Witnessed an Intresting one...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Witnessed an Intresting one... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 94 viper, 2002 zo6. i dont know the specs cause thats too many numbers to remember, i dont know the ...

Witnessed an Intresting one...

94 viper, 2002 zo6. i dont know the specs cause thats too many numbers to remember, i dont know the 1/4 times either cuase thats beyond me. but it was certainly loud and fun to watch two fastest STOCK cars zoom by with their engines in full roar as they weave in and out of traffic. the z06 guy was a friend of a friend who was with me at the time. i was not driving...so things were moving at a faster rate...but when my friend called the zo6 after the race (because we couldnt seethe outcome..it was too far away) he said he had half a car at the end of 130~. ....

wait until i get my car....ill spank both of them off the line and on the hwy for SURE!!!!
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Witnessed an Intresting one...

Granted, a Viper and a Z06 are two very fast (and quick) cars. The Z06 that runs at Atco has a CAI and runs 12.2s and 110+ mph. Awesome. I've never seen a Viper run the 1/4, but they go pretty good until they fall apart (I'm only half-kidding too).

To say that these car are the "two fastest STOCK cars" is a gross exaggeration. Stock american cars, yes, but to name a few faster: McLaren F1, Lambo Diablo (any version), Ferrari F40, Modena, Porsche 911 Turbo, GT2, Buggatti EB112 or even the EB110. These are probably less than half the list of stock dream machines that would beat these cars in the 1/4 and make them look downright stupid under non-straight-line conditions.

And even jokingly, you will likely never stand a chance against either the Viper or a Z06 under any road conditions besides snow and ice. Off road is another story...

-Jim

Originally posted by BoostedAWD
    94 viper, 2002 zo6. i dont know the specs cause thats too many numbers to remember, i dont know the 1/4 times either cuase thats beyond me. but it was certainly loud and fun to watch two fastest STOCK cars zoom by with their engines in full roar as they weave in and out of traffic. the z06 guy was a friend of a friend who was with me at the time. i was not driving...so things were moving at a faster rate...but when my friend called the zo6 after the race (because we couldnt seethe outcome..it was too far away) he said he had half a car at the end of 130~. ....

wait until i get my car....ill spank both of them off the line and on the hwy for SURE!!!!

of course i know they were not the fastest stock in the world....haha what would u think that i would name two american cars for that kinda catagory?

but i love those cars though. especially the zo6, anyone know what a zr1 runs in the quater?
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

ZR1s came from the factory in many different states of tune (literally...cam timing and what-not). They would run 12s bone stock when in good tune. But I believe the Z06 holds the record for fastest bone stock 1/4 at almost 12 flat. Look up a guy that goes by powershifter on the corvette forum.... The ZR1 was a highway monster though. But in some recent vids I watched, a 2k2 Z06 pulled on a ZR1 on the highway at mid triple digit speeds.

VV

of course i know they were not the fastest stock in the world....haha what would u think that i would name two american cars for that kinda catagory?

but i love those cars though. especially the zo6, anyone know what a zr1 runs in the quater?

VV,

I would live to have a ZR1, they are awesome. It's unfortunate that nobody knows how to work on them because they are so rare. Just look at it this way, the ZR1 was made from 1990-95 and it took until 2002 for the 405HP Z06 until there was a faster Corvette.

-Jim

Originally posted by VetteVert
    ZR1s came from the factory in many different states of tune (literally...cam timing and what-not). They would run 12s bone stock when in good tune. But I believe the Z06 holds the record for fastest bone stock 1/4 at almost 12 flat. Look up a guy that goes by powershifter on the corvette forum.... The ZR1 was a highway monster though. But in some recent vids I watched, a 2k2 Z06 pulled on a ZR1 on the highway at mid triple digit speeds.

VV

I Support ClubWRX
    And look at the prices of these two compared cars. The Z06 out the door comes close to $60,000 and the Viper is well over $85,000. The best bang for your buck car in the USA is the Z06. Best performance and downright scary. My budy has one and he got the 2001 385 hp model. 2002 Z06 came with 405 hp FROM THE FACTORY. Just think with after market mods. You might be able to pull into the 10's pretty easily.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

hey..u think god could pull in a stock z06?..391 hp...i sure would like to see it!...i think him and nmyeti(sp) is the only people that i could see in a wrx beating one. who knows..!
    Last edited by BoostedAWD; 05-01-2002 at 11:01 PM.
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

hey..u think god could pull in a stock z06?..391 hp...i sure would like to see it!...i think him and nyiles(sp) is the only people that i could see in a wrx beating one. who knows..!
    Just able to keep up for a little would have shock the Z06 driver like
    no end
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.