300Z TT vs WRX 4eat
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 300Z TT vs WRX 4eat within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran into a 300Z last night. 2 young looking fellas were cruising around with the T tops slowing down ...

300Z TT vs WRX 4eat

I ran into a 300Z last night. 2 young looking fellas were cruising around with the T tops slowing down to check out the WRX?

As we rolled to a stoplight 2nd row from the front, I asked them if it was TT. Sure enough it was. Of course he asked if my WRX was modded. Both the cars are stock.

As the light turns green he asked if I wanted to run. I told him maybe since I really have nothing to lose (Married, Wagon). He followed us to an empty stretch of road and proceeded to cruise at 50 as we lined up.

Since he has a manual and 6 cylinders TT, I figured its only fair that I initiate the race. As I put the car in 3 and gunned it. I expected the Z to fly by me quicker than I can say #!#%! I heard his engine come to life and he quickly pulled up to my rear doors. Surprisingly, He couldn't pull on the WRX and proceeded to fall BACK about 3 car lengths after hearing what sounded like a BOV. I was like WTF? While my wife was screaming and laughing, I had to ask myself... Did this 4eat wagon just wipe the floor with a 300Z TT? This HAS to be a dream!!

Figuring the race is over I rolled to the next stoplight (no ricer fly by), I asked them again if their car was stock after hearing the loud BOV. They told me it was actually the driver having a mis-shift. They told me that if all the WRX are this fast, they wouldn't wanna run into a STI

My wife had to mention to them that our WRX was an auto before turning off. Man, the expression on their face was priceless

I have to start carrying around my camera/camcorder combo with me from now on. If someone told me this story, Id prolly call a big BS on it Then again, I think I just got butt lucky. I'll enjoy it while it lasts

Cool guys, nice car. The best race always come when you are not looking for it......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

I told him maybe since I really have nothing to lose (Married, Wagon).
    LOL!

If not for the misshift he would have probably passed you. Of course a lot of those cars are old and have a little trouble here and there. But at the top end they should be able to beat a WRX easy enough if they driver doesn't have the suck.
    -Andrew

Nice Kill. I have a friend with a 300z TT but its automatic..He wants to run...I have a stick, I think ill take him off the line but I think those car's top ends are really quick.
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

I have a friend with one too, someday he will mod it after he fixed the problems with it. But his is a stick.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    If not for the misshift he would have probably passed you. Of course a lot of those cars are old and have a little trouble here and there. But at the top end they should be able to beat a WRX easy enough if they driver doesn't have the suck.
    No joke. I was bending over waiting for my rear to get kicked. I BEGGED my wife to upgrade her car and incidents like this are making it very hard to convince her that it is needed

WRX
    lol, at first I thought you said 350Z TT. But those are N/A.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Was it a white TT? My cousin lives down in that area and drives one of those. Good kill with the 4EAT!!

j
    Waiting to hit the lottery to get an STI!

Originally posted by redtruck
    Was it a white TT? My cousin lives down in that area and drives one of those. Good kill with the 4EAT!!

j
    Now that I think about it... I think it WAS a white one. For some odd reason I thought it was black but I think it was white....

youre right you got butt lucky ;p
    04 SVT Lightning

those things run 300hp stock if i remember correctly

you got lucky!! there gorgeous cars though, and expensive. i went and looked at a 93 that wasnt TT and it was selling for like $10,000. i laughed at the guy, but i havent seen any for much cheaper then that.
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

What times do those 300Z TT's run anyway?
    I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

300TT stock will run about a 13.9, but thats if the engine is in good condition and the turbos, goodluck finding alot like that.... but with a boost Cntrl and 1 or 2 bolt ons.. they can easily his low 13's - high 12's, There down fall is the launch, 222 N/A Hp with out the turbos. But from the highway stay clear.... 300tt's Supra tt's and Some bad Ls1's are the kings of the highway...... Imo
    Stock Dyno:
    231 Hp 232 Tq

I Support ClubWRX
    I always loved the 300Z TT. I actually test drove one when it was new back in '92, but decided against it for financial reasons. Back then we had the 300, Stealth RT/2000GT VR4, and Supra TT. Are there ANY V6 turbos on the new car market these days, twin or otherwise? Now that the S4 has gone NA, I can't think of any...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Two days after I had been pulled over a kid in a stock 1992 300ZX Twin Turbo pulled up next to me at light on RT. 611 in Abington, Pa by my school. He asked if I was stock and if I wanted to race, because he was stock. Under normal circumstances i would have said yes, but due to the amout of traffic and location, and my recent infraction, i turned it down. He obviously thought i was a puss and he took off real fast weaving in and out of traffic, and he was gone. Sure enough I came over a hill and i saw Mr. Tough guy pulled over (haha sucka) and I just thought to myself boy was i lucky i had some common sense on that day! It was VERY funny, I consider it my best kill yet!!!! lol

PS. As for current V6 TT motors? The Audi Allroad, and the A6 2.7T which use the previous generation S4 2.7 Twin Turbo making 250 HP. Even in the 6spd, the A6 2.7T isnt anything to special.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.