KILLED by Stang GT + Good TC info - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on KILLED by Stang GT + Good TC info within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; GT Weight/HP Ratio=12.5lbs WRX Auto Weight/HP Ratio=13.8 Dude, quote numbers and bench race all you want to, all that matters ...

GT Weight/HP Ratio=12.5lbs
    WRX Auto Weight/HP Ratio=13.8

Dude, quote numbers and bench race all you want to, all that matters is who crosses the finish line first. I've raced a couple WRX's. Both stock. I can EASILY take them without using nitrous. They are a fast car and seem to be able to take corners fairly well(i've riddin in one of my friend's car) but that can't match even a stock 99+GT. As far as beating an LS1, you can forget that too. Those car's are hella fast. I have a hard time with 'em (until I spray anyway )

Nice board btw.
    2000 Mustang GT
    exhaust, gears, N2O, the usual.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GT is not THAT fast to kill WRX as easy as you make it sound. But who knows, you probably raced all automatics for all we know.

Actually, a stock 5-speed WRX is quite evenly matched against a stock GT below 100mph. When I ran just a boost controller, I could (and did many times) take them with absolute ease on the street.

For the record, the stats for the '99 GT are just about identical to the WRX: 0-60 in 5.4 and a 14.0 100mph quarter. Sounds very familiar, except that the WRX pulls those times at comparatively low trap speeds.

-Pace

For the record, the stats for the '99 GT are just about identical to the WRX: 0-60 in 5.4 and a 14.0 100mph quarter. Sounds very familiar, except that the WRX pulls those times at comparatively low trap speeds.

I could care less about stats. Stats don't mean crap. I used to bench race all the time...until I got out on the street and started learning what it was really about. Every car is different. Every driver is different...weather, apshalt, all kinds of variables.

The 2 I raced were sticks.

I also want to add that I think it's too bad we got a 4 cylinder car over here rather than a 6. hehe. I want a Skyline....
    2000 Mustang GT

Yah.. stats don't mean crap - except that the everyday Joe is repeating the exact same numbers at the strip. In fact, people ARE getting into the 13s with bone stock WRXes, and posting the timeslips to prove it.

You have a 100-shot of Nitrous, so what the hell are you talking about? Of course you kill stock WRXes. Just in the same way that my 100HP over stock WRX can kill stock GTs, with one hand behind my back, blindfolded, etc...

Educate yourself a little on the subject. I'm sure on the GT forums you can talk trash all day about the WRX and everybody believes you. Over here, people have first-hand experience of what these cars are capable of, so you just end up looking like an a$$.

-Pace

I guess the 2002 mustang GT has an advantage than. In 2001+ the mustang got a tad more HP from the higher compression, and in 2002 we got a larger MAF. You will not always run into a stock mustang on the road.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Educate yourself a little on the subject. I'm sure on the GT forums you can talk trash all day about the WRX and everybody believes you. Over here, people have first-hand experience of what these cars are capable of, so you just end up looking like an a$$.

hmm, if you read my first post you will noticed i said I beat them WITHOUT NITROUS. Who looks like an a$$ now? You need to learn how to read before you flame someone buddy.
    2000 Mustang GT

Were they stock? Because even without the nitrous, you're still not stock.

Originally posted by Freakboy4.6

hmm, if you read my first post you will noticed i said I beat them WITHOUT NITROUS. Who looks like an a$$ now? You need to learn how to read before you flame someone buddy.
    You pulled all the mods off your car before racing them? Awfully good sport, aren't you!

I don't believe you're my buddy, so don't attempt to patronize me, freakboy.

-Pace

On this forum, with you engaging in this particular argument with me, you're always going to be on the losing end of the a$$ image. As I said, stick to trying to impress the weenies over on the GT forums.

Do you really expect a warm applause here from boasting that your modded GT can beat a stock WRX, and therefore we all must be BSers....? Especially when we can go read you talking smack over on corral.net

-Pace

On this forum, with you engaging in this particular argument with me, you're always going to be on the losing end of the a$$ image. As I said, stick to trying to impress the weenies over on the GT forums.

Do you really expect a warm applause here from boasting that your modded GT can beat a stock WRX, and therefore we all must be BSers....? Especially when we can go read you talking smack over on corral.net
    because you're the "moderator"?
    And just where the hell was I talking smack? Like I said, READ BEFORE YOU REPLY. jeez....grow the hell up.
    2000 Mustang GT

Freakboy, the fact that you came over here alone is flattering. Tell me, why DID you come over here? get stomped on the 1/4 by a modded rex?

wassa matter, did a first gen car released for 12 months waste on the car you spent all that money and time on? sorry that a few bolt on's make all the "top o the line" stangs look like shi+

admit it, for $500, the torque to dollar ratio is retarded on this ride. people are pushing 390 at the wheels on a four cylander, with relatively low money spent. the car i am referencing is still running the stock clutch and tranny btw. so take that yo the corral and blow it right back out your a$$ where it came from.

finally, i am bone stock, not even a filter mod yet, but i've spanked EVERY GT i have raced. name the year. you're right about magazine racing. take a look at the real results.

mustangs are notorious for being shoddily built. if i had a nickel for every mustang guy that walks into the store asking for electrical parts like wiper motors, window motors WINDOW CRANKS (i didn't even knowthose could break!!) relays, solenoids etc.

a ford is a POS in all rights. i love the V8 mustangs, and they do sound great. but it is NOT a value, and its only half a sports car. the thing goes nice in a straight line, but off the line its a POS, and uin the twisties its a cracked cranium waiting to happen.

dR

because you're the "moderator"?
    And just where the hell was I talking smack? Like I said, READ BEFORE YOU REPLY. jeez....grow the hell up.
    No, because I'm a regular contributor and not some troll that goes from site to site trying to suppress his insecurity by talking smack regarding other people's cars.

Credit us with some intelligence; the tone of these posts is very obvious:

Originally posted by Freakboy4.6 on corral.net

WRX guys must smoke crack.

Just check out some of the "race threads"

Apparently these guys can take down Lightnings and LS1's with a bone-stock WRX.

Just look through the powertrain threads. It seems they have some major transmission issues on those cars.

Most of those guys [WRX owners] don't seem to have a clue.
    In fact, a search on that forum shows an ongoing theme. I found similar commentary on Civics, ZX2s, etc. etc.

-Pace

hehe
    That's very intelligent. Did you think that up all by yourself... oh wait, I've seen that posted many times over by guys just like you that cannot substantiate their argument with any basis in reality.

See ya.

-Pace

Thumbs down

mustangs are notorious for being shoddily built. if i had a nickel for every mustang guy that walks into the store asking for electrical parts like wiper motors, window motors WINDOW CRANKS (i didn't even knowthose could break!!) relays, solenoids etc.
    actually, I haven't had much trouble out of my stang. 2000 GT 55,000 miles. Throwout bearing and seat belt.
    It's been a very reliable car. I know american cars have a bad rap, but don't believe everything you hear.

No, because I'm a regular contributor and not some troll that goes from site to site trying to suppress his insecurity by talking smack regarding other people's cars.

Credit us with some intelligence; the tone of these posts is very obvious:
    I'm not a troll, but I guess I will leave now. And you guys sound like the insecure ones.

I would credit you with intelligence, but you seem to be lacking any.
    2000 Mustang GT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.