KILLED by Stang GT + Good TC info - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on KILLED by Stang GT + Good TC info within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Freakboy4.6 I'm not a troll, but I guess I will leave now. And you guys sound like ...

Originally posted by Freakboy4.6
    I'm not a troll, but I guess I will leave now. And you guys sound like the insecure ones.

I would credit you with intelligence, but you seem to be lacking any.
    Give "Brit in Exile" a "hullo" while you're there, will ya?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

actually, I haven't had much trouble out of my stang. 2000 GT 55,000 miles. Throwout bearing and seat belt. It's been a very reliable car. I know american cars have a bad rap, but don't believe everything you hear.
    okay, that's good advice. can i use the 9 years of working in autoparts instead of "everthing i hear?" how about the number of bearings and seals we stock for fords vs. the number we stock for hondas and toyotas? when you compare our sale volume on those parts, along with a number of others to the number of those respective cars on the road, the ratio speaks for itself.

we sell more parts to fix probelms on american cars than we do on japanese. we also stock very few parts for american cars over 10 years old becasue there are FAR fewer on the road. we still carry pads and rotors IN STOCK for late eighties and early nineties toyotas and hondas. guess how many common mustang parts we sell from those years?

see you at 200K miles. oh wait, no i won't.

everything i hear...... eat me

dR

woohoo!

now THIS is exciting reading.... keep fighting, it's keeping me entertained!

My '88 Mustang has 150000 miles on it. It's been run hard, abused and neglected. I routinely take it up to red-line because it really starts pulling after 5000rpm. I've raced it a lot. 200000 miles? No problem. It should be broken in by then.

Originally posted by Freakboy4.6
    hehe
    As someone with friends who have mentally handicapped children, I find this type of "humor" very offensive. Would a moderator please delete his post!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I Support ClubWRX
    I was also raised as a GM guy since I was a kid. And when I was about 5, my dad got me one of those shirts with the Gremlin Guy sitting on a Chevy with big back tires lighting them up and some long shifter that came up above the car. It was a 57 chevy and it was running over some FORD's. So I asked my dad, why don't you like FORDS. He said, because they are pieces of
    s%&t son. Then he gave me the abbreviations:

FuQed on Race Day
    FuQer Only Runs Downhill
    You guys know the rest.

FORDS are POS and that's the BOTTOM LINE because KURLEE DADDEE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

"Originally posted by Freakboy4.6 on corral.net

WRX guys must smoke crack.

Just check out some of the "race threads"

Apparently these guys can take down Lightnings and LS1's with a bone-stock WRX. "

First of all, I am not stock, I do have the blitz intake - the blitz intake was proven to give 25hp to the wheel on a supra TT by a 3rd party. Im not saying we can expect that much gain on the WRX but it certainly helps. That and the race was from 0-90mph giving me an advantage. I've also raced several 5.0 mustangs. I admit that I get killed after I hit 4th gear but I definantly pull away from them through 3rd.

There is no dyno proof yet that ANY intake will give you anything, just as turboXS and Vishnu have tested them on dynos, hence why they just do the hack mod because its just as good. Rather then wasting hundreds of bucks.

Rob

Originally posted by RobPA
    There is no dyno proof yet that ANY intake will give you anything, just as turboXS and Vishnu have tested them on dynos, hence why they just do the hack mod because its just as good.
    Actually, Shiv of Vishnu said that he lost a few HP when he approximated the hack mod (ie., knocked the intake off of the stock fender intake resonator) and when he put in a K&N filter. He does not recommend taking off the resonator.

As far as automatics go(back to the subject), a torque converter is essential. The fastest F-bodies(Camaro/Firebird) out there ARE automatics due to the infamous high stall torque converters. These guys are actually pulling 1.4 - 1.7 60ft!!!! Anways, I can just imagine how potent a WRX can be with the right high stall torque converter. Don't be discouraged, keep up the good work!!!!
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 05-12-2002 at 12:34 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Nothing wrong with an auto. Properly moded auto's will consistently drag better than a manual. Now, where an auto could suck without mega computer support would be in the corners. If you drive a cart hard and fast, then gas & braking at the same time is somthing you learn to do to pull off stuff backseat racers would goggle at.

I've been reading this site lately because I'm most likely going to be buying a WRX soon. I've notice most of the post are written by level headed people but then there are some pretty stupid threads as well. This is one of those threads. Started out as a good post then someone flamed and it snowballed from there.

Example #1
    FORDS are POS and that's the BOTTOM LINE because KURLEE DADDEE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's why my poor abused Bronco II had 230000 miles on it and never gave me a problem. I had a 6" Skyjacker lift with 33" BFG All Terrains and 4.56 gears. I had only done basic maintenance like oil changes, replaced ball joints, changed axle fluid, and other little items every so often. The valve seals caused it to smoke a little when started. The truck was beat to hell and back and never whimpered while my friends' Nissans and S-10s were puking their guts all over the trails. The kid I sold it to is still driving it around to this day.

It just appears that a few members have been a little cock hurt because someone has doubted the supernatural ability of the WRX, then the retaliation is to say "xxxx manufactured cars are all pieces of crap"

Example #2
    a ford is a POS in all rights. i love the V8 mustangs, and they do sound great. but it is NOT a value, and its only half a sports car. the thing goes nice in a straight line, but off the line its a POS, and uin the twisties its a cracked cranium waiting to happen.
    See previous example. The first issue is that the Mustang is not a sports car. It was never designed to be. It was orginally a "sporty" car that was well received and starting making it's way onto the racing circuit with some tuning. As for the infamous "in the twisties" argument, I guess I had better tell the Saleen, Steeda, and Kenny Brown teams to stop wasting their time. It's not a perfect car in stock form, however with some minor work can be very potent. On par with a WRX in stock form? No. but that doesn't make a poor handling car.

see you at 200K miles. oh wait, no i won't.
    Been there, done that. My existing F-150 has also passed this mark and I'm still waiting for something to go wrong. This is actually what my girlfriend is driving for now and I guess I should change the oil more often then every 5,000 miles.

I just think it's kinda funny when people discounts a certain car because it is made by someone different than they like. I like all make and models. I had a Camaro, Accord, Wrangler, Bronco II, F-150, a Cobra, and now soon a WRX. I prefer to ditch the brand loyalty blinders.
    97 Cobra
    00 Wrangler
    83 Girlfriend - will trade for WRX

What the **** where you thinking?
    It's a Mustang GT moron. They are made for performance, unlike your try-hard RiCe-mobile.

Let me ask you a question or two.... do you have an oversized spoiler with no use? Do you have chrome 18' mags on your 4 cylinder car?

I'd like to know how many of you actually do any REAL mods to your cars YOURSELVES. Probably not many... and you call yourselves car enthusiasts? HAHAHA!

Stop wasting road space you wankers!

Oh.. and yes you do look like ****heads with BIG EXHAUSTS!
    When you have a Blown 300+ cubic inch motor producing more than 800+ horse power then it's ok to have dual 2 1\4" exhaust systems... 4 cylinder turbo's or even 6's don't need 4" let alone 5" or 6" you ****heads.
    HSV - I just ate one
    Japs - Not worth the metal they are made from

Originally posted by IpissonJapcars
    What the **** where you thinking?
    It's a Mustang GT moron. They are made for performance, unlike your try-hard RiCe-mobile.

You've heard of the World Rally Championship, yes? Which _professional_ international racing series did the Mustang GT win?

Let me ask you a question or two.... do you have an oversized spoiler with no use? Do you have chrome 18' mags on your 4 cylinder car?

Our cars come with spoilers comparable in size to that on the Mustang. Very understated. Most of us run the stock painted 16" rims, a few upgrade to 17s. I have never seen chromed wheels on a WRX.

I'd like to know how many of you actually do any REAL mods to your cars YOURSELVES. Probably not many... and you call yourselves car enthusiasts? HAHAHA!
    Most cars on here are stock or close to. Those that modify their vehicles usually do the work themselves using proven off-the-shelf components. I suppose you blueprint your own motor?

When you have a Blown 300+ cubic inch motor producing more than 800+ horse power then it's ok to have dual 2 1\4" exhaust systems... 4 cylinder turbo's or even 6's don't need 4" let alone 5" or 6" you ****heads.
    You are probably too young to remember the turbocharged Formula One era of the early-mid eighties. 1.5 liter 'Jap' motors producing in excess of 1000HP. Shock, horror!

Stop wasting road space you wankers!
    Any more trolls, and you likely won't be wasting any more space on our forum.

-Pace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.