S4....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S4.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced an S4 with what seemed to have exhaust... Raced him to about 80 MPH from a stoplight to another ...

S4....

Raced an S4 with what seemed to have exhaust... Raced him to about 80 MPH from a stoplight to another lite, just enough time for a good brake torque.. Beat him by about half a car length.

Ohh yah and I have an automatic

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: S4....

Originally posted by RobPA
    Raced an S4 with what seemed to have exhaust... Raced him to about 80 MPH from a stoplight to another lite, just enough time for a good brake torque.. Beat him by about half a car length.

Ohh yah and I have an automatic

Rob
    Do you know if he had a automatic or a 6spd?

6spd with exhaust.

Rob

Are you stock or modded?

Comon brother, i got a few mods!! How the hell would a stock WRX auto beat an S4 with exhaust HEHEHEE.... nothing like an automatic launching at 4500 RPM's and getting a 2.2 car jump... basically i just got a large jump at the beginning, becuas ive raced a few S4's before, one of my best friend owns one, and iw as able to hold the lead, but he was slowly gaining, but like i said, we raced to about 80mph maybe equivelant to a 1/8th mile or a Bit more...

Rob

Sounds like the other guy can't drive. S4 should be able to keep up with the same launch. Pretty much an AWD vs AWD.

hey rob,
    what kind of mods are you running w/?

i've got godspeed's uppie, unorthodox underdrive crank (and intake silencer mod), w/ 3HP+ from llumar platinum plus tinted windows.

marcus
    www.realultimatepower.net

was the guy in the S4 granny shifting?

granny shifting?? what the hell is this F&F??? lol... No he wasent, it seemed to me like he could shift pretty good! I am not stock, and we only raced for about a 1/8th mile, and anyone who knows about S4's, know they lag a tiny bit at launch... I dont really have to prove anything hehe, i have a good reputation on here among like 10 other sites, i have no reason to lie And if the race was to maybe 100, he would have flew past me, or if it was a quarter mile race, he would have flew past me!! Remeber, we ONLY RACED to 80mph!!!!

Rob

Originally posted by RobPA
    granny shifting?? what the hell is this F&F??? lol... No he wasent, it seemed to me like he could shift pretty good! I am not stock, and we only raced for about a 1/8th mile, and anyone who knows about S4's, know they lag a tiny bit at launch... I dont really have to prove anything hehe, i have a good reputation on here among like 10 other sites, i have no reason to lie And if the race was to maybe 100, he would have flew past me, or if it was a quarter mile race, he would have flew past me!! Remeber, we ONLY RACED to 80mph!!!!
    Rob
    Hey, I don't doubt your win. That is why I asked if you were stock or not. If you were, I might have doubted you. As far as stating the S4 has lag during launch, where did you hear that? That is untrue. An S4 can be launched just as easily as a WRX.
    Last edited by 2001S4; 04-28-2002 at 01:32 PM.

Maybe its just me, my buddy (tom phillips) has an S4 with chip and exhaust and FMIC, but before he got all that stuff done maybe its just my driving, but i would always bog a bit when launching his S4, and when i would race him when he was stock i would still get a bit of a jump on him... But now, it isint even worth me racing him, that car is INSANE... You dont know how much that i want it!!! Thats my next car, for sure... But anyway, i got the jump on him from the launch from that other guy i raced to 80mph i did not mean to in any way generalize S4's in that they lag a bit on the launch, im just talking from what ive raced/seen.. which honeslty hasent been a lot other then my friends, that guy i raced the other day, and someone at the track who was in the 12's

Rob

It does take a little getting used to to launch, so if you hadn't had any practice with it when you drove his car, then that could have been the case. I know I have no problem launching my car but I did have trouble launching my friends WRX at first. It is just a different car and took a little bit of adjusting. What mods do you have by the way?

Originally posted by jk147
    Sounds like the other guy can't drive. S4 should be able to keep up with the same launch. Pretty much an AWD vs AWD.

S4 is a good match

when i was bone stock short of a k&n filter element, i raced a stock blue S4 6 speed from 90 to 130 or so...we were dead even all the way through..i felt like Days of Thunder..he would have walked me once i shifted into 5th however...i've done some mods since then...can't wait to smoke the next s4 i race...my brother has one..

S4's don't really have much on us. I have a friend who has a 2001 s4 with a chip. I've raced him a couple of times with my stock wrx and by 80 he doesn't even have a full car length on me. Mainly because i always get a better launch. I'm not sure if Subaru's awd is better or he sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.