WRX vs NSX and S4 ....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs NSX and S4 .... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last night I had a little stoplight drag to 60mph against an NSX and an S4..nice combo to line up ...

WRX vs NSX and S4 ....

last night I had a little stoplight drag to 60mph against an NSX and an S4..nice combo to line up next to... WRX by ~3 car lengths over the NSX with the S4 bringing up the rear by 60mph. I backed off at that point because Thats the only type of street racing I'll do..from a stoplight, all clear ahead, no entrances or exits for suprises and only to 60..I try and keep it fun and safe at the same time. I love this car!!

Mods:

PERFORMANCE:
    Psi-Fi Intake
    samco turbo hose kit
    APS dual vent BOV
    Unorthodox Ultra S crank pulley
    HKS headers
    PSP up-pipe
    MRT turbo back exhaust w/4in single tip
    Turbo XS stage 2 unichip w/MBC @ 16.5psi
    Subie column mount boost gauge

HANDLING:
    SSR competition rims 17x7.5 w 225/45 Sumitomo HRTZ-2's
    MRT rear adj sway bar
    White Line sway bar end links and bushings front and rear

BRAKING ...going in this weekend! :-):
    Wilwood 13.1in 2pc rotors/6 piston calipers ( front )
    Wilwood 12.9in 2pc rotors/4 piston calipers ( rear )
    Goodrich braided steel lines
    Motul600 fluid
    Hawk pads

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Nice Kill!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    awesome! i bet the NSX was surprised

Originally posted by Penguinking
    awesome! i bet the NSX was surprised
    When I glanced in my rearview mirror he looked kinda stunned.. like this.. :-O The WRX is a badass car off the line!

Cant wait unti I do a TurboXS stage 4 kit with Vf30/sti injectors/upgraded fuel pump... there will be a lot more
    :-O faces here in S. Fl. LOL.

S4's are officially in the 11's now,

and that's without any weight savings efforts yet.

so, we are catching up reaaaaal quik!

Re: S4's are officially in the 11's now,

Originally posted by Lycanthropic
    and that's without any weight savings efforts yet.

so, we are catching up reaaaaal quik!
    S4 is a sweet ride! I test drove the S4, 330xi, 330ci and the WRX when it was buying time. The reasons I chose the WRX over the rest were that it was almost 18K$ cheaper and I honestly liked the "bare bones, no luxury, all performance, factory hotrod" personality of the WRX over the S4. The S4 was awesome ( my last car was a 450+rwhp TTZ so I have a soft spot for twin turbo power ) but a little too soft/cushy and too much luxury for my personal tastes.

Considering they are basically equal in performance under 100mph ( where I do 99% of my driving now ) I couldnt justify the extra 18k$ for the S4..But I did love it and it certainly has great potential for more power. and it kicks butt at 100+mph when the engine really gets to sing.

The two cars are so different...hotrod/rally racer vs refined luxury GT...the fact people even compare them and you consider S4's as "catching up real quick" is a huge compliment to the WRX considering the vast differences in cost and purpose. I am a true auto enthusiast and enjoy the full automotive spectrum. We are all fortunate to have so many incredible choices in autos these days.

Tell you what, Im getting tired of the lack of mods available for the S4

You guys have all the luck. Mods for miles!

If you want to seriously tweak an S4, you better have a machine shop in the family, and a 3d CAD program on your PC.

I love my S4, but I miss having a car that has an endless supply of aftermarket parts; so that i can spend the weekend spinning wrenches.

At least I still have my GSXR to wrench on....................

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I love my S4, but I miss having a car that has an endless supply of aftermarket parts; so that i can spend the weekend spinning wrenches.
    That makes me curious, what kinds of mods are available for S4s? I know my dad was really thinking about getting an S4 so other than chips and exhaust (since that's all I know of based on the friendly S4 people who visit here), what other kinds of mods are there?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Nice Kill!!

and I have a question:
    How do you add the picture some have on the side of posts?

Re: Tell you what, Im getting tired of the lack of mods available for the S4

Originally posted by Lycanthropic
    You guys have all the luck. Mods for miles!

If you want to seriously tweak an S4, you better have a machine shop in the family, and a 3d CAD program on your PC.

At least I still have my GSXR to wrench on....................
    So true! That was the big draw for the WRX. I have always been a gearhead and modified every car I have owned. There are so many excellent performance mods for low$$ for the Subie! Plus it is a very easy car to work on. With all I have done so far and including the big brake kit ( which came last night..gonna be incredible! ) I still have only 31k$ total into the car. Add about 2K$ more for turbo/injector/fuel pump mods and I'll have a car easily running very low 4's to 60mph and solidly in the 12's in the 1/4, stops from 60-0 in about 105ft, and will out slalom an M3 or Z06..not to shabby for a 4 door sedan for 33k$!

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    IsraelGT, if you go to UserCP at the top right, and then go to Edit Options, at the bottom you'll see a section for Avatars. Enable yours and then follow the instructions from there
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Talking s4 is a great car

i was wondering twinz what are your performance #'s. 3 car lengths on a nsx that must have shocked the hell out of him. nice kill!
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

Re: Re: S4's are officially in the 11's now,

Originally posted by twinz

The reasons I chose the WRX over the rest were that it was almost 18K$ cheaper and I honestly liked the "bare bones, no luxury, all performance, factory hotrod" personality of the WRX .....
    I agree. There is something to be said about cars that have a raw edge about them. I think it adds to the driving pleasure, at least for myself. It's Impressive that there are cars that can do just about it all, but some of them are lacking the "Primitive Spirit" of others. This does not take away from them, its just a personal preference.

this is representative of what is easily available for the S4. If your willing to go "one off", then you can always have someone build a "relocated turbo" engine, so that you can take advantage of much larger turbos.
    Originally posted by Verdugo

That makes me curious, what kinds of mods are available for S4s? I know my dad was really thinking about getting an S4 so other than chips and exhaust (since that's all I know of based on the friendly S4 people who visit here), what other kinds of mods are there?
    http://www.s4-mtm.com/library.htm

there are alot of mods for S4..
    Most of the people do the chip mod tho, easy to install and great HP gain from it. With chip and some minor mods some of the S4 are going at 300hp..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.