Subaru WRX Forum banner

E46 M3 Anyone?

8K views 94 replies 22 participants last post by  chuglobal 
#1 ·
Does anyone know someone or who personally has 2001+ E46 M3 around the Atlanta area that wouldn't mind giving me a quick race someday? I would only saw 1 guy w/ a new M3 but he left before I could talk to him. I would like to see how my REX does against a $60K car. :p

#3 ·
Haha...

You really think so ... I still feel that it might be close IF I get a launch and he'd probably woop me if I didn't? M3 does 0-60 in 4.8 which is my average which means I NEED a good launch. I NEVER race above 100mph and getting me to go 100mph is taking alot ... I only race w/ Tom to 100mph. My races are usually 0-70mph :p. What makes you think I could actually take a 2000+ M3 on 0-70mph or 10-70mph? I'd like to know your secret?

#5 ·
Haha...

I'm all over that ... my theory is that "If you're afraid to play w/ your new toy you shouldn't have bought it because you CAN'T afford to use it!" to its full potnetial. :p I give my brother the same lecture sometimes because I don't think he drives his S2000 around me hard enough. He says he does but just not around me. ;) Dude I so wanna lay the smack down on a M3 ... just for personal satisfaction. I don't care if I tie, beat, or even get beat by it ... I just wanna see by how much.:D

#6 ·
It was exactly what I said in another post. Most ppl with really
fast European cars don't race. It is for show. How often you see
a F40, M3, MB in the local hangout chilling with us commers :D

So to me they are hardly part of the import scence. Btw Globalchu
when you find a E46 M3 give it hell :D Just being able to keep up
would have shock the guy hahhaha

#10 ·
i can't wait to take on an m3 myself. i just finished installing the stage zero kit, and hopefully that'll bring me close to m3-like performance. theres this kid in my development who owns an m3 and he just brushed me off one day like i was some piece of trash. now that i got my kit in i wanna show him up.

go get those m3's, chuglobal!

#12 ·
God said:
You guys with stock turbos are going to get killed. I raced and kept dead even with one with my Stage I package on the highway. Later I beat a convertible badly with my current stage of modification but those things are REALLY fast especially from a roll.
oh i know its pretty likely i'll get killed in an m3 race...in fact, i'm almost sure of it. i just have alot of angst :D

#13 ·
Haha...

I'm just having fun ... ego no ego whatever. If I go up to some and say "I lost to a 2002+ M3..." people will just be like "Yeah we figured especially since it costs $60K+" However if I won ... umm we all know the story. Also I don't race on the hwy unless it's planned and starting at a LOW speed ie: 35-55 up to maybe 90-100mph. I don't like racing a high speeds because it's not something I commonly do anyways. However I do drive 0-70mph all the time such as getting onto the hwy. :p

#15 ·
Yo

Thank you, thank you ... for your reply. I haven't done the 1/4 since my last mod but I'm hoping for 13.8+/-. I usually only care about 0-60 since I can use that all day long. If you don't mind I'd like to go against you. If you want to meet me at the 120 Loop we can do some quick runs pretty safely. :p

#18 ·
Yo

I emailed him a few hours ago and he has yet to respond ... no big deal. I fill everyone in ever if I get smoked and of course if I do the smoking.;)

#19 ·
Update

One guy was nice enough to accept my race for tonight but he only wanted to do rolls ... 40-X. Well my post stated 0-70, he seemed hesitant about "stopping" on the 120 Loop but I feel that 0-70 w/ stopping is much safer than 40-100 on 285/85/75. He was stating how he smoked a S4 on the hwy from 40-X but I was like umm I won't race on the hwy unless it's at least 70mph. I just don't get some people. :( 0-70 is 0-70 not 40-X. I just wanna see how an M3 would fair on a street race ... which would mean 0-70. ;)

#22 ·
Yo

Didn't you say 3-4 car lengths which in my books would be smoking it. It's it was 1/2 or 3/4 which is not even 1 car length then I consider it a tie or close enough. Just like a stock S2000 and WRX w/ MBC and uppipe is tie or close enough :p. I'd still go tonight after I pickup my brother at the 120 Loop!:D

#23 ·
Humm ...

Also so basically a stock S4 vs. stock M3 was pretty close on a 40-X hwy race? Give me a call and let me know you stance for tonight.

#25 ·
Race Results ...

Ok so Clark and I meet up at the Texaco off Powers Ferry and the 120 Loop at 7:30pm earlier tonight. Clark has a friend in the passenger seat who weighs 150lbs but has a near empty tank of gas since his orange light was on. I have everything in my car as always. :D
1st run at 0-70 I bog and the M3 takes way off. 2nd run at 10-70 we were neck and neck. 3rd run 40-80 I get an ok launch around 4.5K and I pull in 1st while tying halfway through 2nd and I can tell the M3 was starting to pull near the end of 2nd. 4th run 20-70 I grinded 2nd to 3rd so it was all over. 5th run 10-80 we're neck and neck as usual. The M3 would usually pull around the middle to end of 2nd gear but not like walking away. If both of us were shifting and going as normal we were side by side 1st - 3rd ( beginning of 3rd ). No one pasted the other car by 1/2 a car length EVER from X-80.
Synposis the M3 is FAST. The M3 has power so even if the M3 losses a launch it has the power to pull back ... I guess that's what you get w/ a $55K+ car. Clark, owner of the M3, took me for a spin on the 120 Loop doing 125+ mph in the turns and the M3 just kept going ... I was very impressed ... alot of power and torque. However the WRX is the bomb still .... :devil:. $28K car pulling 0-60 in 4.8sec racing against another 4.7 car. A $25K car + $1.5K in mods and you have a street car racing aganist $50K+ cars. I am very pleased w/ the outcome and it was definitely fun. Clark I really do appreciate you coming out tonight. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.