Road Rage incident - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Road Rage incident within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Reading all about these road rage incidents makes me sick and scared. I guess you just have to be on ...

Reading all about these road rage incidents makes me sick and scared. I guess you just have to be on guard at all times.

WRX always saves the day!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Shinigami
    WRX always saves the day!!!
    S4 too. Thank god for all the power and AWD. Saved my ass.

One of my best friends was living/working in Cincinati and while he was headed to work one morning (he was using a rental car the his company provided) a guy was doing almost exactly what you discribed. Someone made him mad so he was swerving and cutting the guy off during rush our traffic. Obviously this was causing major traffic problems. So, my friend pulls up next to the guy and holds up his "rental" agreement papers with this real cheesy grin on his face. The dude slowed way down and didn't cause another problem. My friend was simply telling him that it wasn't his car, and he wouldn't be bothered hitting the jerk.

BTW, I don't condone this sort of thing (of course). It worked for him. He's never had to deal with it since. He's in Atlanta now, so who knows...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I've had it get out of hand once..

To make a long story short.. a couple years ago while driving to work I caught up to this truck driving very slow (below the speed limit).. Single lane road.. so I passed him.. for whatever reason this guy just lost it.. started swerving all over both lanes.. not sure if he was trying to hit me or what. Anyways.. this went on for about 3 minutes I drove into my work.. two guys got out of the truck, ran towards me, and starting swinging

I didn't have much trouble fighting off these guys.. one probably got a broken nose out of it (bleeding pretty bad).. but when I look back it could have been a 100x worse.. if they had a weapon of some kind it could have been a much different outcome.

Not something I would like to ever happen again.. but it just goes to show, you just never know who is on the roads.

A friend of mine's been in countless incidents like that, fortunately it was a while ago and he's since gotten it out of his system.

One time he thought he had killed someone, and trust me, you don't ever want to be in that sort of mental place. It's just better to drive away...

I've had a few idiots pull stupid crap beside me to try and goad me into racing since I've had the wrx, but the one thing that really p*ssed me off was when I had grandma in the car.

So there I am taking mom, and grams to the airport when I slow down and get into the exit lane. This in front of me still in the middle lanes wavered like he wasn't sure where to go, then he just jumped right infront of me. Ok, stomping on the brakes like that wasn't fun, but I figure the guy was just made a stupid split decision.. but then after cruising again the lamer stomps on the brakes and turns hard left. Needless to say, the car slides sideways and blocks half the road so I geared down (fastest downshift I have ever done, and normaly grams is faster than me), do a little dance and make it around the car into a large 180 degree turn of the exit that had no guard rails (though nicely banked).

The funny thing was that when I looked over to see if grandma was alright, she was beginning to shake her fist and started to mumble something about crazy drivers

OK, Here is my cautionary tale of road rage..
    It was February of this year and I was coming into town on a 2 lane (each way) highway, I was stuck behind a small car who was doing like 50 mph in the left lane. Traffic was getting heavy behind me with a group of like 10 cars all travelling to close together, I have my left turn signal on and this guy is oblivious, so I am getting closer and closer to his bumper , when I am about 2 car lengths away he gives me a major brake check, at which point I lose it. So I move over to the right lane, check the break-down lane and proceed to punch it and pass on the shoulder, I accelerate up to about 80 and cut back across both lanes in front of the guy who pissed me off and shut it down, thats right I just took my foot off the gas, 65, 55,45,35 30 mph
    of course all the people in the cluster have to slam on thier brakes and after slowing to about 30 mph I drop it into 2nd and take off hitting about 100 a mile ahead, well to make a long story short in that cluster was an off-duty cop on his way to work, he called his buddies and they were waiting for me about 5 miles up the road, I was arrested and charged with reckless driving.
    The cop never saw the other car and he also was under the impression I gave everyone the brake check, finally got to court
    and plead guilty, Lost my license for 3 months 700 dollar fine 100 hours of community service and 3 YEARS bench probation. If someone ever messes with you on the highway simply let it go, it's not worth it, I messed up and I am taking my lumps, I should have never passed on the shoulder or slowed traffic that much someone could have been hurt. If I get flamed so be it, but I wanted everyone to know that ANYTHING you do on the road can come back and bite you in the ass, it's too easy to do the right thing the first time.

Originally posted by Dumb_WRX
    OK, Here is my cautionary tale of road rage..
    It was February of this year and I was coming into town on a 2 lane (each way) highway, I was stuck behind a small car who was doing like 50 mph in the left lane. Traffic was getting heavy behind me with a group of like 10 cars all travelling to close together, I have my left turn signal on and this guy is oblivious, so I am getting closer and closer to his bumper , when I am about 2 car lengths away he gives me a major brake check, at which point I lose it. So I move over to the right lane, check the break-down lane and proceed to punch it and pass on the shoulder, I accelerate up to about 80 and cut back across both lanes in front of the guy who pissed me off and shut it down, thats right I just took my foot off the gas, 65, 55,45,35 30 mph
    of course all the people in the cluster have to slam on thier brakes and after slowing to about 30 mph I drop it into 2nd and take off hitting about 100 a mile ahead, well to make a long story short in that cluster was an off-duty cop on his way to work, he called his buddies and they were waiting for me about 5 miles up the road, I was arrested and charged with reckless driving.
    The cop never saw the other car and he also was under the impression I gave everyone the brake check, finally got to court
    and plead guilty, Lost my license for 3 months 700 dollar fine 100 hours of community service and 3 YEARS bench probation. If someone ever messes with you on the highway simply let it go, it's not worth it, I messed up and I am taking my lumps, I should have never passed on the shoulder or slowed traffic that much someone could have been hurt. If I get flamed so be it, but I wanted everyone to know that ANYTHING you do on the road can come back and bite you in the ass, it's too easy to do the right thing the first time.
    Certainly serves you right. I am sure you will get flamed. At least you learned your lesson and see the error in your ways. That is good. Life is all about making mistakes and learning from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12