WRX vs Type R !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Type R ! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, Yesterday, on my way home on the hyway I see a yellow type R in my rearview a few ...

WRX vs Type R !

Hey,

Yesterday, on my way home on the hyway I see a yellow type R in my rearview a few cars back. He is trying to get through a block of cars and speed off like usual ( I see him once a week doing this.) But now I'm broken-in so we are good to go.

I move infront of a slower car in the right lane. Two cars in front of the Type R go past me on the left and I see him holding back. I slow down more to make more of a gap in front of us to run a little. He cathces up to me. And just about when his bumper is at my front wheel, I hear that unmistakable Type R VTEC sound.
    He drops and so do I, I was crusing in fith, and dropped to third. I don't know what speed we were going, sorry.

So on comes BOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT and I am pulling quite well on the Type R. He's about three feet behind me by the top of third. I shift in forth and pull a little more and then let off. The type R is still behind me.

But then he passses me and drives off like a dumb ass. He had a muffler so large, no exadgeration, you could easily stick a grapefruite in there, no problem!

My first race in the WRX. And I was grinning for quite a while. I'm sure if we had the room and took the race to the toip of forth he would have walked on me, but as far as this race:
    WRX 1 - Type r 0
    First time booster

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah ...

I raced a Type R when I was stock a few months ago. I was coming from South to North on Ga 400 at the toll booth. I in the far right lane and planned to launch from the toll booth. I start reving after depositing my 50 cents and I hear a tire chirp but it wasn't mine? I wait about a second and look around and see no one so I launch at 5K as usual and I go thru first and second and stop right after I get in third. Next thing I know I see a black Type R coming up quick on my left. He just sits right behind me but slowly passes me. He cruised beside me for a few seconds and starting going. I was assuming he wanted to race so we both "slowly" get on the merge ramp for 400N > 285E. I see him start slowing down so I was like ... ok I guess I'll slow down too. We both slow to 55mph in a 55mph. He's waiting for me to go and I'm waiting for him to go ... I don't like jumping because I'd feel I'd have an advantage. Well I finally see black smoke coming from his tailpipes so I then go ... umm about a 2sec reaction time. I started in 3rd and we finished 3rd together and both stopped. I started to pull about 1/2 - 3/4 of a car on the Type R in 3rd till about 5.5K but then we were even and we both shut down at 90mph which is the end of 3rd. I followed him for a bit and we both get off at the next exit. He was going home and honks 2 times at me when I passed him and he seemed cool w/ everything.
    Well point was that on a roll the WRX was able to keep up w/ a Type R on the hwy to 90mph+. I'm sure it would have also walked away from if we kept going. Well after gauging myself w/ an S2000 in the stock form and also after all of my mods now ... I'm sure I'd walk away at a "fast" pace if I went up against another Type R on the hwy. Launching I don't even need to go there because everyone know who we are at a light. I'll race another Type R, RSX Type S, S2000, w/ mods with any hestitation ... unless I hear a BOV ... because a 2500lbs car w/ a turbo would run around use at anything but a 0-70 mph run.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

At the race track, I clearly noted that a Type R started walking away at about 100 mph on the straight (I have TurboXS stage 1 Unichip). And frankly, it handled better than my WRX (stock suspension) in the esses. We're definitely faster up to the end of third gear, though. And we have four doors and A/C.

Personally I'm shocked that these races were that close. I went up against a stock Type R about a month ago and I handed him his a$$. And before any of you say that he probably wasn't racing, yes, he was. I think the only advantage that the Type R might have over us is handling.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Re: Yeah ...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Next thing I know I see a black Type R coming up quick on my left.
    I don't think the Type R was ever made in black.

Re: Re: Yeah ...

Originally posted by 2001S4

I don't think the Type R was ever made in black.

SMACK!!!!
    Are you crazy man? 00-01 Yellow and Black
    First time booster

Re: Re: Re: Yeah ...

Originally posted by Gotsol

SMACK!!!!
    Are you crazy man? 00-01 Yellow and Black
    How the hell does stating that I didn't THINK that a type R was made in black make me crazy?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah ...

How the hell does stating that I didn't THINK that a type R was made in black make me crazy?
    Name a car that doesn't come in black I can't think of one right off hand.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Favorite Passenger Comment: I feel like we're about to go lightspeed!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah ...

It's just for drama, relax
    First time booster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah ...

Originally posted by The Enemy

Name a car that doesn't come in black I can't think of one right off hand.
    The earlier Type R's did not come in black. Many cars come out with limited color choices and then later have more choices added.

Would you guys please stop bitching at each other about every little thing. I feel like I'm at the clubsi.com forum.
    Flapatax Mud Flaps

Originally posted by Flyboy
    Would you guys please stop bitching at each other about every little thing. I feel like I'm at the clubsi.com forum.
    WoRd, cRaZY BitcHES In HEre!
    JK
    First time booster

Originally posted by Flyboy
    What the hell are you talking about?

97 Teg type R White
    00-02 Yellow and Black.

There are A LOT of fake type R's out there. You can usually note the difference by rim and wing. But just by looking at the emblem might not tell the whole story. If you pulled on him like crazy with a stock WRX, it is probably just a GS or LS.

I'm talking about you making an ass out of yourself by calling someone out about the color of a car. Let's try to have more constructive discussions and not point out every little thing in someone's post. We don't need all the dead air.
    Flapatax Mud Flaps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast