Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX vs NSX and S4 ....

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  PlatinumWRX 
#1 ·
last night I had a little stoplight drag to 60mph against an NSX and an S4..nice combo to line up next to... WRX by ~3 car lengths over the NSX with the S4 bringing up the rear by 60mph. I backed off at that point because Thats the only type of street racing I'll do..from a stoplight, all clear ahead, no entrances or exits for suprises and only to 60..I try and keep it fun and safe at the same time. I love this car!!

Mods:

PERFORMANCE:
Psi-Fi Intake
samco turbo hose kit
APS dual vent BOV
Unorthodox Ultra S crank pulley
HKS headers
PSP up-pipe
MRT turbo back exhaust w/4in single tip
Turbo XS stage 2 unichip w/MBC @ 16.5psi
Subie column mount boost gauge

HANDLING:
SSR competition rims 17x7.5 w 225/45 Sumitomo HRTZ-2's
MRT rear adj sway bar
White Line sway bar end links and bushings front and rear

BRAKING ...going in this weekend! :):
Wilwood 13.1in 2pc rotors/6 piston calipers ( front )
Wilwood 12.9in 2pc rotors/4 piston calipers ( rear )
Goodrich braided steel lines
Motul600 fluid
Hawk pads

See less See more
#27 ·
twinz said:
Agreed, the APS unit is an excellent design. As an aside, I noticed a very big decrease in turbo and bov noise after replacing the stock ic hoses with the samco hoses...much quieter than when the stock silencer was first taken out for installing my intake.
twinz,

The decrease in turbo and BOV noise is immediately noticable upon Samco IC hose installation. The two tenths of a second shaved off my 1/4 mile time was also immediately noticable! :D Just from a visual inspection of the Samco hoses versus the stock POS plastic, you can tell the silicone will WAY out flow the plastic.

-Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.