I have a problem with everyone complaining about our top end!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I have a problem with everyone complaining about our top end!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I race S2000s all the time now, it's either another WRX or S2000 ... because we all know each other ...

Well ...

I race S2000s all the time now, it's either another WRX or S2000 ... because we all know each other . Well it's getting kind of boring w/ NO variety ... w/ my mods can I take a S2000 stock or little modded one from a roll and definitely from a launch. I wanna race some people w/ Z28, SS, TransAm, Corba, Saleen, M3 ( E36 & E46 ), Boxster S, 911, etc. I guess since my groups of friends all own the same car, I wonder why, it's getting boring now. I feel that a stock WRX is more of a challenge on a "street" races than a S2000 while the S2000 is way better on "hwy" races.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the problem isnt the turbo!

Originally posted by VetteVert
    I've only driven my WRX, which is bone stock ATM. Top end is atrocious. Completely falls on it's face after 80-85mph. > 100 is absolutely pathetic.

So is there any turbo option that will bump top end (without sacrificing all bottom end) without fuel upgrades?

VV

You dont have to upgrade the turbo. The problem is the complete POS stock exhaust system!!!. get headers/uppipe/turbo back exhaust and the car will pull hard all the way to redline instead of falling on its face at 5500rpms. add a Vishnu or TurboXS unichip or some other engine management/boost upgrades and you'll be amazed at what power you can get with the stock turbo.

At least go with a uppipe and a turbo back system to free up the cars breathing. The stock turboback setup has the wastegate side gasses hitting a flat plate and creating tons of heat and backpressure and drastically reducing performance. And the stock precat uppipe in a complete power killer also.

RSXracer200
    hate to tell you but if u wanna hall ass on the highway u bought the worst car possable. personaly i do more highway racing then anything else so thats y i bought my car. the wrx has everything going against it from a role 1. awd, 2. bad drag coefficent, 3. heavy, 4. bad gearing. the wrx will always be faster then rsx off the line but rsx will always be faster then wrx from a role......stock vs. stock wrx kills rsx from a stop but rsx wins top end quite easily. stock rsx can run top end with a 13.7-13.5sec wrx.

ALWAY??????
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200
    hate to tell you but if u wanna hall ass on the highway u bought the worst car possable. personaly i do more highway racing then anything else so thats y i bought my car. the wrx has everything going against it from a role 1. awd, 2. bad drag coefficent, 3. heavy, 4. bad gearing. the wrx will always be faster then rsx off the line but rsx will always be faster then wrx from a role......stock vs. stock wrx kills rsx from a stop but rsx wins top end quite easily. stock rsx can run top end with a 13.7-13.5sec wrx.
    um....with a 13.7 sec wrx?? that kindof car goes pretty fast man. how fast is the stock rsx from a roll, or on the highway? (no flaming, just curious)

RSXracer200
    well i see u guys doing 13.7 or so at about 96mph when stock rsxs are running 15.1-14.9 at about 94mph. the trap speeds are very close meaning the wrx is out ahead by over a second but the rsx is quickly ganna start closing the gap if the race went on longer and would eventualy pass it.

its all a comprimize wrx will be the fastest in the 1/4 but rsx will be the fastest from a role.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    ah, i see what you mean.

plus the rsx is a 6-spd too, which is cool

but jus wait for the sti, now thats gonna whup up!

its roll, not role. hah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.