Just test drove an EVO VIII. My WRX vs Evo comparo! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just test drove an EVO VIII. My WRX vs Evo comparo! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Dream What dealer in MN let you test drive the EVO if you dont mind me asking? ...

Originally posted by Dream
    What dealer in MN let you test drive the EVO if you dont mind me asking?
    Where did you get that avatar? That pic is killer!!!

I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i love the evo. i love the sti. i love the wrx. i love the s4. i think i just love all turbo charged all wheel drive cars. ill be happy with any one of them...
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i love the evo. i love the sti. i love the wrx. i love the s4. i think i just love all turbo charged all wheel drive cars. ill be happy with any one of them...
    werd
    04' JBP WRX Sedan

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by 04EJ20
    They went from a 6TT to a V8 N/A and the power to weight ratio remains about the same. It dosen't make sense. Unless the V8 is a better engine from idle to redline, but after reading these posts, it doesn't seem so. Maybe they are just trying to grab all of the attention away from BMW and Mercedes who are still using 6's...
    I think that it is because it so easy to dupe rich people into thinking that more cylinders=more power and more power=more bling and blah blah value. Keep in mind I am talking about rich people who buy their sports cars as trophies to show status, not those that are real driving enthusiasts.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

I think it's just a factory HP war w/ BMW. And instead of boosting the hell out of a 6 Audi went w/ their v8. The $20k premium between my model and the S4 seems hard to justify though.

T.

Yea I think it is more of a status thing, like the s600 benz compared to the s430, the s600 is just the name. Two rich old people will probably never go faster than 75 mph in either s430 or 600, its more of a status

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    Also lets not forget about the Nissan Skyline imagine if these cars officially start hitting on U.S. shores? But then again for now all we could do is just drool and dream on about this amazing machinery.
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Dream
    What dealer in MN let you test drive the EVO if you dont mind me asking?
    I'm in Rochester, MN. Only one Mitsu dealership. The dealer didn't ask for my license either! I guess he saw me pull up in ol Rexy.
    Last edited by WilliamG; 10-23-2003 at 05:05 PM.
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    I'm in Rochester, MN. Only one Mitsu dealership. The dealer didn't ask for my license either! I guess he saw me pull up in ol Rexy.
    Makes me wonder....hmmm, do you think the Suby dealers are allowing STi test drives yet? This has been one of my hold backs is that I can't test drive (according to the sales guy) until I get the financing done. Well hog my hooter....that would mean I wouldn't have to bring it back after the test drive either...

T.

Originally posted by ttownrex
    he said 15K higher
    Sorry, I misread. I thought he said $15K or higher, meaning that the WRX was priced $15K or higher. I see now he meant that the S4 is $15K higher than the WRX. Sorry bout that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Tuco
    Makes me wonder....hmmm, do you think the Suby dealers are allowing STi test drives yet? This has been one of my hold backs is that I can't test drive (according to the sales guy) until I get the financing done. Well hog my hooter....that would mean I wouldn't have to bring it back after the test drive either...

T.
    I couldn't even get a test-drive of an STi at the dealer I bought my WRX from, since they weren't allowing test-drives at all. Can't say I blame them. The demographic that buys an STi aren't the type to buy one when there's a few hundred beater miles on the clock at the time of purchase. That's Morries Subaru in Brooklyn Park.
    2010 SSM STI

If I am in the market for a new car and the dealer does not let me test drive a car, without putting money down or going through financing apps first, then I walk out. There is no way in hell I would consider making a purchase of that magnitude, without making sure that I really want it. Don't care what the reasoning is, bad sales technique, period.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Don't care what the reasoning is, bad sales technique, period.

Not really. I'd rather have my brand new car not to be test driven by any "potential" customer. Imagine how many teenagers would be trying to test drive this car with no intention of buying it.

There's a subaru dealership around my area that doesn't allow test drives on any of their models, except for their demo cars. But they aren't going to have an STi demo car when there are so few in inventory anyways. I'd rather buy from them than from a place that allows test drives where customers have a chance of abusing the car. It's a rather good sales technique, because there are a lot of people like me who feel the same way about their new cars. They don't want the car they are going to buy to be test driven.

I test drove an Evo at Carmax, and I could not, for the life of me, heel-toe. The brake pedal was too high. I would lean on the brake, pivot, and there was no gas to blip, it felt like it was an inch too low. Bah, I guess I would have to get used to it.

It's easy as pie in the WRX.
    - Capt Crunch

I Support ClubWRX
    That reminds me... No aluminium pedals in the EVO!! No sale!
    2010 SSM STI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.