S430

This is a discussion on S430 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; S430 and I come to a light. I think he wants some. Not sure, though. <condensed beginning, I had a ...

S430

S430 and I come to a light. I think he wants some. Not sure, though.

<condensed beginning, I had a long intro *haha*>

The light was about to turn green, but we weren't really stopped yet...Maybe slowing to about 5 mph.

Then it turned green.

He gunned it immediately. I was like...Ah shet, I didn't think he was going to do that. I didn't have the rpm's up, so my launch sucked. I kept thinking go, dammit, go! But, the turbo wasn't having it...Those precious moments trying to get from 2k up to 3k rpms take forever!

Finally I get sucked into my seat. Ooh ya baby, what a feeling. By this time, the S430 was a good 1.5 cars in front of me. By the end of first gear, he wasn't pulling no more. Second gear came through and we kept going. I noticed I started pulling on him ever so slightly.

The next light was coming up fast, so I decided I wasn't going to take it into third. I stayed in second gear until I just about hit redline, then let off the gas and put it into fourth.

Then he slammed on his brakes I looked over. He didn't look. He made a right into a parking lot.

That boat was pretty quick. I guess my suckass launch didn't help, though.

I need an upgrade kit!! I'm stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    its so annoying when ppl look at you but you don't know for sure if they wanna race so you don't start revving your engine like a jackass, but once the light turns green they launch it and you're left bogging 2k in 1st gear and 2 car lengths behind

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Penguinking
    its so annoying when ppl look at you but you don't know for sure if they wanna race so you don't start revving your engine like a jackass, but once the light turns green they launch it and you're left bogging 2k in 1st gear and 2 car lengths behind
    Well said
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Bingo's philosophy...

When in doubt, rev it, floor it, wave bye bye!!
    Don't flame. Be nice

I Support ClubWRX
    Yesterday I took the LONG WAY home again through Saratoga, a very affluent city in the bay area. So I come up to a light and a brand new Porsche 911 convertible comes up. The guy starts to look at my car. He revs his motor so I look over and he looks at me and like gives me a dirty look, snobby ass rich older man. So the light turns green, I get an excellent lauch rev out 1st to 6k, I get into 2nd and look around where is he. He didn't even try to race. What the hell is that engine revving for then. Why buy a car like that if you aren't going to at least wind it out once in a while. I know I would have gotten smoked, but still I would love to at least race one.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    Yesterday I took the LONG WAY home again through Saratoga, a very affluent city in the bay area. So I come up to a light and a brand new Porsche 911 convertible comes up. The guy starts to look at my car. He revs his motor so I look over and he looks at me and like gives me a dirty look, snobby ass rich older man. So the light turns green, I get an excellent lauch rev out 1st to 6k, I get into 2nd and look around where is he. He didn't even try to race. What the hell is that engine revving for then. Why buy a car like that if you aren't going to at least wind it out once in a while. I know I would have gotten smoked, but still I would love to at least race one.
    second most annoying thing: when people pull up to you at a light and start revving like a jackass, making you think they want to race, then you rev your engine and launch the car, and the other dude is behind you driving normally

You just can't win