WRX vs Type R ! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Type R ! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Point being they are fast stock vs. stock as "hwy" speeds. Well I usually don't race on the hwy anyways ...

Well ...

Point being they are fast stock vs. stock as "hwy" speeds. Well I usually don't race on the hwy anyways ... well unless I'm in the mood. However either way I race anyone on the hwy and local roads. Local roads are more fun because I can see them wondering what the hell just happened when a 4 door car w/ a bike on the roof just toasted them.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No it was authentic, it was my friend's car.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    I'm talking about you making an ass out of yourself by calling someone out about the color of a car. Let's try to have more constructive discussions and not point out every little thing in someone's post. We don't need all the dead air.
    You are without a doubt the one making an ASS out of yourself here. The point is that there are plenty of fake Type R's on the road. As someone stated, it may not have been a true Type R. And the fact that I thought there was no Type R's in black gave me the idea that maybe this particular Type R was not in fact a Type R. I made NO negative comments and NO negative tones. I think YOU need to chill and watch your tone.

Would you guys please stop bitching at each other about every little thing. I feel like I'm at the clubsi.com forum.

Wouldn't you call this "Dead Air"?

There you go again..................

Aren't there any Audi forums that you can frequent?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Flyboy
    There you go again..................

Aren't there any Audi forums that you can frequent?
    OK smart guy, tell me what was wrong with my posts in this thread, exluding the ones directed to you.

dude- guys!
    clubwrx is a great place where a lot of great discussion and sharing goes on- please, if you have issues w/ each other- use the PMs. but- i'm w/ flyboy on this.
    let's nOt TuRn ThIs iNtO cLubSi
    www.realultimatepower.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah ...

Originally posted by 2001S4

How the hell does stating that I didn't THINK that a type R was made in black make me crazy?
    Relax, Francis.

[QUOTE]
    The biggest reason being only that I have seen the same thing happen on other forums, and they quickly went south after repeated posts like this. It really generated quite a bit of extra bandwidth that was unnecessary and really hurt the perfomance of the sites. I would not like to see this happen here. I am sorry if you deem it unnecessary, did not intend to start flame wars, just either run off the guilty parties, OR preferably, shows these individuals the light. Maybe they can still be reformed early.
    Last edited by bedabi; 04-16-2002 at 10:13 AM.

Type-Rs B18C not only does come in BLACK, they actually come in 2 different types of Black. The difference is the colour of the metallic undertone to the black. 1's got more sparkles.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Last week I was taking the LONG way home down Stevens Creek and I got up to a light and a White Type R got up along side. It was lowered to the ground, had a lot of beat, and some teenage kid in it looking over at my REX up and down. I gave him a glance, kind of like an annoying mosquito that keeps buzzing around my ear. So he started revving his engine as to make me look over. I kind of gave him an annoyed look. The light turned green, and I heard his intake so I knew he wanted some. I revved out 1st to 6k, and 2nd to 4k and looked over, oops not next to me, looked in my rear view, wow he was about 3 car lengths behind, and then I let off. I was doing 55 in a 35 so I slowed down and let the grapefruit and plane wing Type R go by. I didn't think I would spank him so bad. TYPE R GOTS NOTHING ON WRX.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

Originally posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    TYPE R GOTS NOTHING ON WRX.
    Going straight up to the end of third gear, yes, our cars are considerably faster.

But I have seen on the race track how the Type R handles the esses better and slowly walks away from me at about 100 mph, when we are in fourth gear and they hit their VTEC "zone".

And with my light mods, I'm faster than you are, Kurlee.

I feel like I'm at the clubsi.com forum
    lol i with you!

2001S4, you are a bit bitchy. you always either make a snide comment or get super defensive. relax. whatever you meant, everyone read it the same way, you called him out on the color. you were off.

it's not just this post dude. you say you are an auto buff and that you are interested in all cars, but you rarely contribute anything of value or ask good questions. you're almost a troller.

the type r is a nice ride, just too small for me. my brother is looking into getting one, but the last one was BEAT on. they are pretty tough to find out here. are they more common in CA or any other states?

i've never run one either, but i know the GS is not even fun to play with.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex

lol i with you!

2001S4, you are a bit bitchy. you always either make a snide comment or get super defensive. relax. whatever you meant, everyone read it the same way, you called him out on the color. you were off.

it's not just this post dude. you say you are an auto buff and that you are interested in all cars, but you rarely contribute anything of value or ask good questions. you're almost a troller.

the type r is a nice ride, just too small for me. my brother is looking into getting one, but the last one was BEAT on. they are pretty tough to find out here. are they more common in CA or any other states?

i've never run one either, but i know the GS is not even fun to play with.

dR
    As far as you saying I am bitchy, that is your view. I don't contribute more now cause I got tired of crap like this. I used to post meaningful stuff and was immediately targeted cause I drive an S4. After a month or two of that, I simply stopped caring I guess. I am no troll. As far as "calling" him on the color, I did not imply he was lying or anything of the sort. The earlier Type R's evidently were the ones that were not available in black. I was mistaken in thinking that none of the Type R's were available in black. I am sure glad that some of you guys are never mistaken. As far as the Type R being a nice car, I agree. I always liked Integras and I almost bought one, but you are right, it is just too small. Nevertheless, it is a good, reliable, car with descent power (VTEC models), and lots of potential. If it makes you happy, I concede, Type R's were made in black and I just did not know that.

stock vs stock, from a 30mph punch to 100.. wrx will lose.
    From a dead stop, 0-60 .. we will win. Pick your battle wisely.

I Support ClubWRX

And with my light mods, I'm faster than you are, Kurlee.

Why does it have to be like that bedabi. I am bone stock right now. Just waiting for my clubwrx stickers and that extra 50 hp and you will see my taillights. J/K

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL RICE HATER)

I've ran a RSX Type-R already and wasn't really impressed with it. The guy had a nice C-West front end on it but not near the brute force in the 0-400m of a tuned Pulsar. I've run a turbo'd ITR though and he was fun. 0-400m still not fast enough cause of the limits of the FWD but had it been a onger or road race he would have won. Then again I run out of gears at the 120mph mark. A close ratio rally trans is thanks to that though. Accelerates like a bullet but drops off up on the top end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.