16 year olds...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 16 year olds... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man I hate when 16 year olds watch fast & furious movies and think they're bad. (no offense to any ...

WRX

16 year olds...

Man I hate when 16 year olds watch fast & furious movies and think they're bad. (no offense to any youngins here because I know you aren't like that )

I was cruising down the highway minding my own business when I pull up to a red light and these kids start revving at me in a Mercury Sable. C'mon guys, gimme a break! I looked over and snickered while shaking my head and my wife was telling me to put em in their place. So I did. By 2 buslengths. Wouldn't you know it, at the next light, they cut through traffic to get next to me and start revving again. Did they think that was a fluke? So I rev back and when the light turns green, I let them take off and feel like they beat me. woo friggin hoo. Well, of course, we pull up to yet another red, and they motion for me to roll down my window. "Allright man" the driver said, "best two out of three. I beat you bad on that one!!" WTF???? Can this kid be serious??? I thought to myself. So I said fine, this will be the end of it, and my wife says "You guys shouldn't be doing that in your MOM'S car!!" I laughed my ass off! Light goes green and I let them go ahead by about 2 cars. I give it enough gas to get even with them, lurch forward a couple of times, toying with their minds, then gun it up to 80 as I waved bye bye to them. Man that was annoying. Anyone else have encounters like this?
    Last edited by WRX; 10-13-2003 at 08:21 AM.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The first week I got my WRX I was going down the road and a car full in a Malibu was revving at me.....It has the walmart exhaust tip(guess he couldn't afford the APC muffler) and some chrome 14" wheels that stuck out of the fenders by a foot or so.....this car was strait ghetto.....I just laughed at them while they yelled at me calling me chicken "poo" I was afraid if he got too close to me his tristar spiked centercaps might rip the side of my car up...

That is hilarious you guys. I haven't had anyone do anything like that to me...yet. I have stomped on a RSX and V6 Altima but I don't consider them kills. Both of them were riding my but so I just gunned it and left them way behind.

Anyway who knows what those kids were thinking and what your wife said, that was funny.

oh no, you raced a sable
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Those Sables got nothin. Now if it was a Buick, watch out. lol
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

WRX
    Originally posted by Selmak
    and what your wife said, that was funny.
    I felt bad for the kids when she said that. But she's on my side, so I had to laugh.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I think if I had been a passenger with you all I would have died laughing. It kinda reminded me of when that Altima came up on my but. My wife said "who do they think they are, they can't beat us. Floor it baby."

Hehe I just think it's funny when the wife gets some of the WRX madness too

A few days after I got my car I was sitting in a parking lot late at night waiting for my freind to come out of the store. Im tapping the throttle VERY VERY lightly, listening to the tiny burble of the factory exhaust. Then some clowns roll up in a CROWN VICTORIA and ask, "Is that a four?" I said, "...cylinders...yea!? Why?" He goes, "Well this is an eight." I was like, "ok, whats you point?"

After about 10 minutes i realized he really wanted to race, and wasnt being sarcastic. We got on the road and I told him to floor it when he wanted to...I think you all know the rest.

Every kid gets in a car and thinks that flooring it makes it the fastest thing on earth. I love it though.

Originally posted by Selmak
    Hehe I just think it's funny when the wife gets some of the WRX madness too
    I totally agree...but I'm 18, so ill agree to the extent of 'girlfriend."
    Last edited by CKxx; 10-13-2003 at 02:36 PM.
    I created my avatar.

I had some punk ass in a newer Sunfire with THE worst exhaust i'd ever heard.. it was worse than any Honda I have ever heard. Well we were on a heavily cop patrolled street and this genius would gun it up to around 80 in a 45 zone and then drop back and wait for me.. and then do it again... and again... he then rolled down the window and yelled for me to get a real car and asked where I stole the badges from (apparently he thought i was rollin in a 2.5rs or somethin). At this I decided enough was enough so he starts to gun it again, I put the pedal down as soon as I shift into 3rd and i pull even, wave buh bye and pull on him like he was standing still. After several bus lengths i let off and waited for him... and came he did, and made a right turn as fast as he had lost that race.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

My generation are idiots, im not denying that.

Anyone notice how the girlfriends/wives are always the ones saying to put cars in their place when the guy doesnt even want to bother...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Hehe, is funny though. I think I don't go looking for races anymore (yes I sometimes used to), is because I know what this car can do. It's had the opposite effect on my wife. Since she knows it can go anytime someone looks like they are trying to be all that she makes some comment how our car would blow them away. Good thing she can't drive MT.

GXX
    i wouldn't have wasted my gas
    w00t!

Originally posted by STIwish
    yelled for me to get a real car and asked where I stole the badges from (apparently he thought i was rollin in a 2.5rs or somethin). .
    Easy there........

There are some 2.5 RS people lurking amidst you....

And I consider my car REAL.
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    Those Sables got nothin. Now if it was a Buick, watch out. lol
    regal GSes can be made pretty fast because they are alot like GP GTPs
    dont have a wrx.......yet
    I dont care how many stewerdesses you've bagged I still think your a lousy pilot ( if you know what show thats from i owe you a cookie)
    Onion horoscope of the week:Pisces: (Feb. 19óMarch 20)
    The stars foretell your life continuing in much the way it always has for the next few months.

Beating a sable is better then losing to a Grand Am.
    -Andrew

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast