The Danger's (Very Graphic Pictures of People)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The Danger's (Very Graphic Pictures of People) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This isn't supposed to discourage anyone from enjoying our cars, but here's a link to a site that might make ...

The Danger's

This isn't supposed to discourage anyone from enjoying our cars, but here's a link to a site that might make you reconsider those crazy speeds. Anyway the link is to a site of a ferrari that has crashed at 280 km per hour and it's very graphic!!! 280km~180+mph. http://www.amplus.com.br/crashed/ferrari/ferrari1.htm
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahhh, I am eating,,,,,, bargh,,,,,,
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Unhappy that may be the worst thing i have ever seen

he must have been flying.

still want a ferrari though
    99 m3

ecis cai
    jtd underpanel
    bridgestone S03's
    more to come!

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    holy crap dude....are ferarris safe cars?? i dont normally take my wrx over 100 anyway.

how fast is 280kph?

280 km/hr is around 180 mph. Look at the road he did it on. 2 lanes he must be a freakin dumba**. This happened in Brazil by the way. But even in a Ferrari and from what i can tell it looks like a 308gt or so i can't imagine it being too stable, hit a bump, a little swerve, tap a guardrail, and there you go.
    autobahn storming scooby

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    damn....ppl should save that stuff for the drag strip or the race track. no reason, NONE! to go that fast on a public road. i just dont see how much more a thrill you get by going 100 or 180. i just go the usuall 70. and for those of yall living in houston, we'll all soon be going 55 (grrr....stupid new driving laws )

oh man..... now.. i'm really sick.... but it does teach us all a lesson on road racing...

--RaCinWRX

Oh well ...

Natural Selection ... idiot doing 180mph +/- ... he chose to do it and now he's dead ... oh darn. I usually don't race past 70mph on local roads and 100mph on the hwy ... of which I hardly ever get raced so it's not even a big deal ... must be the roof rack.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Re: Oh well ...

100mph will kill a car load of kids pretty much as well as 180...

Originally posted by chuglobal
    Natural Selection ... idiot doing 180mph +/- ... he chose to do it and now he's dead ... oh darn. I usually don't race past 70mph on local roads and 100mph on the hwy ... of which I hardly ever get raced so it's not even a big deal ... must be the roof rack.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Ok, I quit looking after the first body shot. Way too graphic for me.... Be careful guys (gals, too).
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

A few years back in Silverspring where they race without speed limit
    on a open highway ( sanction by the local gov ). A doctor and his
    wife with a Ferrari entered the race. They failed the tech because they
    did not have Z rated tires on their car. Of course the doctor and his
    wife bitched about it and finally the offical backed off.

They went on to race and at 160+ the tire exploded and the Ferrari
    was totally destoried and the couple died. Since then the offical will
    pulled any car that fail tech

Becareful out there fellow rexers.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

Dang, I'm walking home after seeing that.
    -TSINightFall

Without you saying it was a ferrari and seeing the hood I wouldn't have known it had ever been a Ferrari. That thing came apart like a SOB.

Originally posted by WRXed
    Ok, I quit looking after the first body shot. Way too graphic for me.... Be careful guys (gals, too).

Ack.. when he said 'very graphic' I assumed he meant the mechanical damage. Could the moderator please edit the original post and include a warning that the link includes photos of graphic HUMAN destruction. I've seen some horrific sights but nothing that has made my knees go weak like that did.

I think I'll be driving home a little slower this evening.

-Pace

[Edit: Mods - thanks for the title edit.]
    Last edited by pace; 04-17-2002 at 01:51 PM.

Given my line of work I've actually seen much worse I'm afraid.

A couple of years ago, a man got convicted of Murder for hitting a Honda while the Honda was pulling into a gas station as the man was racing his Benz at speeds above 100 mph. Drive responsibly. You may be held responsible. Here's a news article about it.

Daily News (New York)

June 22, 2001

HEADLINE: DRIVER IS GUILTY OF MURDER High-speed crash in Brooklyn

A Brooklyn driver was convicted yesterday of second-degree murder for slamming his Mercedes-Benz into a Honda at more than 100 mph on the Belt Parkway, killing two people in the fiery collision.

The decision by the eight-woman, four-man Brooklyn Supreme Court jury marked the first time in state history that a sober driver had been convicted of murder for killing people in a crash, prosecutors said.

Jon Paul Lazartes, 21, of Marine Park, faces up to 25 years to life in prison at sentencing.

Lazartes, who had been free until yesterday, showed no emotion when the jury foreman read a verdict, convicting him of depraved indifference. Guards took himout in handcuffs.

His girlfriend and parents burst into tears, as did the relatives of Yvonne Rodriguez, 20, and Michael Lebel, 23, who were crushed beyond recognition Jan. 16, 2000, when Lazartes' 4,500-pound 1995 Mercedes smashed into the Honda Prelude they were in as it entered the Mobil gas station lot near the Flatbush
    exit about 4 a.m.

"He got what he deserved," said Robert Martinez, Lebel's cousin.

"It was worth the wait," said Norma Viera, Rodriguez's aunt, as she comforted Rodriguez's sobbing mother after a three-week trial and three days of deliberations.

Defense lawyer Felix Gilroy vowed to appeal. Lazartes had contended that Honda driver Michael Mateo, under the influence of cocaine and marijuana, had caused the crash by cutting across the highway to get to the gas station.

But jurors convicted Lazartes of flying down the Belt Parkway in a high-speed cat-and-mouse game with another Mercedes, indifferent to the lives he put at risk, as he unexpectedly came upon the Honda.

A prosecution crash expert said the Honda was smashed so hard that the impact was as though it had plummeted from a 10-story building.

Jurors said they couldn't avoid the feeling that any of them could have been on the road that night, struck by Lazartes' "4,500-pound torpedo," in the words
    of Assistant District Attorney Maureen McCormick.

"He made choices," said juror Beverly Dinkins. "There's no doubt in my mind, had that Mercedes-Benz not spun out of control and caught on fire, he'd still be racing. "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.