350Z and taillights...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350Z and taillights... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving around town on my way to a friends house. I was approaching a traffic light that was ...

I Support ClubWRX

350Z and taillights...

I was driving around town on my way to a friends house. I was approaching a traffic light that was red, but I saw that the opposing light had turned yellow, so I cruised towards the intersection where a 350Z was waiting at the light. Right before I got there, the light turned green so I got back on the gas and was gonna pass the Z. Apparently, he thought he should be leading (the two lanes turned into 1 lane shortly after the light), so he got on the gas pretty hard. Never turning down a challenge, I got on it hard too and passed him. Well after that, he tailgated me really tight until the next light. After that light, there is technically only 1 lane, but it's very wide and people usually can pass there if they need/want. Well, the light turned green and the Z immediately cut over to my left and tried to pass hard. I made a normal start from the light and waited till he pulled up along side me, then gassed it hard. By the top of second I had already pulled so that he was at my back bumper. I shifted into third and really started to pull until I shut down. At this point the lane narrowed up again at a stopsign and stayed that way until the next light. He pulled up next to me at the light and rolled down his window and said that my car was a pos and I should get out of his way. I very calmly nodded to him and said "I know you got a good look... Do I have a taillight out?" He decided very suddenly to make a quick right and leave as I laughed.... I love sticking it to pretentious bastards
    Last edited by MidKnight; 09-30-2003 at 08:51 AM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha, great line
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

Haha i think im going to have to use that next time someone yells at me.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

"I know you got a good look... Do I have a taillight out?"

that is the best line i think i ever heard after a race !!!!!!!!

nice kill
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

I gotta hear that one more time...

"I know you got a good look... Do I have a taillight out?"

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I love the 350Z, but most people that I see driving it look like the type of people that would say those things that your "friend" in the 350Z said to you. I mean I really love the car, but I don't want to be associated with those type of people, and I have yet to see one at a auto-x, shows you a little more about who drives them. Ah well he deserved to be stuck behind you

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

SWEET!!!

HAHA.. I'm gonna have to steal that line. Great Kill

-alex

Nice Kill! Great story. I've had a few Z's try to pass me too with no luck. They won't even acknowledge my car, like it's beneath them. Oh well at least their behind me!!!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

<kinda ot>I look at the 350z and think how much more I prefer the 300zx (3rd gen - turbo). First car I ever did over 100 in and first time catching air in a car. LOL As a kid, I thought the wedge shaped aqua-Bond Lotus was the ish, so the late 80's wedgie 300zx was easy to love.</kinda ot>

Some day I'll drive something that impractical and when I do, I won't be an @ss about it like the guy you had checking out your tail lights.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I Support ClubWRX
    I love the 350z.... it's a gorgeous car that handles well. But the experiences I've had with Z owners are not ones that cast them in a good light.
    As far as the 300zx-tt... I love that car. I think they're just amazing cars and they can really haul...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

That's awesome. I gotta keep that line in mind... It amazes me, though, that someone hates being passed so badly that they try to race you like that, then actually tell you off at a light...and it's amazing that someone could call a WRX a POS.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

It just goes to show you how ignorant some people are. Anyone that considers themselves a car enthusiast should know what the WRX can do.
    '04 WRB WRX Sedan

LMAO You handled that quite well my friend
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I Support ClubWRX
    I was amazed at how pissed the guy was. He got even more mad when I made that comment because I think he was expecting some young punk to get into a shouting match with him at the light so he could justify it all to himself. I wasn't gonna give him that satisfaction...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast