, I guess. When a thread is borderline evil, it is tough to catagorize. This guy sounds like he was off his meds and thought the Audis were out to get him. It is very fortunate that your car was fast enough to escape his terror campaign.

I had an incident of the PA turnpike going to work today where I had my left turn signal on for ages and this HUGE late 70s Cadillac wouldn't let me in front of him. I had a relatively small 87 Olds Toronado at the time. Finally, I moved over slowly and the Cadillac had to tap his brakes and let me in. As soon as traffic clears, the Caddy goes screaming passed me in the center lane and nearly takes the front of my car of with his trunk. If I didn't have amazing reflexs and four wheel disc brakes, I'd probably be dead.

My dad was once rear ended by some jerk while he was pulling over onto the shoulder to let the assh0le pass!!! He left the scene of the accident, my dad called the police, the guy got a huge fine.

These rage raging assh0les can't be allowed to terrorize people. You did the right thing in contacting the police and you would be a personal hero to me if you persued this and took the guy to court for wreckless driving. If you contact the Mercedes guy, he might be able to tell you his feelings on the whole thing. It might also be possible for him to give a sworn affidavit and not have to go to court.

-Jim

I hate to be the bearer if bad news. but there ain't a damn thing you can do about it it is his word against yours, but he will get his trust me. What comes around truly goes around. He'll be a paraplegic some day while your enjoying life as normal, so just relax and count your blessings bro, and thank God for a great car!

I've been a trial attorney for nearly six years. That cop was clearly trying to dissuade you from going to court by telling you that it was simply his word against yours. Nearly ALL criminal cases at trial are just that. That cop just didn't want to be hassled by it.

That Buick nearly killed you. And he did so intentionally. He should be made to answer for it in court.

I'vve been on the Merrit Parkway plenty of times. The road is curvy and narrow with little to no shoulder room. Actions like that Buick are especialy dangerous there. I'm glad you're OK.

Originally posted by bedabi
    I've been a trial attorney for nearly six years. That cop was clearly trying to dissuade you from going to court by telling you that it was simply his word against yours. Nearly ALL criminal cases at trial are just that. That cop just didn't want to be hassled by it.

That Buick nearly killed you. And he did so intentionally. He should be made to answer for it in court.

I'vve been on the Merrit Parkway plenty of times. The road is curvy and narrow with little to no shoulder room. Actions like that Buick are especialy dangerous there. I'm glad you're OK.
    Thanks. I really didn't want to let the guy get off without punishment, but my brother sorta got screwed on something kinda similar. There is no way I am going to go through the **** he went through. It does eat me up inside to let this guy go though.

A friend of mine was in his friend's WRX and one time late at night someone pulled out a gun from an SUV, pointing at them!

That's some California Love for you right there...
    I was with my Wife going home late at night and this guy with an old Mercedes(80s), beatup, was driving like an idiot. Slowed down next to me and floored it. I didn't go after him(I know better now... useless). He slowed down again and waited for me. I pulled behind him at the light. He launched hard but was spinning, I was right behind him and decided to pass him and take off. We did in 2nd gear and he was 6-7 car lengths in 3rd. The next light was green but I decided to slow down since I was doing 65 already. He flew by me and had to be doing almost 100. At the next light, he made a right turn but waited for me again. We tried to ignore him since we could tell he was an idiot. He was screaming the "usual big-balls-tough-guy-look-at-me stupidity welcoming message" wasssup! and then with windows up, we could hear him saying something like "That's all you can do against a 150,000 miles car??!!!" ...
    At 2am in Fresno, with a guy like that, with a car like that... hmmmm I would really think he's packing some heat under his seat. So yes, be the smarter guy and walk away. This is how I look at it: I have my Beautiful young Wife with me. We have each one of us a good job. We had a good time tonight. We are riding in a nice car. We had to work hard to get it. We have goals. And I think that guy is just purely frustrated at that time or all the time. With anything. He will not ruin it for us. That's all.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

2001S4,

Whatever it takes, for the principle, go for it. And thank you for fighting back the right way.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Thumbs up

ticrab,

"Living well is the best revenge." ( I don't know who said that. )

You are truly wise beyond your years. I would really like to meet you sometime.

-Jim

Jim,

I try to be wise. Like I said before, when I was eposed to very dangerous situations, when my life was really in danger, and more or less "survived" out of those situations, I look at everything else differently. I think I'm a nice guy. And karma is also another story if you know what I mean. So yes, I sit, watch and listen and most of all, I try to learn and will try to learn until I die. From anybody, a kid or a very old wise man. No prejudices.

Maybe we will meet someday. You're back East right? I want to go there with my Wife someday to visit.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

Road rage is one of the most frustrating things I've ever dealt with. There was a big case that hit the news here a while back, two guys got into it, one guy got in front of the other and brake checked him, the guy behind tried to swerve out of the way, lost control, departed the roadway, and ended up dying in the resulting crash. Brake check guy got a HUGE prison sentence.

The best thing you can do is absolutely not engage if that crap goes down. Just think, if you outrun the other guy and he wrecks, somebody might charge YOU with something stupid.

The last time something like that happened to me, I got clear of the guy, and just STOOD on the brakes. Now he has the choice of stopping in the road and coming back to me, or just going on. Most people won't bother.

Outrunning somebody's not a good option around here, too much traffic, you just can't get away from someone adequately unless it's really late at night. I'd be loathe to try that, with my luck somebody would step out on the road in front of me and I'd cream 'em at 100+, then off to jail go I....

Be careful out there, there's no limit to the stupid people.

wow. smart thinking on your part though! also good stories from everyone else here too.

i'd hate to see the day when someone posts here about one of our members getting killed, thrown in jail or something for participating in road rage or some such nonsense.

keep it safe folk!

and aren't you glad you have a fast car?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.