Raced friends 2002 eclipse GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced friends 2002 eclipse GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced my friends 2002 GT 5 speed last night. It was a little wet outside, and i launched at ...

Raced friends 2002 eclipse GT

I raced my friends 2002 GT 5 speed last night. It was a little wet outside, and i launched at about 5k slipin the clutch. Everytime i launched, he somehow managed to get a 1 car lead. We did 2 runs, and he would always jump ahead at the start. Anyways, by the end of first gear, i would pull and we would be even. In second gear, i would just slowly walk away, at a leasurly pace. Third gear would continue to also walk away. I only went to about 75-80 mph, because it was a little wet outside. I would always be atleast 2 cars ahead, maybe 3, and i would keep pulling, with no sign of him starting to pull. This is all with 2 bad launches. So yeah...his 5 speed manual eclipse with 200 hp definatelly wasnt slow, but it wasnt as quick as the REX . I have no mods, or anything. Hehe, just thought i would post it its my first post. Peace.

-Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you didn't get him on the launch, that means you didn't launch the car at right RPM. you should try launching at 4k-4.2k rpm next time, it should help you beat him right off the line like a slingshot.

good luck,

Cal
    2000 GC8 EJ20 transplant
    Volk Rays TE37K 17x7.5 +48mm
    Stock 6spoke mat black w/ sticky S03s
    MRT flex joint uppipe
    MRT 3" turboback w/ custom Bozz speed dual N1 mufflers
    Samco IC hoses
    STi 4 piston caliper brake kit
    single stage brake booster kit
    SS brakelines
    TEIN type HA w/ pillowmounts
    Whiteline suspension bits
    Cusco suspension bits
    battery relocation mod
    STi Seats
    Greddy boost, egt, oil pressure gauges
    Zerosports center dash pod

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.