US STi Specs
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on US STi Specs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Help me out here. I just got off the phone with Yark Subaru in Ohio asking about the US version ...

US STi Specs

Help me out here.
    I just got off the phone with Yark Subaru in Ohio asking about the US version of the STi. It was stated that it should have the same output of the current Australian model. It was also rumored to only be in available in sedan, and no wagon. bummer....

Here's my question.
    195 @ 6000 kW/RPM = 261.3 @ 6000 hp/RPM
    kw * 1.34 = hp

343 @ 4000 Nm/RPM = 221.3 @ 4000 ft. lb./RPM
    Nm / 1.55 = ft. lb.

I thought it was to be 276 HP and 267 ft. lbs. --- maybe I was dreaming again. Any way, it is going to sell at full MSRP which is to be <= $30k.

Oh well...

Looks like the WRX Sport Wagon for me, with a few mods to boot!

My WRX Mods

2002 WRX Aspen White Wagon
    3/16" Vaccum Connector Mod
    Grill and IC Guards

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yup, that's what i hear, sti around 265hp. big bummer. but the lancer supposed to be coming out with 275hp, how can the sti compare?? i might be trading in for the lancer if that's true

--RaCin (Lancer??) WRX

Originally posted by RaCinWRX
    yup, that's what i hear, sti around 265hp. big bummer. but the lancer supposed to be coming out with 275hp, how can the sti compare?? i might be trading in for the lancer if that's true

--RaCin (Lancer??) WRX
    Check the spec of the UK/AU STI and EVO. JDM version always
    have higher HP because of Japan's emission law and higher RON
    gas. We might be getting something less then JDM higher then
    UK/AU before of the 93 octane gas we got.

Just my 2 cents
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Originally posted by RaCinWRX

--RaCin (Lancer??) WRX
    I called my mistu dealer in STL... and they said it should be 265-275HP... priced in the 20s she guessed ~27000... and available in NOV... i think i am gonna get one.. not that i dont like subaru, i just want something else.

-Mike
    www.mikeville.com

It will take DSM mods, easily take that car into the 11 and 12's...

Rob

no mitsubishis in canada. hee hee

i dont have any difficult decisons to make

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually Mark, in September of this year, Mitsubishi will officially open in Canada. The EVO will be available in Jan 2003 at the latest for Canadian costumers. Expect the EVO to carry a cost around the price of the 350Z...which comes out July and carries a base price of $45k CDN, $46.5 for the track model.

The low HP is all about emissions and is easily fixed'
    in England they already fix it with small and cheap modifications (different exauhst and chip), which bring it up to 310 hp and 285 lb-ft.
    take a look:

and the thread in Scoobynet:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=90141

Originally posted by schischwein
    Actually Mark, in September of this year, Mitsubishi will officially open in Canada. The EVO will be available in Jan 2003 at the latest for Canadian costumers. Expect the EVO to carry a cost around the price of the 350Z...which comes out July and carries a base price of $45k CDN, $46.5 for the track model.
    damn, that be alot for a car. i think id rather stick my wrx instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.