Owned by AMG
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Owned by AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way to work this morning around 5:30am. I was doing about 80mph when I came up ...

I Support ClubWRX

Owned by AMG

I was on my way to work this morning around 5:30am. I was doing about 80mph when I came up on a little traffic, doing the speed limit. I see a pair of HID's coming up quick right behind me. There are two cars in front of me in the fast lane. There is only 2 lanes. The slow lane has a few cars as well. Well the fast lane opens up. I downshift into 4th, and take off. The pair of HID's is on my bumper. I can tell it is a Mercedes because of the light set-up.

I punch it in 4th. I got 90mph. He is still stuck to my bumper. I got 100mph. Still there. I got 110mph. Still there. I got 120 Still there and not bugging. Usually I will leave people from behind me easily whenever I have tried before. An opening appears for him and he comes around me like I was standing still. I was like, whoa. He then merges and exits to Los Gatos. It looked to be a black S55 AMG or a S600 V12. I was laughing and giving him props the whole time. I was actually yelling out loud, WOOOHOOOO. Almost like the Duke Boys, but without the HeeeHawwww.

I found some stats on the S55 AMG.

Cylinders V8; Liters 5.5; Fuel Induction SFI Sprchg; HP 493; Torque 516;

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...12&&Sedans&&nc

And the S600:

Cylinders V12; Liters 5.8; Fuel Induction 36V SFI; HP 493; Torque 590;

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...12&&Sedans&&nc

Man I want a MB now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i see quite a few of these around boston. absolutely beautiful machines.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

600 is an amazing piece of work. Reviewed this week in the Washington Post. If it was a 600, the guy must have turned off the electronic sensor to keep him away from you.

If it makes you feel better (or maybe worse), the car you were OWNED in cost less than his optional accessories.

Some highlights from the Post article....
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Sep26.html

The difference, in this case, came in the form of a 5.5-liter, 493-horsepower V-12 engine capable of moving the CL600 from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. At least, that's what the engineers at Mercedes-Benz claimed. We didn't try to clock that speed ourselves.

There was no macho exhaust note, no grunt-and-launch acceleration. There was nothing except speed, delivered so smoothly it was frightening.

Mercedes-Benz's Distronic uses a radar-based sensor to maintain a preset distance between you and the car or truck ahead of you. It automatically varies the car's throttle opening and applies partial braking force (up to 20 percent of maximum braking power) to maintain the preset driving distance.

kurlee...

i just looked and saw that you are a stage 4 also...man that merc has to be amazing.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    kurlee...

i just looked and saw that you are a stage 4 also...man that merc has to be amazing.
    Not really. 493 crank hp and better gearing to 300 hp.

Man, I couldn't stop thinking of how BAD A$$ that MB is. I want one.

Yeah right.

Re: Owned by AMG

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    I was actually yelling out loud, WOOOHOOOO. Almost like the Duke Boys, but without the HeeeHawwww.
    ...or like Paul Walker in 2 Fast 2 Furious
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Owned by AMG

Originally posted by WRXin'
    ...or like Paul Walker in 2 Fast 2 Furious
    LOL!!!!!

No the Duke Boys are 1000000% better than 2F2F!!!

Re: Re: Re: Owned by AMG

LOL!!!!!

You are correct, sir.

LOL!!!!!

there is no competition
    -Brian

LOL!!!!!

I'm assuming that I made the right decision in not seeing 2F2F then...since no one likes it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

So hold on a sec, you kept up on the highway with an SC S55 or TT S600 to 120mph with your VF22 Stage IV WRX . Just looking for some clarification.
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 09-30-2003 at 07:49 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

No, I think he blocked him from going any faster until the road opened up, from my reading. I drove an S55 last night and it was extremely fast. No drama, just smooth fantastic acceleration and very little wheelspin from a stop. Watch out for those even from a stop. We may have to start racing from 0 to 30 mph to beat them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dsel
    600 is an amazing piece of work. Reviewed this week in the Washington Post. If it was a 600, the guy must have turned off the electronic sensor to keep him away from you.

If it makes you feel better (or maybe worse), the car you were OWNED in cost less than his optional accessories.

Some highlights from the Post article....
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Sep26.html

The difference, in this case, came in the form of a 5.5-liter, 493-horsepower V-12 engine capable of moving the CL600 from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. At least, that's what the engineers at Mercedes-Benz claimed. We didn't try to clock that speed ourselves.

There was no macho exhaust note, no grunt-and-launch acceleration. There was nothing except speed, delivered so smoothly it was frightening.

Mercedes-Benz's Distronic uses a radar-based sensor to maintain a preset distance between you and the car or truck ahead of you. It automatically varies the car's throttle opening and applies partial braking force (up to 20 percent of maximum braking power) to maintain the preset driving distance.
    Just for clarification, isn't the distronic a speed control device used as cruise control? It senses the distance to the car in front and maintains the set distance once you engage it. I don't believe it would prevent someone from getting up on a car's bumper in front if the driver is using the throttle. I personally hate those things as it sets off radar detectors miles away.

just an fyi
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Originally posted by madmmt
    No, I think he blocked him from going any faster until the road opened up, from my reading. I drove an S55 last night and it was extremely fast. No drama, just smooth fantastic acceleration and very little wheelspin from a stop. Watch out for those even from a stop. We may have to start racing from 0 to 30 mph to beat them.
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm pretty sure he wasn't even going WOT while behind him the whole time. Those cars are sick on the highway, especially the TT 600.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

my moms ex bf drove a s55... SICK car.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast